Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head coaching candidates @ NLR

Started by kplayaries, April 27, 2015, 01:30:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kplayaries

Head coaching candidates: 35 of them: Paul Calley. Tim Harper. Cortez Lee. Nick Vaughan. Andrew Cates. Ron Calcagni. Van Paschal. Jeromy Flowers. Joshua Puckett. Blake Pizan. Anthony Cantrell. Chris Hill. Michael Fair. David McCready. James Robison. John Launius. Lance Parker. Jeff McDaniels. Robert Russim. Michael Digman. Mark Johnson. Ronald Young. Jamie Washington. Jamie Mitchell. Jason Houle. Erik Gibson. Steven Thessing. William Watson. Kenny Stephens. Eric Redmond. Mark Courtney. James Evans. Tommy Britt III. Cornelius Roberts. Tadd Stewart.

Seebs

Greg Nations - a beautiful football mind
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

NaturalStateReb

A lot of very talented coaches in that pool.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

onebadrubi

Heads are still rolling within NLRSD over the Bolding deal

DoggtownHog

How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

TrueBlue

My money is on John L.

He always wanted to coach at an Alabama High School.

NLRSD needs to just smile.

Dr. Starcs

cc

Quote from: TrueBlue on April 28, 2015, 09:16:07 am
My money is on John L.

He always wanted to coach at an Alabama High School.

NLRSD needs to just smile.

That's pretty good and funny.

Van Paschal did well at Monticello, but I am not sure where he has been since then.

tkhog

younghog

Finalist are as follows.. per ARDEMGAZ

NLR candidates

North Little Rock will interview 10 candidates for its vacant football coaching position. Three are from the North Little Rock School District while the other seven are from out of the district:

NAME;SCHOOL

Anthony Cantrell;North Little Rock^

Mark Courtney;Dumas

Jeromy Flowers;Homewood Flossmore (Ill.)

Tim Harper;Mena

Chris Hill;Wynne

Jason Houle;North Little Rock

Cortez Lee;PB Dollarway

Jamie Mitchell;Starkville (Miss.)

Van Paschal;Barton

Blake Pizan;North Little Rock
•Assistant coach

^ NLR softball coach
GO HOGS

younghog

That is Former Arkansas Razorbacks football player Jeromy Flowers, who is currently the defensive coordinator at Homewood (Ill.)

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

RazorPiggie

Calling All Hogs

They're not even going to consider hiring Montez after all he has done for the program?

ricepig

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on April 28, 2015, 01:08:41 pm
They're not even going to consider hiring Montez after all he has done for the program?

Montez can't afford the cut in pay from being a "volunteer" coach......

TrueBlue

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2015, 01:14:59 pm

Montez doesn't have a dog in this fight. (He does have a hot dog in the fight)

Dwight_K_Shrute

Should go after the Starkville coach.  Starkville has had a great program for years.  Plus it helps them get a foothold in Mississippi for recruiting.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2015, 01:14:59 pm
Probably up in Ohio volunteering I'm guessing.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

aar0n

Methinks we need the guy from Starkville to stay AWAY, unless he just happens to be from Arkansas and coaching over there for a short period of time.  I'd be worried about any future talent at NLR being lightly pushed towards coach's former hometown/favorite college team.  Maybe my thinking is unfounded though.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on April 28, 2015, 01:08:41 pm

It appears that he has........"done enough".... ;D
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 28, 2015, 01:30:56 pm
Should go after the Starkville coach.  Starkville has had a great program for years.  Plus it helps them get a foothold in Mississippi for recruiting.

Wait. What?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

immahog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 28, 2015, 01:30:56 pm

I knew NLR was recruiting but ???????
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

#1 STUNNA

Courtney and Lee would be bad hires in my opinion.

hoglady

I don't know a thing about any of these coaches.
Figure out who the absolute worst hire would be and most likely that's your man. NLR has a track record of bad coaching hires.
Not a school in the state has done so little with so much talent - that's why the residents of NLR hated to see Bolding get booted, at least they made the playoffs with him.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Sooie71923

Clarksville HC Eli Cranor should have got an interview.

His offense with the athletes at NLR. WOW

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin @CourtneyRCronin  ·  5h 5 hours ago

Here's an updated story on Jamie Mitchell leaving Starkville for North Little Rock http://www.clarionledger.com/story/prepsreport/2015/05/05/jamie-mitchell-leaving-starkville/26934111/ ... #MSPreps
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: jbcarol on May 05, 2015, 08:42:18 pm
Courtney Cronin @CourtneyRCronin  ·  5h 5 hours ago

Here's an updated story on Jamie Mitchell leaving Starkville for North Little Rock http://www.clarionledger.com/story/prepsreport/2015/05/05/jamie-mitchell-leaving-starkville/26934111/ ... #MSPreps

Called it. Lived in Starkville for 10 years. They have a baller program. Watch for an influx of people moving from Oktibbeha County to Pulaski County for work purposes of course
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hoglady

Well - NLR gladly made me eat some crow regarding my earlier post.
This appears to be a really, really good hire.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Cinco de Hogo

Maybe he is maybe he isn't but...

I have never understood an Arkansas HS hiring a coach that wouldn't push The Arkansas Razorbacks above and beyond any other program.  However I can see LRSD doing that.

hoglady

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on May 06, 2015, 09:00:41 am

I have never understood an Arkansas HS hiring a coach that wouldn't push The Arkansas Razorbacks above and beyond any other program.  However I can see LRSD doing that.

LRSD has nothing to do with NLRSD.
2 totally separate entities.
NLR's job was to hire the best coach available.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hoglady on May 06, 2015, 09:03:30 am

Left turn, right turn...both take you into a rice paddy.

DeltaBoy

I am pulling for Van he did great with the Billies and was solid with Brinkley and now with Barton. Van Paschal is a great coach.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin @CourtneyRCronin  ·  19h 19 hours ago

Here's a look at Jamie Mitchell's resume: 163-61 career record over 18 seasons, 11 of 18 seasons w/ 10 or more wins https://ct.yimg.com/mr/uploads/1107/1685990.pdf ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin @CourtneyRCronin  ·  18h 18 hours ago

Spoke w/ North Little Rock superintendent Kelly Rodgers. Pending board approval on Thurs, he wants Jamie Mitchell to start immediately.

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on May 06, 2015, 09:00:41 am

That's not the job description.  Win games and graduate kids. 

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on May 06, 2015, 09:03:30 am

Don't confuse them, especially don't tell him about PCCSD, then his head will be spinning.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on May 06, 2015, 10:41:24 am
Don't confuse them, especially don't tell him about PCCSD, then his head will be spinning.

Don't confuse yourself, my doctor has already told me I'm as healthy as a horse.   ;D

PCCSD=Politically Correct & Confused School District.