Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anyone want an Oakland/Hog game thread?

Started by Boarcephus, December 14, 2006, 07:10:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 14, 2006, 08:30:13 pm
I'll give this to Stan, he recognizes his teams weaknesses and recruits to strengthen them.  He needed shooters and went out and got some

Boarcephus, you should modify the name of your thread as "The Official" thread. LOL
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

sportscrazy

We are just pounding these guys.  We look rested and ready to play.  I hope this carries over to Saturday.

MDH

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on December 14, 2006, 08:34:24 pm
Quote from: MDH on December 14, 2006, 08:32:13 pm
Now they are hugging the Nutt.

?

The announcers.  They didn't stay on it too long thankfully.  I'm watching the game for basketball.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

?

Jimmy Dykes basically said while covering football for ESPN everybody was saying what a good job Nutt has done and has turned into a leader, then he said he liked what he did about drawing a line in the sand

Boarcephus

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on December 14, 2006, 08:32:59 pm
Boarcephus, you should modify the name of your thread as "The Official" thread. LOL

Probably should have but just kind of tippytoed in tonite.  Hasn't been a whole lot of interest in the bb team this year.  Too much turmoil with the fb team I suppose.

Bet there's not but  6-7000 fans there tonite.  Really kind of sad.   Going to have to win something to get the fans back.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Adam Stokes

I'll give this to Stan, he recognizes his teams weaknesses and recruits to strengthen them.  He needed shooters and went out and got some

Heath addresses the issues he has.  Last year we had poor FT shooting, not this year, heck we're 15-16 tonight.  We didn't have shooters, he recruited some, even giving up on Ramar Smith to get a "up and comer" that almost no one new about when we started recruiting him.  Problem is, we pass better but then come up short on defense, or we work on our 3-pt shooting and then we turn the ball over too many times, we show great agility but lose at the FT line, always something to improve on with a Stan Heath team. 

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: MDH on December 14, 2006, 08:36:08 pm

?

The announcers.  They didn't stay on it too long thankfully.  I'm watching the game for basketball.

Thanks for the clarification.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: ajs15razorman on December 14, 2006, 08:37:47 pm

Heath addresses the issues he has.  Last year we had poor FT shooting, not this year, heck we're 15-16 tonight.  We didn't have shooters, he recruited some, even giving up on Ramar Smith to get a "up and comer" that almost no one new about when we started recruiting him.  Problem is, we pass better but then come up short on defense, or we work on our 3-pt shooting and then we turn the ball over too many times, we show great agility but lose at the FT line, always something to improve on with a Stan Heath team. 

At least Heath seems to understand what he has, than determines what he needs to do to be better and more competitive in today's game of College Basketball. Nutt should take some lessons.

THUNDER!

hogfankb

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 14, 2006, 08:37:18 pm
Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on December 14, 2006, 08:32:59 pm

Probably should have but just kind of tippytoed in tonite.  Hasn't been a whole lot of interest in the bb team this year.  Too much turmoil with the fb team I suppose.

Bet there's not but  6-7000 fans there tonite.  Really kind of sad.   Going to have to win something to get the fans back.

I agree. We did win the Old Spice. However until football is over, the entire fan base will not get interested in the BB team.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

hogfankb

Boarcephus

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on December 14, 2006, 08:43:21 pm
I agree. We did win the Old Spice. However until football is over, the entire fan base will not get interested in the BB team.

That plus we really play a boring brand of ball.   Nolan had the 40 minutes of hell but Stan is more like the Big 10 style many of us thought he'd bring to Fayetteville.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 14, 2006, 08:45:51 pm
Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on December 14, 2006, 08:43:21 pm

That plus we really play a boring brand of ball.   Nolan had the 40 minutes of hell but Stan is more like the Big 10 style many of us thought he'd bring to Fayetteville.

If he can continue to find a way to win with that style, he will win over the fans. JMO.

THUNDER!

hogfankb

I haven't been impressed with Washington this year. Just seems to be so slow and clumsy out there. I hope he shakes off some of the rust before the end of the season.

Hollywood_HOGan

the BB team can really draw some big time interest if they beat Texas Tech and then go to Austin and win.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

hogfankb

hogfan13

It was a real good game to watch. But got boring about halfway thru the second half