Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are you satisfied with Stan Heath?

Started by tkhog, November 30, 2006, 10:30:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you satisfied Stan Heath?

Yes
No

tkhog

Not trying to start a fire Stan thread, I want an approval rating...

tomahawkhog

That's funny, your not trying to start a "fire stan" thread, yet your avatar has FIRE STAN in it...hmmmm. ;)
Go Hogs!

tkhog

Quote from: tomahawkhog on November 30, 2006, 10:32:31 pm
That's funny, your not trying to start a "fire stan" thread, yet your avatar has FIRE STAN in it...hmmmm. ;)
I do wan't Stan fired, I just hadn't planned on voicing that in this thread...

Inigo Montoya

Hong Kong Sooey

I am not satisfied.  But this has been the make or break season in my mind from day one.  Stan has this season to prove he belongs.  If he doesn't make a good run in the tourney, I'll be on him like Houston on a Band Director.

whatsshakinbacon

jeez.  what kind of poll results do you expect after we just lost?  Kind of an unnecessary thread right now.

Guys, wait until the end of this season before you pass judgment.

For me, if Stan doesn't take us to the sweet sixteen I say cut him loose.  If, on the other hand, we show improvement and make it that far we've had a good season with a great one setting up for 2007-08.

Weems, Beverly and Ervin are solid players but have only played 6 games in the uniform.  I reserve judgment for a while.

Bacon out...

tkhog

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 30, 2006, 10:36:21 pm
jeez.  what kind of poll results do you expect after we just lost?  Kind of an unnecessary thread right now.

Guys, wait until the end of this season before you pass judgment.

For me, if Stan doesn't take us to the sweet sixteen I say cut him loose.  If, on the other hand, we show improvement and make it that far we've had a good season with a great one setting up for 2007-08.

Weems, Beverly and Ervin are solid players but have only played 6 games in the uniform.  I reserve judgment for a while.

Bacon out...
I did wait until the end of the season to pass judgement...  The end of last season... I gave him chance after chance, and I was prepared to drive down to Dallas on sunday afternoon to see my Hogs play Memphis after beating Buckell.  That oppurtunity never came...

Razor6

One observation, though, is Mike Anderson is a great teacher. Think of how much time Anderson has had to teach his system. His kids have really bought into it, and they are executing it.

Heath is not getting the results he would want with the time he has had to teach his system. Arkansas appears to have no system while on offense.

Thank you Jimmy Dykes for cutting Arkansas some slack with your kind Arkansas comments tonight.

Go Hogs! Beat Gators!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

whatsshakinbacon

Unlike Houston Nutt, who seems to have an incredible political prowess with the BOT and Broyles, Heath's fate will be determined this year by wins and losses. 

I think some of the cancerous players that he recruited in a hastily put together first class are now gone.  I say this is the first year he's had all his own players, and give him this season to prove himself.

Bacon out...

Dwight_K_Shrute

where is the choice "No just no, but hell No!"
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PigManLives

Crap, his team has gotten better every year and will do so again this year.

Its ONE freakin game.  ONE!  ONE GAME!  ONE GAME!  ONE!

I swear some of you people are freakin stupid.

BIGDADDYHOG

I don't want him fired but if he doesnt pick it up this season I think he really starts feeling the pressure if we don't make the NCAA tourney or go deep in the NIT I think he is in trouble.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 30, 2006, 10:41:45 pm
Unlike Houston Nutt, who seems to have an incredible political prowess with the BOT and Broyles, Heath's fate will be determined this year by wins and losses. 

I think some of the cancerous players that he recruited in a hastily put together first class are now gone.  I say this is the first year he's had all his own players, and give him this season to prove himself.

Bacon out...
I agree.  Stan will make a good tourney run (Sweet 16 or a very good reason why not) or he goes the way of the dodo.  As I said before, this season has been my target season all along.  I'll give him until the end of it. 

Fletch

I think our program should be at the point where we are not worried whether or not we will make the NCAAT but what seed we will be. I am not sure we are there. I think this should be the last year we have to go through this.
I feel like $100

pignatious

I really want to hear Frank say that only 5% of the fans aren't happy with Heath. That would just top things off for me.
Freedom is never free.

cardinalhawg

I would not say that I am satisfied, but I haven't given up hope on him yet.  I have my doubts, but he has brought the program back up somewhat.

