Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who was the best college B-Ball shooter that you ever Saw?

Started by Burnt Orange Sucks, March 23, 2006, 09:11:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Burnt Orange Sucks

There have been a couple of posts tonight saying that Reddick was the best raw shooter ever in college, where is that coming from?

What do ya'll think?
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

afhogfan1980

"Even Lance Armstrong Won Without a Nutt"

afhogfan1980

he was hard core i watch espn classic alot hes a beast

Hawgin84

Buff

hawgdaddy306

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on March 23, 2006, 09:49:13 pm
Quote from: Boss Hogg on March 23, 2006, 09:38:26 pm
Jayson Williams...who else??

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/news/2002/05/01/williams_shooting_ap/

Carlton Dotson gets a mention.

http://www.kcentv.com/news/c-article.php?cid=1&nid=8801
Thats funny right there.  As for long range shooters, the UofA's own, Al Dillard was lights out from anywhere (just about) inside the snout.  I watched him shoot in the HYPR courts many nights, and that dude was awsome.
With the hiring of Bobby Petrino, the National Championship  project is already showing signs of improvement and will soon be back on schedule.

afhogfan1980

scotty thurman that guy was automatic from outside the arena 

afhogfan1980

Hoot72

The best pure shooter I ever saw play college ball was Rick Mount from Purdue -- you have to be able to go back a ways to remember him.  Also, I would say Marvin Delph was not far behind.  It would have been lethal to imagine what those two guys would have been like with a three-point line

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: hawgdaddy306 on March 23, 2006, 09:55:43 pm
Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on March 23, 2006, 09:49:13 pm
Quote from: Boss Hogg on March 23, 2006, 09:38:26 pm
Jayson Williams...who else??

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/news/2002/05/01/williams_shooting_ap/

Carlton Dotson gets a mention.

http://www.kcentv.com/news/c-article.php?cid=1&nid=8801
Thats funny right there.  As for long range shooters, the UofA's own, Al Dillard was lights out from anywhere (just about) inside the snout.  I watched him shoot in the HYPR courts many nights, and that dude was awsome.

Dillard deserves a mention as does Chris Smith of LSU. However, Dillard could not cover his foot if you gave him a shoe.

David Rivers before his Car Accident at Notre Dame.

He was Awesome and could create or hit the outside shot. He was incredible.

SC Hogman

Quote from: Hoot72 on March 23, 2006, 10:01:21 pm
The best pure shooter I ever saw play college ball was Rick Mount from Purdue -- you have to be able to go back a ways to remember him.  Also, I would say Marvin Delph was not far behind.  It would have been lethal to imagine what those two guys would have been like with a three-point line

JJ without a doubt!  I have seen him at least once every year since his freshman year!

CiriusPorker

CallMeAl

Marvin Delph. He would still hold the Arkansas scoring record if there was a three point line in his day.
Hog since birth.

Burnt Orange Sucks

Just speaking from a college standpoint, Glen Robinson when he was at Purdue averaged like 33 points a game. He was incredible!
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

the donger

CiriusPorker

i think the best shooter i've EVER seen at any level is Steve Nash..

felixfan

im only 22 so i havent seen a lot but i would have to say thurman probably, and then dillard.  Lofton is a pretty good shooter in these days. 

Pigonometry

Baseball is simple, but never easy.

mword

hoggystyle78

Chappeee

hogfan064

Pistol and Bird are obvious choices, but what about Mark Price.  That guy was awesome.  His brother Brent was pretty good too, but never had the impact Mark did in the NBA

HoopS

EastexHawg

Maravich is obviously the greatest scorer in history, but I guess as a pure shooter I would have to go with Larry Bird.  Marvin Delph is the greatest shooter in Razorback history, and one of the best I have ever seen at any level.  The guy shot well over 50% for his career...even though so many of his shots were taken from what would now be three point range.

Is anyone old enough to remember Jerry West during his college years at West Virginia?  I'm not, but I remember him as a Laker.  He was a great shooter, especially in the clutch.

And...you're right, Dennis Scott was a great shooter at GT.

hogsNbeer

As far as a pure shooter..... That's tough....Steve Alford comes to mind(Knight had specific plays to get him open)....... Certainly Larry Bird should be considered..... Redick is in the top 5....

http://www.ncaa.org/library/records/basketball/m_basketball_records_book/2006/2006_m_basketball_records.pdf

Go to this page if you need 400 pages of information.
Sidney holds the all time field goal percentage for freshman at 66.5. Oliver Miller's 1991 70% shooting is a stat to take note of. Pistol Pete is the only player to average over 43 points and did it 3 years. I enjoyed watching Rick Mount shoot but Bird was incredible.
Steve Spurrier, Florida football coach, telling Gator fans that a fire at Auburn's football dorm had destroyed 20 books: "But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet." (1991)

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

clew

Pure as the dawn

Tmac813

ThunderHog

longtimeHogfan

'Pistol' Pete Maravich set the high water mark for all others to strive for. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hogfan064

Quote from: hoophogs on March 24, 2006, 08:40:22 am
Dennis Scott of Ga Tech should be mentioned.

I loved those Bobby Cremins teams.  Lethal Weapon 3.  There was a conference game in which GT was down by 8 with 20 seconds left and came back to win.  I think it was against UNC, but not sure.  It was the most insane finish I've seen in a basketball game.  Cremins was always one of my favorite coaches. 

Deuce Pigelow

anybody that played agianst this years Hog team.
(Humphreys, Green, Bettencourt and others.)

Tmac813

Quote from: potbelly69 on March 24, 2006, 11:29:06 am
anybody that played agianst this years Hog team.
(Humphreys, Green, Bettencourt and others.)

Why don't u just kick a hog fan in the balls and get it over with!