Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A double standard ?

Started by mikeirwin, December 12, 2006, 09:59:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Badgernation

Quote from: mikeirwin on December 12, 2006, 09:59:58 am
JFB has told Stan Heath to play a more uptempo offense. The fans like it better Broyles says.  The thing is, that's not what this team is best suited for. In their only real uptempo game they got slaughtered by Missouri. Anyone who has watched the early schedule can see that the Hogs have played best in a patterend half court offense.
Now look at Football. We are told that letting Gus run his offense is not what this team does best. They will run the ball 80%, pass 20% with the idea that if you have D-Mac and Felix you have to put the ball in their hands as much as possible.
The bottom line, the AD lets the football coach run the offense he thinks is best suited for winning. But he tells the basketball coach to run an offense that is not the best fit for the talent Heath has.

LOL, in that game against Mizzou, the only team running uptempo ball were the Tigers...  The problem is, that UA didn't PRACTICE uptempo ball and still doesn't.  How can you be good at something without practicing it?

stan the man

One reason football stadium fills up and basketball arena doesn't is real simple.  This is a football school, always was and always willl be.  Yes we had sucess when we were ranked in the top 10 or 15 and will do so again if that ever happens.  We  always have sparse crowds at basketball games this time of year.  Maybe not as small as this year but I believe it is because of the sucess of the football team.  People are less apt to attend all home games in basketball as they do in football because there are so many more of them and a lot of season ticket holders do not live within 2 hours of Fayetteville.  I know several people that live in Central and Southern Arkansas that do not regularly attend for that reason.  Give them a good reason to come and they will be here.     

311Hog

Quote from: Badgernation on December 12, 2006, 01:58:37 pm
JFB has told Stan Heath to play a more uptempo offense. The fans like it better Broyles says.  The thing is, that's not what this team is best suited for. In their only real uptempo game they got slaughtered by Missouri. Anyone who has watched the early schedule can see that the Hogs have played best in a patterend half court offense.
Now look at Football. We are told that letting Gus run his offense is not what this team does best. They will run the ball 80%, pass 20% with the idea that if you have D-Mac and Felix you have to put the ball in their hands as much as possible.
The bottom line, the AD lets the football coach run the offense he thinks is best suited for winning. But he tells the basketball coach to run an offense that is not the best fit for the talent Heath has.

LOL, in that game against Mizzou, the only team running uptempo ball were the Tigers...  The problem is, that UA didn't PRACTICE uptempo ball and still doesn't.  How can you be good at something without practicing it?

Please explain to me how you practice to play 4 different teams with 4 different styles in 6 days, and be a full time student.

Im going to sit here and wait for your detailed explaination of how HEalth was suppose to game plan for 2 slow down half court defense teams, a one three one trapping style team, and then 40 minutes of hell all in less then a week.

StatMaster

Quote from: 311Hog on December 12, 2006, 02:08:22 pm
Quote from: Badgernation on December 12, 2006, 01:58:37 pm

Please explain to me how you practice to play 4 different teams with 4 different styles in 6 days, and be a full time student.

Im going to sit here and wait for your detailed explaination of how HEalth was suppose to game plan for 2 slow down half court defense teams, a one three one trapping style team, and then 40 minutes of hell all in less then a week.

pretty good point there

HognotinMemphis

He's 82.

One point: if the football coaches really believed in the running game, why not go to the wishbone or the veer and get you a QB who can run it. Why run it 80% and pass 20% if your so good running. Why not 95% and 5%, like the OU's, Texases and Nebraska's of the 70's and early 80's?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.