HogManDew616

This better be a good year...that should sum it up.
Arkansan in the Air Force - Stationed in Delaware

Go Hogs! :razorback:

I bleed PORK!

chiefsfan

Folks, that was one bad ball game.   We were coming off a tourney championship in orlando, and played a team whose coach wanted to beat us by 20.   Our players didnt play well

We will not see this style again for quite a while...     Lets calm down and concentrate on the stretch coming up that includes Texas and Texas Tech
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

dirtypig

Quote from: PigManLives on November 30, 2006, 10:45:46 pm
Crap, his team has gotten better every year and will do so again this year.

Its ONE freakin game.  ONE!  ONE GAME!  ONE GAME!  ONE!

I swear some of you people are freakin stupid.
great teams get the big lead and then bury your ass. They press you, make you look like doo doo, and then dunk on you and by that time you are so frustrated that you keep turning the ball over. Keep in mind that Mike Anderson has taught his team to play hard and execute well in less than a year. so after six years, how do you think we have progressed?

dirtypig

Quote from: chiefsfan on November 30, 2006, 11:00:11 pm
Folks, that was one bad ball game.   We were coming off a tourney championship in orlando, and played a team whose coach wanted to beat us by 20.   Our players didnt play well

We will not see this style again for quite a while...     Lets calm down and concentrate on the stretch coming up that includes Texas and Texas Tech
No, we suck and so do the chiefs.

sportscrazy

I am not sure what people are wanting out of Coach Heath but he has gotten better every year.  He had no talent to start with and has had to build this from nothing.  We finally have guards.  Let's reserve judgement til the end of the season.

tkhog

Quote from: sportscrazy on November 30, 2006, 11:12:54 pm
I am not sure what people are wanting out of Coach Heath but he has gotten better every year.  He had no talent to start with and has had to build this from nothing.  We finally have guards.  Let's reserve judgement til the end of the season.
I want SEC championships and final-fours.

Sanctified Swine

how can you fire a coach that improves the program every single year? 

Sanctified Swine

I can't beleive the negativity towards our coaches that some Hog fans have. 10-2 in football and improving in hoops every year, but lets fire the coaches.

sportscrazy

Quote from: tkhog on November 30, 2006, 11:18:35 pm
Quote from: sportscrazy on November 30, 2006, 11:12:54 pm
I want SEC championships and final-fours.

I believe next year we could be that type of a team.  I actually believe both our football and basketball teams will have exceptional seasons next year.  In relation to basketball let's see how this year and the next end up.  I think we will be pleasantly surprised.

ArkansasI

I believe that we are more talented than Missouri.  Still, I couldn't help but laugh watching them beat us the same way we beat teams for 17 years.

Stan got his first taste of Hawg Ball and we got whooped.  My goodness, if I hadn't known better I would have sworn that was us out there... circa 1986 or so. 

I expect us to bounce back from tonight and somehow suppose we can thank Mike for giving us a few things to work on in practice.  Stan needs to find a couple of players that can dribble a basketball.  Right now, it doesn't look like we have anyone that can control a game.  That is not good.

Although there can be no doubt that Mike had to go when Nolan lost himself, I couldn't help but feel happy for Coach A.  Aside from our fans, few ever respected the way we won from the late 80s through the mid-90s.  While the Hogs stomped through a decade of basketball, Mike waited for an offer from a "worthy" program.

The problem was, no such program believed Nolan's style deserved a chance outside Fayetteville.  Seems crazy to me since it allows for tremendous success if you can stockpile enough good, though not necessarily great, players.  Mike appeared snakebit since the program was obviously slipping in the late 90s and doomed with Nolan's demise. 

I am sure that Mike considers himself lucky to have had the opportunity from hometown UAB.  Kudos to him for turning things around there... no doubt he will do the same for the Tigers.

hawgfan80

I hate losing games. But, it does happen that a team less talented beats a team that is more talented. Its called college basketball. I don't have a problem with that. I have more of a problem with your guards not being mentally tough enough to take charge and keep control of the game. None of Arkansas' guards could do that tonight. They are young, they'll learn. Just didn't happen tonight.

