Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gundy must be the offer....?

Started by Drbuckyhog, November 20, 2012, 09:20:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Drbuckyhog

Gundy makes the most since out of the possible big time hires.  He hasn't got the committment from his AD(Pickens) like Patterson has at TCU. 

So we offer Gundy and wait to see if they commit to him and if they do then we r left with Franklin?

Doyle Hograves

I'm praying for Gundy. Home run hire IMO. And FWIW, Franklin isn't even a single. More like a runner on first that got hit by a pitch.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

Drbuckyhog

I like the potential hire but think we may get played for a raise and extension per Sexton.

Torqued pork

Gundy is sounding pretty good to me right now.

Doyle Hograves

IowaHog1606

Quote from: Drbuckyhog on November 20, 2012, 09:20:39 pm
Gundy makes the most since out of the possible big time hires.  He hasn't got the committment from his AD(Pickens) like Patterson has at TCU. 

So we offer Gundy and wait to see if they commit to him and if they do then we r left with Franklin?

FYI, Mike Holder is the AD at Oklahoma State not Pickens. You are right though, they don't have that great of a relationship.

irishman

He seems like the best viable candidate out there.

Drbuckyhog

Yes. I know Pickens is not the AD but we all know that Pickens has the most significant influence over the football program.  I'm merely speculating off Porks info. 

I would love to have Gundy!  Franklin...I just don't see at this point.  But we could do a lot worse.  I just hope this search doesn't end up like some in recent memory of coaches only using us for raises and contract extensions. 

BigE_23

Anyone stop to think...

The Franklin Hype is a smokescreen for Gundy??

Who am I kidding? This is Hogville..."stop to think"...LMAO

nationwish

It has to be tough to work for a program that has such a single benefactor who has so much influence over the program. The guy does not work for the school, and he really can't be held accountable for anything he does. Sure, his money is going to give him influence, but there will be times when the coach disagrees with what he wants. What do you do when you believe another option gives you the best chance of success with a program, but the one well-known financial backer insists on something else?

I don't know to what extent that has happened at OSU, but I know it's possible. Besides, how many people have gotten their dream job only to realize it isn't all that they thought it would be? When we have Great Expectations, we can often be disappointed. Who knows what is going on in Gundy's mind, but there's certainly a possibility that he could simply be disappointed and want something else.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: ArkieRebel on November 20, 2012, 09:23:00 pm
I'm praying for Gundy. Home run hire IMO. And FWIW, Franklin isn't even a single. More like a runner on first that got hit by a pitch.

Why is Gundy a "home run hire"?  One trip to a BCS game?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

ballhog™

Quote from: Fatty McGee on November 21, 2012, 09:09:40 am

Because its not very often you can hire a successful head coach from another BCS conference that has won that conference, appeared in and won a BCS bowl, and has had top 10 finishes...at least that's why it would be a home run hire to me...can't speak for anyone else...
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

hoghiker

I don't think he is a homerun hire. We may just be looking at a double. A nice, big line drive with the runner advancing stealthfully right to second base. The crowd noise will be deafening.

The Great Hogsby

Quote from: ballhog™ on November 21, 2012, 09:17:08 am
Because its not very often you can hire a successful head coach from another BCS conference that has won that conference, appeared in and won a BCS bowl, and has had top 10 finishes...at least that's why it would be a home run hire to me...can't speak for anyone else...

They have only finished in the top 25 twelve times in their history, four of them are his.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

The Great Hogsby

Quote from: hoghiker on November 21, 2012, 09:17:43 am
I don't think he is a homerun hire. We may just be looking at a double. A nice, big line drive with the runner advancing stealthfully right to second base. The crowd noise will be deafening.

I'd say a stand up triple.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

jry04

If everyone is correct about the rumor that this weekend is the announcement, or even just sometime next week, then Gundy, Patterson, Butch Jones, Charlie Strong, Art Briles, Gary Patterson, and any other Big 12/Big East coach is out of the picture.

