Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V Alabama

Started by flippinhogmana, February 04, 2018, 10:38:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

When the year rolled around to the beginning of conference play, I though they were four games that we had a decent shot of winning on the road.  They were Auburn, Alabama, Kentucky and Vanderbilt.  We did beat Auburn in what was our best performance of the year imho.  After having lost at home to both Alabama and Kentucky, one would have to logically downgrade our chances of beating either of them on the road.  However, both games have some points to ponder.

We were leading Bama at the start of the 4th quarter until they were awarded 27 foul shots (of which they made twenty) in the fourth quarter.  Four of them came on a bogus call and a resulting technical while we were still ahead with (as I recall) about five minutes to go. 

Now Bama with be out to prove that they didnt outright steal the game from us with the help of the refs.  We will be out to prove they did.  Devin Cosper is back and perhaps in full fashion after her last half against Kentuck.  That also might factor into the return match with them.

But for this one, I think we have about 40-60 chance to win this game.  If we dont get highly motivated for this one I dont know what we could do get there.  If we were to pull off this as a win, then we might have a chance against Kentucky, although Kentucky has, I believe, turned a corner on their season and is playing better than they were earlier in the year.

game time is at one.  It will be televised on the SEC channel and should also be available on the internet.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

hogs will have the usual starting lineup today (monk, williams, zimmer, cosper and mason)
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

kentucky lost by two (had a chance to tie at the buzzer) at home to LSU

flippinhogmana

espn commentators still give the hogs a slight chance of making the NCAA tournament btw

flippinhogmana

tipoff coming up soon as the players are now being introduced.

flippinhogmana

bama with the tip
and they come up empty on a chippy shot
hogs break on top by two on a feed to williams by mason
tide misssing again close in
mason hits a driving layup and the hogs are up by four 4-0 hogs wih a minute and a half gone by

flippinhogmana

bama concentrating on going inside and hits a tow 4-2
zimmer misses and the tide even the score inside
zimmer hits off a tipped ball and its 6-4 hogs
travel on tide
mason misses an outside shot
tide misses their first outside shot
cosper misses inside on a drive and cosper picks up a foul

flippinhogmana

williams fouls on a tide shot, first ft good, (thomas in for williams) tide misses the second, hogs still with the lead 6-5
monk hits a long two, 8-5
tide airballs a three but gets the board and then miss another tree hogs ball
monk misses inside
tide misses another three, mason with the board,
misses on the other end, zimmer boards, mises and mason gets the boards and make, 10-5 hogs
then bama goes back inside and scores

flippinhogmana

tide scores a couple of baskets, one off a hog turnover, and its 10-9 hogs with 3:30 to go
tide hits a bucket to go up by one 1110
cosper misses but zimmer gets the board and is fouled on the putback attempt
media time out, fts coming when action resumes.

flippinhogmana

cosper 0-3, mason 2-4, monk 1-3 as is zimmer.  thomas hasnt put up a shot, and Williams was 1-1 when she was in (has two fouls)
zimmer hits the first to tie it back up and the second to give the hogs the lead back.  comes out and RNB in
tide gets another give and go to get the ball inside but the tide picks up a charge
hogs have to do a better job on the give and go, cosper hits a three to give the hogs a four point lead 15-11 with 1:59 to go
mason with a good feed to thomas who scores inside, 17-11 hogs

flippinhogmana

tide comes up empty and monk brings the ball down and is foulded on the shot, hits the first and the second, hogs 19-11 with a minute to go first quarter

flippinhogmana

refs help the tide, they hit the first to break a nine point hog run, and the second, 19-13
monk misses
and monk picks up a foul on the drive, tide to the line, (30 second to go), miss the first, and hit the second 19-14
hogs miss on the other end
tide miss, and thats the quarter hogs up by five after one.

