Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

SPAL

Great push from the hogs to start the day.....

McKdaddy

Playing catch-up....
Adding to my existing bet on the Clem/VaTech over at 48.5. 1u.

SPAL

McKdaddy

widespreadsooie

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 29, 2017, 09:38:57 am
Wazzu +6

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 29, 2017, 02:23:16 pm
Saturday CFB:

TN +7.5
OM +28
Tulsa +7

NFL Sunday:

Rams +12/Lions +7.5 tease
Pats -3/Falcons -2 tease

Still may add Auburn and Wisconsin Saturday

Law of averages looking to come full circle. 1-3 in CFB, and 1-1 in NFL.

YTD:
CFB 11-7
NFL 8-3

hogsanity

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 02, 2017, 08:20:02 am
Law of averages looking to come full circle. 1-3 in CFB, and 1-1 in NFL.

YTD:
CFB 11-7
NFL 8-3

Went 6-5 on Sat. Made up for it with a ml 6 play, round robined ith 3ways, and did the same in nfl yesterday. Hit 5 of the 6 in both.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

widespreadsooie

Quote from: hogsanity on October 02, 2017, 08:22:19 am
Went 6-5 on Sat. Made up for it with a ml 6 play, round robined ith 3ways, and did the same in nfl yesterday. Hit 5 of the 6 in both.

How does round robin work again? Always see it on my site.

BigSexyHog

I am shutting down for awhile.  I can't even get close to winning games.. I am just unlucky right now and not gonna chase anymore.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hogsanity

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 02, 2017, 08:23:59 am
How does round robin work again? Always see it on my site.

Say you pick 6 teams, you can round robin at 2 team, 3 team, 4 team or 5 team parlays. With 6 teams there are 20 3 team combos. You can play as little as $1 per parlays, so $20 buys you all of the 3 teams. Usually pays $4-$6 per parlay ( less if it is a bunch of ML favorites ). Just a way to play a bunch of teams for not much $. With 6 you have to win 4 of the 6 games to come out ahead. I don't do those very often, but had 6 I thought would win but did not like the spreads. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

widespreadsooie

Quote from: hogsanity on October 02, 2017, 08:33:24 am
Say you pick 6 teams, you can round robin at 2 team, 3 team, 4 team or 5 team parlays. With 6 teams there are 20 3 team combos. You can play as little as $1 per parlays, so $20 buys you all of the 3 teams. Usually pays $4-$6 per parlay ( less if it is a bunch of ML favorites ). Just a way to play a bunch of teams for not much $. With 6 you have to win 4 of the 6 games to come out ahead. I don't do those very often, but had 6 I thought would win but did not like the spreads. 

Oh okay, I see. Man that makes my head spin a little haha.

jkstock04

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 02, 2017, 11:51:15 am
Oh okay, I see. Man that makes my head spin a little haha.
Me too...but I'm still a little confused. Basically what I got out of it is it's a 6 game parlay but you only have to hit 4 games for it to hit. That's probably wrong. I've never understood how a round robin works.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

widespreadsooie

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 02, 2017, 11:54:28 am
Me too...but I'm still a little confused. Basically what I got out of it is it's a 6 game parlay but you only have to hit 4 games for it to hit. That's probably wrong. I've never understood how a round robin works.

If I understand it correctly you can have multiple 2-6 team parlays composed of 6 teams. So parlay one could be with teams A, B, and C while parlay two is composed of D, E, and F.

hogsanity

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 02, 2017, 11:56:54 am
If I understand it correctly you can have multiple 2-6 team parlays composed of 6 teams. So parlay one could be with teams A, B, and C while parlay two is composed of D, E, and F.

correct. I'm sure it is not a sound strategy, but it's fun for not much cost. Actually checked my site and you can play them for 0.50 each. And if you ever do hit them all it's a nice pay off. Had one in baseball 2 weeks ago, threw $21 at it and won over $200.

SPAL

hogsanity

Well sum bit had KC ML and the under at 48.5. Stupid last play lateral garbage td.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 02, 2017, 07:06:59 pm
23-14-3

Chiefs -7

Can I get some lotto numbers from your u tonight before your luck runs out???

jkstock04

If you had been on Washington or the under last night...the results would've been wrist slitting worthy lol. What a finish.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogsanity

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 03, 2017, 07:10:43 am
If you had been on Washington or the under last night...the results would've been wrist slitting worthy lol. What a finish.

When KC made the Fg with time left on the clock I just knew something weird would happen.

BigSexyHog

I have been getting killed so I did something I never do and that is to play a teaser, actually 2 of them.   I was leaning on KC -7 but I would have been pissed off and never saw the finish.

7pt teaser
KC - pick
over 40.5

Wash + 14
Over 40.5

ChicoHog

Taking a flyer on the Twins  and Rockies on the money line. Good odds.

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 02, 2017, 11:03:03 pm
Can I get some lotto numbers from your u tonight before your luck runs out???

Haha. How bout that backdoor, baby? I went to bed last night after they kicked the FG thinking it was near impossible to win or even push. I didn't even know I won till I looked at my account. I've had em go against me so often, it's time I got my " one time. "

SPAL

This is my time of year..... Playoff baseball.

Not only do I absolutely love it, the passion, pagentry, heroics, cerebral aspect......I usually crush the books. These plays are a completely separate bank roll from my football plays. I dabble in football.....I live for playoff baseball. This is my Christmas.....in saying that, I have two plays tonight.

