Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V-Kentucky

Started by flippinhogmana, January 27, 2018, 09:28:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

This is a game that comparing rosters and recent play, we shouldnt win either.
But we are playing at home.  Williams and Thomas are going to be well motivated by their lack of success against SC.
We do have Devin Cosper back with a little playing time to get her ready to really play.
I dont think we can discount the beginning emergence of Macy Weaver either, and her team mates looking for her for a change.  In past games she would be wide open deep and they still were relunctant to feed her the ball.  Something changed before the game with SC, they repeatedly looked for her and feed her.  Her scoring on the first feed from a great setup by Cosper might have something to do with Mason, Stout and RNB looking for her after that, but I think from reviewing the game a couple more times on her segments, that it was by design.  I think the coaching staff is now starting to see that she can be effective.

Mason will play her steady game and MM will find better driving lanes.  If Cosper returns to form (and I think she will come close to it, to full form after just one game is a bit much to expect), and if RNB is up to form I think we have a real shot at winning this one at home and it not really being an upset. 

That is another player that merits mention as well in improvement.  Swenson is starting to play with intensity and blood in her eye.  I think one thing I can guarantee is that these girls arent going to come out and play the way they did against Florida at home.  I still predict a win for this game.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

LadybackBBFan

We should win and we need to win this one or it will be another long season.

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

January 27, 2018, 12:25:16 pm #3 Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 12:57:55 pm by flippinhogmana
game is at Bud, where we will have four of our next five games for a change.

game time is MONDAY 6pm and will be televised.

flippinhogmana

after watching the LSU/Tenner game it is obvious to me that there is generally a home court bias in SEC officiating (despite the fact that we seem seldom to get it).   But at least like Bama, when LSU got the favorable officiating they were able to do something with it and beat Tenner.  They are better than I thought, but they arent that much better.  both teams missed a lot of outside shots and were bad at the line.

flippinhogmana

As of now, the starting lineup shows Spangler and Stout.  Not sure what that means.

flippinhogmana

now it shows the regular starting rotation

flippinhogmana

they are coming to tipoff
other team gets the tip as usual, and hits a two (nearly a three)
monk misses but williams get the board (twice and eventually scores) 2-2
kentuck travels
zimmer hits a three 5-2 hogs
kentuck answers with a three, 5-5

flippinhogmana

cosper missess and kentucky with another unforced turnover
two minutes gone
monk dribble drives and scores 7-5 hogs
kentuck misses mason rebounds, but cosper turns it over
monks misses on the other end, but zimmer gets the board and cosper hits a driving layup for a 9-5 lead at 6:3O to go

flippinhogmana

Kentucky hits a two and mason responds with a three, 12-7 but then Kentucky hits a three , 12-10
cosper hits and then an airball next trip, then Kentucky hits a three, to go up 13-12, and then the hogs turn it over again.

flippinhogmana

media time out 13-12, 4:53 to go, all five hogs have scored.  Thomas in now. 
kentucky misses inside, ball to hogs, monk fires up a desperation three as shotclock expires but misses
kentucky scores inside to make it 15-12 at 2:42 to go in the first

psycHOGlogist

We are not doing a good job of attacking the zone at this point. Hope we can make some adjustments.

Also, Zimmerman is having another really bad game so far. She looks lost on D and has had the ball ripped out of her hands a couple times.

flippinhogmana

zimmer turns it over, Thomas with a foul on the ensuing Kentucky possession, side out, misses but they get a board and put back, hogs needing more height as usual 17-12 Kentucky on a 10 point run and now a thirteen as they hit a three,
Monk is fouled on a driving layup attempt will go to the line, hits the first to break the Kentucky run and swinson comes in (monk hits both) under a minute to go Kentucky has a five point lead 19-14, tie up on their possession and hogs ball with now under thirty to go and monk turns it over.  Kentucky scores as the quarter expires, 21-14.

flippinhogmana

cosper and monk had their pockets picked too, not sure if they are over amped or what

flippinhogmana

Kentucky wants this game more right now, our girls have to play harder

flippinhogmana

weaver starting the 2nd quarter

flippinhogmana

swinson called for a travel (should have been a foul) Kentucky scores inside crap officiating again

flippinhogmana

williams and cosper back in, weaver and zimmer out

psycHOGlogist

The guards are really doing a bad job of attacking the zone. That surprises me.

flippinhogmana

hogs just look outs of sorts too
Kentucky has an 11 point lead now, hogs yet to show up for a game they should win at home.  They had like a five minute burst and then not much since
hogs timeout

flippinhogmana

mike took out weaver after a minute but it looked like to me that it was swinson screwing up (even if she was trying hard), but it is mostly the guards as you say

flippinhogmana

cosper is nowhere near herself yet either
cosper drives and draws a foul, hits both fts 25-16
swinson with good defense draws a charge
williams works hard inside for a bucket, hogs playing harder, zimmer misses a three
kentucky hits a three, 28-18 again and zimmer needs to find a spot on the bench

psycHOGlogist

Please, put Zimmerman out of our misery. There are better looking shots in the brickyard.

