6 Arvin Fletcher/S Miss
7 Trey Smith/Tennessee
8 Michael Onwenu/Michigan
9 Joey Elliott/TCU
10 Dustin Woodard/Memphis
Fake News

hawg1221

jcbville

It appears so. I've been seeing his name mentioned a few places.

Russ22

We'll see. I think he still struggles with being an OL that can't move or readjust pre-snap
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Russ22 on January 31, 2018, 07:02:30 am
We'll see. I think he still struggles with being an OL that can't move or readjust pre-snap

Are you an OL expert? Did you play the position in college or even high school. How do you know he can't do that.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Russ22

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 07:18:23 am
Are you an OL expert? Did you play the position in college or even high school. How do you know he can't do that.
The last 2 years he has struggled with this. If you have listened to him talk about the transition from DL to OL, he has said that this part was the toughest part of the transition. Having had close to 3 years working on it, he will probably be comfortable enough to show the athleticism he has as an OG. He definitely has tools to be really good but I wouldn't rate him as top inside OL returning for 2018.

IronMountainHog

IronHog

Teams are going to continue to run blitzes and stunts right at him till he proves he can deal with such things.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on January 31, 2018, 07:33:26 am

Teams are going to continue to run blitzes and stunts right at him till he proves he can deal with such things.

And getting rid of the ball in 1.3 won't matter.

jkstock04

Is there a link to the OP or is this just opinion?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2018, 07:42:09 am
And getting rid of the ball in 1.3 won't matter.

That don't work every down

ricepig

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2018, 08:28:59 am
They won't blitz every down.

Teams  blitz or stunt nearly every passing down right at the left guard

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on January 31, 2018, 08:30:37 am

Teams  blitz or stunt nearly every passing down right at the left guard

Cool, that will be easy to defend.

porque

Quote from: Russ22 on January 31, 2018, 07:24:17 am
The last 2 years he has struggled with this. If you have listened to him talk about the transition from DL to OL, he has said that this part was the toughest part of the transition. Having had close to 3 years working on it, he will probably be comfortable enough to show the athleticism he has as an OG. He definitely has tools to be really good but I wouldn't rate him as top inside OL returning for 2018.

That's funny because every list ive seen has him at the top of OGs.

Razorbackers

Thank you, Grace.

I think you're wrong.

RME

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 31, 2018, 09:22:58 am
She passed away 30 years ago.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America...

Athog

[/quote

LoL
Based on what??

Pig in the Pokey

LOL!! THATS a classic right there. Classic Hogville!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

HogMantheIntruder

To the OP's point, I think he was going to make it to the NFL no matter which side of the ball he played on. Of course that's just an educated guess vs the fact that he's been getting a lot of national recognition as OG since before last season. Either way, good for him.
Anyone else kinda hoping he gets picked up by Minnesota? Would make for a cool draft day story.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Russ22

Not in Top 10 according to NFL Draft Scout:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=OG&draftyear=2019&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

Not in Top 16 according to Walter Football
http://walterfootball.com/draft2019OG.php

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 31, 2018, 09:47:28 am
To the OP's point, I think he was going to make it to the NFL no matter which side of the ball he played on. Of course that's just an educated guess vs the fact that he's been getting a lot of national recognition as OG since before last season. Either way, good for him.
Anyone else kinda hoping he gets picked up by Minnesota? Would make for a cool draft day story.

I agree with this. His size, core strength, and athleticism would have made him valuable as a DL. He will have a successful career as an interior OL though.

----

BTW, Ragnow is #6 inside OL (3rd - 5th round) in the 2018 draft:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OG.php

Razorbackers

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 31, 2018, 09:22:58 am
She passed away 30 years ago.

The lady that played Grace in Ferris Bueller?

RME

Quote from: Razorbackers on January 31, 2018, 10:45:22 am
The lady that played Grace in Ferris Bueller?

Haha, I was quoting Aunt Bethany from Christmas Vacation. "Grace? She passed away 30 years ago!"

You replied to Russ22, so ya know...Russ, Aunt Bethany, Grace...just a whole Griswold thing going on here. I missed the Ferris Bueller thing.

colbs

If he was giving up so many sacks and missing assignments he wouldn't have graded out as one of the top OL in the SEC...