Yanks -1.5 on the runline
Yanks under 7.5 total

Why? Well, pitching. Luis Severino is a front line Ace capable of throwing shut down innings. .200 opponent's batting average, 1.00 WHIP and 3.00 ERA is scary good in the AL. Plus, he doesn't have to worry about going deep. His bullpen behind him is solid. Santana, on the other hand, throws a ton of pitches to get outs and lacks the bullpen backing causing him to need to go deep. While Santana is capable of twirling a gem, I don't think tonight is it.

Without Miguel Sano in the lineup, the twins will lack a power punch. They will need to rely on timely hitting and that's a tall order against a fire arm like Severino.

SPAL prediction:

Yanks 5
Twins 2

SPAL

onebadrubi

SPAL

Only thing I didn't account for was Severino getting rocked and only throwing a third. The Yanks bullpen was incredible. I know I shouldn't have played the total. I'm down juice with lots of baseball to go.

BigSexyHog

Good night last night with another parlay
Yanks ML and O7.5

Like the DBacks tonight & Arky St.... Might mix in a little hockey with San Jose and Pitt

itshogsbaby

See if I can get some good advice.  Survival Pool pick for Week 5.  Just need someone to win straight up.
Pittsburgh, Oakland, New England and Seattle are unavailable to pick.  Any thoughts on this week?

Tai_Mai_Shu

Quote from: itshogsbaby on October 05, 2017, 12:10:01 pm
See if I can get some good advice.  Survival Pool pick for Week 5.  Just need someone to win straight up.
Pittsburgh, Oakland, New England and Seattle are unavailable to pick.  Any thoughts on this week?

I would look at the game between the Chargers and Giants. Those two teams are winless and this is probably their best chance of winning a game all year.

hogsanity

Started good last night with ar st

Got Loui -3.5 tonight

rest of weekend

ulm-6
la tech -12
Or St +34
fla -3.5
wisc -12
syr -4.5
ga st -2

widespreadsooie

widespreadsooie

Quote from: itshogsbaby on October 05, 2017, 12:10:01 pm

I took Detroit in mine

BigSexyHog

Big day/night of sports... Got a little bit of everything

NCAA
NFL
Playoff Baseball
NHL

McKdaddy

Stan  -5
Cincy  +18
PU  -4
AZ  +6.5
UAB  +12
SMU  +7
NCSt  +3.5
Bama/A&M  u54.5
BSU  -7.5

Tai_Mai_Shu

FWIW, heard on the radio this morning Louisville is 0-6 on road when both teams are ranked.

SPAL

HogPharmer

Quote from: Tai_Mai_Shu on October 05, 2017, 01:49:06 pm
FWIW, heard on the radio this morning Louisville is 0-6 on road when both teams are ranked.

Well I threw some money down on Louisville... So it's pretty much a lock that they will lose...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

widespreadsooie

Kind of regretting my LOU play lol

The reason I bet them though is because NC St has given up an avg of 20 points in home games to Furman, Marshall, and Cuse

BigSexyHog

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 05, 2017, 03:54:52 pm
Kind of regretting my LOU play lol

The reason I bet them though is because NC St has given up an avg of 20 points in home games to Furman, Marshall, and Cuse

Everyone is picking NC State and I mean everyone.... I am going Louisville and not thinking twice about it.   Guess part of it is that I just don't respect NC State any... Not even one bit especially after the Cocks game earlier this year.  Live and Die with Lamar Jackson

BigSexyHog

widespreadsooie

Quote from: BigSexyHog on October 05, 2017, 04:07:11 pm
Everyone is picking NC State and I mean everyone.... I am going Louisville and not thinking twice about it.   Guess part of it is that I just don't respect NC State any... Not even one bit especially after the Cocks game earlier this year.  Live and Die with Lamar Jackson

Gotta love Lamar, hard dude to bet against.

HogPharmer

That was my thinking... NC State has been getting major love because they beat a Florida State team that is injury-plagued and just downright bad (by their standards as of the last several years anyways). Louisville is still a good team. Hope they pull this one off.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

McKdaddy

Everyone is picking NC State and I mean everyone....

BSH, I'm not sure the accuracy of this site, but 60%+ of the public bets are on UL.  Again, I don't know if accurate or not.
https://www.thespread.com/ncaa-college-football-public-betting-chart

widespreadsooie

Quote from: McKdaddy on October 05, 2017, 04:36:23 pm
BSH, I'm not sure the accuracy of this site, but 60%+ of the public bets are on UL.  Again, I don't know if accurate or not.

That's about what I've seen too

SPAL

BigSexyHog

Quote from: McKdaddy on October 05, 2017, 04:36:23 pm

One thing I didn't factor in and I it should have been the FIRST THING I should have factored in is that CBP can't win a freaking big game on the road.  Major choke artist. 

SPAL

Quote from: BigSexyHog on October 05, 2017, 08:22:53 pm
One thing I didn't factor in and I it should have been the FIRST THING I should have factored in is that CBP can't win a freaking big game on the road.  Major choke artist. 

This is the only thread you can say this....😉

BigSexyHog

Good call on NC St.  CBP blows another big road game

BigSexyHog

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 05, 2017, 08:47:14 pm
This is the only thread you can say this....😉

I'd like to know his ATS record since leaving the falcons when playing a ranked team.  Just going on a guess, I bet he only covers 35-40% of the time IF that