And she is still doing nothing on defense. Ugh.

psycHOGlogist

This officiating is also garbage.

flippinhogmana

30-18,with just under six to go in the half
stout comes in for zimmer and weaver back in with thomas
maason and RBN, kentucky hits a long two, 32-18
thomas turns it over
kentucky scores again inside to go up 34-18 and hits the one, 35-18
4:36 to go,
thomas scores on a jumper, 35-20
kentucky offfensive foul
macy weaver picks up a foul going for an offensive board on a hog miss
weaver picks up her third
looks like mike is going to let her play anyway

flippinhogmana

RnB turns it over, stout doesnt block out and hogs gives up an easy offensive board
weaver gets an offensive board and is fouled on the putback attempt, gets one of two
rnb with an offensive foul
39-21 with two and a half to go

psycHOGlogist

We cannot throw the ball in the ocean, and KY can't miss. Double ugh.

flippinhogmana

hogs just arent here tonight at all
not on offense, not on defense
mason gets fouled, makes both
down twenty with 1:44 and monk comes back in, weaver goes out
and this officiating is total crap,

flippinhogmana

cosper is definitely not herself, not even in much in the first half

flippinhogmana

mason hits a three, 43-26 now has eight points
and that is the way it ends at half time

flippinhogmana

hogs with ten turnovers and most of them were just straight steals, cosper and rnb with two each, along with the poor defense, and poor shooting they arent giving themselves a shot

psycHOGlogist

Bears repeating - this officiating is absolutely awful.

flippinhogmana

mason with eight, monk with six, williams with four, zimmer with three, cosper and thomas with two, weaver with one,

Kentucky has just flat outplayed them.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on January 29, 2018, 07:01:00 pm
Bears repeating - this officiating is absolutely awful.

true but then that seems to be par for the course.  I thought the officiating was bad in football and men's bb, but I see bad officiating in most games I watch.

psycHOGlogist

Please, oh deities of basketball, put Zimmerman back on the bench. She really has no conception of her limits as a player. Stop trying to dribble ... period.

flippinhogmana

first possess 2nd half foul on cosper, eventually cosper gets the board on a kentucky miss,
teams trade buckets, copser with a three, 49-31 with 5:48 to go
zimmer gets the foul called on her, just more junk officiating, both going for the ball

psycHOGlogist

Good for Mike on getting T'ed up. This crap absolutely needs to be pushed back on. This is our home court and we are getting absolutely JOBBED by the refs.

flippinhogmana

t on Neighbors
kentucky makes both, rabbit eared refs
four pits from the line
53-31 now
anothe rkentucky bucket
another zimmer miss
another kentucky bucket 57-31 and another hogs turnover

psycHOGlogist

Ok, I'm done.

Really frustrating to see play this bad.

flippinhogmana

bring in dungee and gaulden

flippinhogmana

zimmer gets an offensive board, and is fouled, hogs come up empty
williams out, weaver in
weaver blocked that and nearly picked up a foul, zimmer blocked
cosper turns it over trying to feed weaver I think
weaver playing with three fouls gives up a bucket inside
cospe rits a three
59-34
phantom foul called on weaver, that is ridiculous
she never touched her anytime
mason hits a three
61-37
cosper with an easy bucket, 61-39
weaver still in with four fouls

psycHOGlogist

Ok, I lied. I didn't stop watching. And I have to give some props to Zimmerman - she's done a bit better effort wise on the offensive glass.

But gah, this officiating. Is. Still. Awful.

But here's a second to the motion of bringing in Gaulden and Dungee. Lol

flippinhogmana

this is a terrible officiating crew
lazy, sorry, among other things,
hogs are starting to fight now at least
zimme rwith a turnover
64-41 at the end of the 3rd

cosper now with 12, mason with with 11 and monk with 8

flippinhogmana

I am glad I am not there Psych, I would for sure get thrown out for telling those officials how much they suck.

flippinhogmana

i will start posting again if it gets interesting. 

flippinhogmana

monk 1-9, mason is playing decently gets an assist on a thomas bucket, 64-43

flippinhogmana

kentucky turns it over and monks turns it over and then picks up the foul,
kentucky hits two fts and then swenson turns it over
foul on thomas and kentucky hits two more fts

flippinhogmana

swenson hits a jumper, and then uk hits a three, then a two by mason, for a twenty four point lead
cosper hits to cut it to 22, 71-49

flippinhogmana

that brings us to a media timeout with 4:55 to go in the game

flippinhogmana

williams scores inside to cut it to twenty and one that she misses
monk picks up a foul on the other end
uk hits the first and misses the second
72-51
monk hits a three, 72-54
uk scores a layup, 74-54
hogs turn it over
I dont know what the hogs were tonight, zimmer hits a three, 74-57
uk hits inside, 76-59, rnb hits a bucket, 76-59, foul on uk on the other end
rnb to the line, hits the first, and misses the second, 76-60
under a minute to go