I Am Smart

Oh he can, and he will
"Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

twistitup

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 31, 2018, 09:47:28 am
To the OP's point, I think he was going to make it to the NFL no matter which side of the ball he played on.

Really?

Based on what - him being big and from Denmark?

Hopeful Hog

Hopeful Hog

k.c.hawg

Ridiculous statement. In a bad year for the position there are maybe 12 OG's drafted, with half of those going 5th round or later. Maybe the top 6 get a signing bonus that would dictate that a team is locked into them for more than one year of roster or practice squad. In a good year for the position maybe 20 get drafted and 8 get a signing bonus that makes them uncuttable the first year. If he's NFL good he could play 12 years, if not he could get drafted and cut while 5 undrafted interior guys make rosters. If a guard is not freakishly good he's looking at 5th round or later.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

ricepig

Razorbackers

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 31, 2018, 10:52:56 am
Haha, I was quoting Aunt Bethany from Christmas Vacation. "Grace? She passed away 30 years ago!"

You replied to Russ22, so ya know...Russ, Aunt Bethany, Grace...just a whole Griswold thing going on here. I missed the Ferris Bueller thing.

Crap, my bad.

I just made a mess of everything.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

RME

Yelda from Yellville yodels like Yoda.

Inhogswetrust

PorkSoda

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 31, 2018, 01:31:29 pm
Yelda from Yellville yodels like Yoda.

"It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a....turkey?"
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

USChog

After seeing a couple of hits he laid in the Ole Miss game, I think he would have made millions whatever side of the ball he played on.

buldozer

After seeing multiple guys run right by him to sack Austin Allen last year, I would be surprised if he goes in the first 4 rounds.... although a decent coach might do lots for him

PorkSoda

it did seem that he improved some last year, at least by account of seeing less of him on the opposing defensive highlights.

but the times you do seem him, he's not getting beat, he is just blocking the wrong guy or no one at all and doesn't seem to see the blitzer at all.

If he can get the mental part of the game down, then he can be one of the top lineman, but if not he will prolly end up as a practice squad player for a few years until he does.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 31, 2018, 02:27:37 pm
"It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a....turkey?"

"As God as my witness I thought turkey's could fly". Arthur Carlson.

twistitup

Yelda is a Welda

Helda job at Cram a Lot

He's a good worker I Telya

SooieGeneris

If this guy was as bad as the Hogville "experts" claim, he couldn't make a team in the CFL, XFL or BSFL (Bus Station Football League) or even the Lingerie League. Never ceases to amaze..

Some posters on here would probably say of Joe Gibbs, who started as an O line coach at USC, here and OL coach then OC in San Diego before getting the HC job in DC: "Gibbs was an okay line coach, but his teams couldn't pick up stunts and didn't know a line twist from a cinnamon twist, I don't know how Joe Bugel carried him all those years"..

I'll bet the REAL coaches and players laugh themselves into convulsions reading some of this sheiss..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Jimbob111

Uh, I can get a hell of a look at a t-bone by sticking my head...

Nevermind. If Froholdt is ever drafted as an o-lineman, I'll apologize but I think he's playing out of position and yes, I did play guard. Sure, it was 9th grade but still...

He will be another Jason Peters, drafted possibly as a guard but he'll never play one in the pros. He'll play his natural position on defense.

Bielema let his ego get in the way and moved Froholdt to the opposite side of the ball from his natural position because he wanted to prove a point. Now he's fired, collecting 11 mill, and Froholdt is still not a guard...
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

IronHog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 31, 2018, 07:12:14 pm
If this guy was as bad as the Hogville "experts" claim, he couldn't make a team in the CFL, XFL or BSFL (Bus Station Football League) or even the Lingerie League. Never ceases to amaze..

Some posters on here would probably say of Joe Gibbs, who started as an O line coach at USC, here and OL coach then OC in San Diego before getting the HC job in DC: "Gibbs was an okay line coach, but his teams couldn't pick up stunts and didn't know a line twist from a cinnamon twist, I don't know how Joe Bugel carried him all those years"..

I'll bet the REAL coaches and players laugh themselves into convulsions reading some of this sheiss..

And the NFL drafted Gabbert after I posted he had too stiff a shoulder to play NFL QB

No "real" people read this stuff.....it's entertainment for bored average joes.