Hong Kong Sooey

I also found myself chuckling a little.  Although I hated the loss, it was nice to see Mike give Frank and the BOT a big ol' middle finger.  Stan and the team can learn from this.  One loss to a very motivated team led by a very good coach who happened to be on a mission isn't disheartening in any way.  How would you like to be a fly on the wall in Nolan's hotel room tonight? 

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: ArkansasI on November 30, 2006, 11:36:58 pm
My goodness, if I hadn't known better I would have sworn that was us out there... circa 1986 or so. 

More like the team from the 90s, at least in the first half.

jamie72921

Bless your heart

ArkansasI

Yeah hawgfan80, I agree.  Our guards were simply not ready tonight.  They were outta gas EARLY.

That has to change.  If I were preparing to play the Hogs this year, I would press the entire game (assuming I had the bench to do it).

As Nolan would say, "Cut off the head and the body will die."  We didn't want to be in Columbia tonight.

Mike is a good man.  Still, I hope we kick his @%% the next time we meet.  One is all he gets.

Franchise_Hog

November 30, 2006, 11:55:29 pm #31 Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:57:57 pm by Franchise_Hog
I also laughed a few times myself tonight.  I just kinda didn't really care that we were getting beat.

Of course I wanted us to win, but I think my mind is still with the football team and I can't start b*tching about basketball yet.

dmhog v2.0

It was beautiful to watch 40 minutes of hell again. It was just too bad it was our team on the RECEIVING end of it.

jkstock04

Quote from: ArkansasI on November 30, 2006, 11:36:58 pm
I believe that we are more talented than Missouri.  Still, I couldn't help but laugh watching them beat us the same way we beat teams for 17 years.

Stan got his first taste of Hawg Ball and we got whooped.  My goodness, if I hadn't known better I would have sworn that was us out there... circa 1986 or so. 

I expect us to bounce back from tonight and somehow suppose we can thank Mike for giving us a few things to work on in practice.  Stan needs to find a couple of players that can dribble a basketball.  Right now, it doesn't look like we have anyone that can control a game.  That is not good.

Although there can be no doubt that Mike had to go when Nolan lost himself, I couldn't help but feel happy for Coach A.  Aside from our fans, few ever respected the way we won from the late 80s through the mid-90s.  While the Hogs stomped through a decade of basketball, Mike waited for an offer from a "worthy" program.

The problem was, no such program believed Nolan's style deserved a chance outside Fayetteville.  Seems crazy to me since it allows for tremendous success if you can stockpile enough good, though not necessarily great, players.  Mike appeared snakebit since the program was obviously slipping in the late 90s and doomed with Nolan's demise. 

I am sure that Mike considers himself lucky to have had the opportunity from hometown UAB.  Kudos to him for turning things around there... no doubt he will do the same for the Tigers.
I don't think we're more talented than them....they completley DOMINATED us...we never had a chance.  Don't kid yourself, they had the talent advantage....if we had more talent then them we wouldnt have got beat by 25 points.  I agree with everything else you said though....I watched Anderson's 40 minutes of hell in awe, they played it almost flawless....and it took me back to our glory days when we used to beat up on scrub teams like the way Mizzou did us tonight.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Mr. Prozac

A bit surreal--made me miss the old days...Our guards have to get better at taking control--I remember seeing the guards from many other teams look as helpless as ours did tonight.

Phaedrus

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on November 30, 2006, 11:56:26 pm
It was beautiful to watch 40 minutes of hell  again. It was just too bad it was our team on the RECEIVING end of it.

What is that. You mean you aren't frothing at the mouth over these half court sets?

ArkansasI

December 01, 2006, 12:08:06 am #36 Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 12:09:45 am by ArkansasI
Really jkstock04?  I didn't think that Mizzou looked all that talented.  Certainly, we played into their plans by turning the ball over (several times unforced) 18 or 19 times in the first half.  It looked like to me that we pressed to keep up with them and basically crapped our pants.

It was terrible execution by us.  After the Old Spice tournament in Orlando, I expected us to maintain our composure a little better.  I am disappointed that Stan didn't have them prepared to play this type of basketball.  I know every Razorback fan that was more than 12 years old expected Missouri to play just the way they did.

Poor Hunter didn't know what to do when he caught the inbounds pass.  It is amazing to me that we were not ready to break a press.  What did Stan think they were going to do?  Our ballhandling is attrocious!