flippinhogmana

monk, mason and zimmer with four, cosper with three, williams and thomas with two for the scoring
boards, mason with four, thomas and zimmer with two
assists, mason with two, RNB with one

flippinhogmana

hogs with the ball to start the 2nd, monk fouled non shooting, zimmer misses a three
and the hogs give up a bucket inside on the other end
RNB misses a driving layup but thomas with the board
at the line, misses the first, and the second as well, hogs 19-16 with 9:00 to go in the half
tide post scores over thomas inside and thomas turns it over and then picks up a foul on the other end, tide with a chance to regain the lead

flippinhogmana

zimmer pics up a foul and the tide comes up empty despite having a good shot inside
cosper with an airball,
monk steals the ball and is fouled on the runout
at the line, hits the first, and hits the second, 21-18
contests the shot and boards and hogs come away with it, score on the other end, 23-18 (cosper a driving layup)
teams trade empty possessions, 6:22 to go

flippinhogmana

tide scores from the foul line, back to a three point game
monk taking a rest, masson on point feeds williams who was fouled on the shot (no call) and puts it in to give the hogs a five point lead again, refs are generous again to the tide on the other end but non shooting this time, and eventually the tide comes up empty
williams loses it inside
25-20 hogs with five to go

flippinhogmana

zimmer blocks a shot inside, but out of bounds and will be to the tide when we come back from the media time out.

flippinhogmana

monk now with six, cosper five, three with four (mason, zimmer, williams) thomas two

flippinhogmana

mason now has three assists
zimmer picks up a non shooting foul
tide scores inside, hogs by three
monk misses a three but the tide misses on the other end (under four now)
zimmer hits a hook shot in the lane, and one to come, hits it 28-22
3:47 to go and swinson comes in
monk steals it misses and swinson come sup with the offensive board, at the line, hits the first, and the second as well, hogs up by eight

flippinhogmana

tide wild in the lane travels,
tide call time out
zimmer blocked inside
tide miss but get the putback on the other end
monk misses on the other end but Thomas with the put back
tide a little bit more help from the refs to the line, hit the first, and the second six point hogs lead with two minutes to go

flippinhogmana

cosper hits a three, hogs by nine
tide misses despite a couple of chances, RNB hits a three, hogs by twelve
a minue to go
tide misses monk gets a charge on the other end
two on monk
two on zimmer, two on williams, tide charge on their end RNB stands her ground

flippinhogmana

under thirty to go
ten on the shot clock
cosper hits a running jumper as the shot clock expires cosper now with ten
hot have an 8-0 run to end the half, up now by 14

flippinhogmana

cosper with 10, zimmer with 7, monk 6, williams, mason and thomas with four, rnb three, swinson two for the scoring

flippinhogmana

the hogs held the lead for over 18 of the first twenty minutes and lead in every category except for turnovers.

flippinhogmana

perhaps we should play in the state of Alabama more often

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

cosper 4-8, 2-3 from three
staring to look like herself again

flippinhogmana

hogs with the ball to open the half,
cosper feeds williams with score inside, hogs by sixteen
tide scores inside, back to fourteen
zimmer drives and then puts up a wild shot
tide comes up empty on the other end
cosper hits for her 12th on the other end,
44-28
cosper turns it over to the tide for an easy bsket
and the tide scores inside again for another easy basket, hogs by 12, 44-32, with 7:31 to go
and the hogs take a time out.

flippinhogmana

cosper saved the ball back in to a tide player right under their basket for one of those scores
and on the second they never stopped the ball, other wise the hogs have been playing scrappy defense

flippinhogmana

hogs dont need to let the tide get any momentum
monk hits a three, nine points, 47-32
6:50 to go
williams is granted her third foul
tide travels on the double team
monk is fouled, non shooting
mason misses
tide fouled on the drive, they will give shots, but it shoulnt have been
monk picks up the foul, her third
tide hits both, 47-34
mason misses
tide scores on a driving layup, tide down by 11, cosper misses a three
tide misses but gets the board and a stick back, now down by nine

flippinhogmana

the last time the hogs had a big lead and went into this slow down mode they nearly gave up the lead at Auburn

flippinhogmana

47-38 with 4:20 left in the quartr
zimmer misses
tide misses, gets the board but fumbles it out
cosper misses
tide scores inside, down to seven
cosper misses
cosper picks up a foul on the other end, cosper, monk and williams now with three fouls
monk hits a wide open three, hogs by ten with 2:40 to go