Doyle Hograves

Okay... maybe Carroll is the homerun and Gundy the stand up triple. Either way, Franklin isn't even an extra base hit.

Broadway Rob

Yeah it is rare that this type of move occurs.  I would be ecstatic!
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Simple Swineman

That speaks for me as well.

It is mind boggling how anybody would be upset over a hire like Gundy. His resume as a head coach is among the best in all of college football.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Simple Swineman on November 21, 2012, 09:53:02 am
That speaks for me as well.

It is mind boggling how anybody would be upset over a hire like Gundy. His resume as a head coach is among the best in all of college football.

I didn't say I would be upset. Just that I didn't see him at the Saban/Meyer level that I consider home runs. That being said, if he's truly unhappy, I can't see him making the lateral move to Arkansas.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

kyzerhog1442

Gundy wouldn't come here.... He is coaching where he went to school... plus we don't want him.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: kyzerhog1442 on November 21, 2012, 02:15:23 pm
Gundy wouldn't come here.... He is coaching where he went to school... plus we don't want him.

You really registered just to post THAT?

Arkansas Fan

Pistol Pig Maravich

I would take Gundy in a second over some of the yahoos I have seen mentioned. 

kyzerhog1442

Quote from: ArkieRebel on November 21, 2012, 02:17:49 pm
You really registered just to post THAT?

No I registered because I just found out about this message board. Don't hate just because you think Gundy would come here.

Big_Red_1

Look, I know nothing.  I feel very strongly that our next coach is Mike Gundy.  The announcement is at least two weeks off but his name has to be leaked after Saturday.  He and his OC are very good and his DC is average.  He has recruited highly rated receivers and some may migrate to Arkansas. The Hogs would remain the best offensive team in the SEC with Gundy as HC.  A slight improvement in the defense could push us in the top three in the West.  I am very excited about Mike Gundy.
I'm fond of pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.   Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

OFTEN WRONG BUT NEVER IN DOUBT!!!

BigSexyHog

Quote from: kyzerhog1442 on November 21, 2012, 02:15:23 pm

Nice troll....lol
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Mrcoolhog55

I will support Gundy, and I will say this, at the end of the DAY, i COULD SEE MYSELF SUPPORTING ANY OF the Coaches mentioned here on Hogville. I think I read somewhere that Franklin was not interested in the Hog job. Wonder why ?? Our job is better than Vandy I would think- no offense to Vandy though.... If it is not Gruden, then I like either Cowher, Patterson, Peterson, or Gundy. Any of these coaches I would like as our next head football coach of our Hogs....Go Hogs Go beat LSU....

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Please, please, please, please, pleeeasseeeee!

jvanhorn

Quote from: IowaHog1606 on November 20, 2012, 11:34:08 pm
FYI, Mike Holder is the AD at Oklahoma State not Pickens. You are right though, they don't have that great of a relationship.

Well he may be the AD in title--but he is Picken's lap dog--and Pickens has already let it be known if it comes down to Holder or Gundy it ain't gonna be Gundy.

Slater

If Gundy takes the job, he is going to be hated by the school he has been at since 1986:
"I will be in Stillwater until the day I leave the earth"
"Oklahoma State is the only job I want"
"It is my responsibility and honor to lead my school into the new Big 12"
"I could not look any of my guys in the eye if I took any other job"
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Its foolish to think Gundy would leave Stillwater for just about any job opening.. not sure why his name is getting thrown around so much.

Arkiebarkie

Foolish? No, not if you are dealing with a wealthy booster who must have his way!
Gundy at Arkansas is a natural fit, He is a heck of a recruiter in TEXAS and would keep right on getting top talent at Arkansas

Nosboar Accubond

Tequilin' Time

if you follow the Porkatarian clues  it will lead you to your answer,    "Long got his MAN",   must be Gundy.

just playing along.