Still, I think that we will be competitive this year.

dirthog

it felt kinda wierd watching the hogs play and lose, and I really didn't get upset like I usually do.  I guess it was b/c I actually got to watch hogball for the first time in five years, even though we lost.  sure looked like mizzou should have been wearing red tonight.
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

Tejano Jawg

I'm not sure I was chuckling too much...but I get your point.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HognotinMemphis

I loved it. I couldn't care less about college basketball but did take some enjoyment from seeing Heath get whipped. I still think he's not legitimate.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HogManDew616

You know...I used to watch a team that played some killer D like that...seems like it was about 10-15 years ago...

Our boys looked like they'd never seen full-court defense before.  HOLY CRAP, A DOUBLE TEAM, WHAT DO I DO???  They looked HORRIBLE!
Arkansan in the Air Force - Stationed in Delaware

Go Hogs! :razorback:

I bleed PORK!

jkstock04

Quote from: ArkansasI on December 01, 2006, 12:08:06 am
Really jkstock04?  I didn't think that Mizzou looked all that talented.  Certainly, we played into their plans by turning the ball over (several times unforced) 18 or 19 times in the first half.  It looked like to me that we pressed to keep up with them and basically crapped our pants.

It was terrible execution by us.  After the Old Spice tournament in Orlando, I expected us to maintain our composure a little better.  I am disappointed that Stan didn't have them prepared to play this type of basketball.  I know every Razorback fan that was more than 12 years old expected Missouri to play just the way they did.

Poor Hunter didn't know what to do when he caught the inbounds pass.  It is amazing to me that we were not ready to break a press.  What did Stan think they were going to do?  Our ballhandling is attrocious!

Still, I think that we will be competitive this year.
Don't even get me started on Hunter...lol.  It amazes me that people think he could be point guard and can shoot the three pointer lights out.  The white boy that was torching us from the three point line...that wasn't luck, that was talent.  But really, I just dont think when a team beats the hell out of us by 25 points (or whatever the final score was) you can say we are more talented then them with a straight face.  If we played them 10 times how many times do you think we would beat them?  I say once out of ten.

I hope we will be competitive this year, and I will cheering for the Hogs all year long.  I'll be the there to congratulate when we do good and I'll be there to criticize when we do bad....isn't that what we as fans do???
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jaredkr

I'm not going to lie, I was a Missouri fan tonight! If this was in March, or we were on the bubble, it would be different, but congrats to Coach Anderson!
I am Ray Finkel

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: HogManDew616 on December 01, 2006, 12:26:47 am
You know...I used to watch a team that played some killer D like that...seems like it was about 10-15 years ago...

Our boys looked like they'd never seen full-court defense before.  HOLY CRAP, A DOUBLE TEAM, WHAT DO I DO???  They looked HORRIBLE!
We have very inexperienced guards.  Hopefully they will get better.  As QT said in another thread (paraphrase), I'd run them until they understood the concept.  The good news is, we shouldn't face a press like that again this season.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on November 30, 2006, 10:35:16 pm
I am not satisfied.  But this has been the make or break season in my mind from day one.  Stan has this season to prove he belongs.  If he doesn't make a good run in the tourney, I'll be on him like Houston on a Band Director.

Here, here! Sweet 16 or see ya, Stan!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

upperdeck_hawg

we talk about our inexperienced guards but Mizzou is completely revamped too. you all sound like mizzou has been practicing this stuff for years. our preparation for the press was piss poor and this all falls on our coaches.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

loserhog3-7

Once his contract is null and void that's when you decide to keep him or not. The season is early.

AFWarrior83

I don't care who we lost to! I want the Hogs to WIN PERIOD! I agree Mike A showed Broyles why he should have been offered the job before Stan... I still got faith in this team though, and we will get better. I can't help but think Patrick is going to be the man sooner than later. Stan can recruit I'll give him that, plus he's a classy coach, but I want a coach that can fire the players up. It's funny we have a BBall coach that's classy, can recruit, but can't instill that fire we need; then we have Nutt, a great motivator, decent recruiter, but acts like a clown most of the time (he has his good moments)...
Hogville member since 2005.

SPAL

frank dropped the ball again by passin on mike and goin after a proven winner ...err., a highly successful...err, a good ole boy