flippinhogmana

tide misses on the other end, cosper with the board and is fouled, non shooting
monk iwht 12, cosper with 14
mson needs to step up
cosper hits a running shot of the glass, hogs by 12

and the tide runs it over, and foul mason (non shooting)
mason hits a jumper, hogs again by 14
tide misses, cosper with the board and the runout, hogs with a 16 point lead again

flippinhogmana

tide hit a jumper on the other end 56-42, monk hits as the quarter ends, up by sixteen going into the last quarter, 58-42
cosper with 16, monk with 14

flippinhogmana

tide with the ball to start the quarter, miss a three, cosper with the board
cosper hits a three for her 19th point on the other end and the tide wants a timeout

flippinhogmana

and the hogs are also up by 19

flippinhogmana

tide came out of the time out and get the ball inside and are fouled, to the line
Thomas with the foul, they hit the first, and miss the second, refs help the side, say out on thomas
call another foul on the hogs was a travel, hit the first, and (cospers fourth) miss the second but get the offensive board and are fouled, 61-46 after allthat
zimmer with a wild drive and a charge
8:43 to go
tide scores again inside, zimmer with a running bucket, shot have been given an and one
tide scores on the inside again, zimmer answers on the other end
65-50
zimmer now with 11
tide traveled but the refs swallow their whistle

flippinhogmana

6:55 to go, tide down by 13, zimmer and cosper with four fouls, tide misses both fts
swinson and williams in now
as is RNB
monk misses inside refs help again, should have been a charge, now thre on mason
hit the first, and hit the second 11 point game
refs are in it again
steal by monk, the bucket and the one to come monk hits it and the hogs back up by 1
cosper back in by the way with four fouls
the refs are helping the tide as much as they can just like they did in fayetteville
tide hits the first, and miss but get the offensive board, cosper knocks it out of bounds
mason with the board off the tide miss

flippinhogmana

cosper drives and is fouled on the shot, to the live with five to go, hits the first, and the second, cosper with 21, hogs by fifteen
looks like the refs arent completely sold out to the tide
williams misses inside
tide score on the other end, four minutes to go, hogs with a thirteeen point lead

flippinhogmana

monk turns it over and then the tide gives it back RNB is fouled on the three, no call
tide misses inside, foul williams (thank non shooting)
cosper travels
three minutes to go
tide misses
mason turns it over and the tide score, down to eleven with two minutes to go
swinson misses a three
monk called for a foul, (her fourth) with 1:40 to go and th tide to the line, hits the first and the second, nine point game

flippinhogmana

hogs should be able to play five on eight for less than two minutes with a nine point lead.

flippinhogmana

mason misses, but williams boards, misses, but ball tipped around and williams comes up with it and scores and has the and one, misses
one minute to go and I think cosper fouls out (refs have gone as far as they can for the tide and call it straight), no free throws but hogs get the ball, cosper feeds williams for a bucket inside and its hogs by 13 with 50 to go
tide score on the other end to cut it to 11 with 40 seconds to go
hogs ball

flippinhogmana

monk gets tied up and its tide ball
tide gets a three with 33 seconds o go, eight point game, ten seconds to go
cosper and mason dribble it down to two seconds so go and the hogs win it!

flippinhogmana

cosper with 21, monk 17, zimmer 11, williams 10
boards, thoams with 6, monk, williams and mason with five
monk with four steals
Rnb and mason with three assits, monk with one

flippinhogmana

final score was 74-66 btw, first theft revenged, but i would rather have had them both, hogs at 3-7, tenth in the conference and within one game of eight.

Dr. Starcs

Solid win.

Bama coach seemed a little cold at the end of the game. Some bad blood there?  Or just mad her team got outplayed the entire game?

pigture perfect

I listened to the last half of the game. Sounds like we really played smart and steady. Good win for them.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

3kgthog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 04, 2018, 03:21:45 pm
Solid win.

Bama coach seemed a little cold at the end of the game. Some bad blood there?  Or just mad her team got outplayed the entire game?

She's freakin crazy. Did you see those eyes during the timeouts?

hawgrunner