Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AD Conspiracy Theory

Started by kingshogs22, November 23, 2017, 09:54:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kingshogs22

Many news outlets are reporting that Arkansas will look outside of College athletics to fill the position. I have had Season tickets for 15 years Jerry Jones has been more involved in Arkansas by attendance of games and money donations over the last 5 years than the previous 10. Jerry loves money, family, Dallas Cowboys and Arkansas football quite possibly in that order. I expect Stephen Jones to throw his hat in the ring as a possible AD. He was a 4 year letterman for the Razorbacks and born in Danville just the pedigree Fans need to feel he is one of them. If Jerry has proven one thing he has a desire to leave a legacy both in Dallas and Fayetteville. What better way to cement his name sake than for his son to serve as Athletic Director and return Razorback Football to a winning program. If not Stephen possible Jerry Jones Jr. who graduated from SMU and has a relationship with Chad Morris who he could look at for coach. As I said this is a conspiracy Theory but if you do a little research it does seem possible. I for one think there could be a lot of benefit to our program with the Jones family more involved and it would definitely help recruiting in Texas.

Potosihog

Quote from: kingshogs22 on November 23, 2017, 09:54:57 am
Many news outlets are reporting that Arkansas will look outside of College athletics to fill the position. I have had Season tickets for 15 years Jerry Jones has been more involved in Arkansas by attendance of games and money donations over the last 5 years than the previous 10. Jerry loves money, family, Dallas Cowboys and Arkansas football quite possibly in that order. I expect Stephen Jones to throw his hat in the ring as a possible AD. He was a 4 year letterman for the Razorbacks and born in Danville just the pedigree Fans need to feel he is one of them. If Jerry has proven one thing he has a desire to leave a legacy both in Dallas and Fayetteville. What better way to cement his name sake than for his son to serve as Athletic Director and return Razorback Football to a winning program. If not Stephen possible Jerry Jones Jr. who graduated from SMU and has a relationship with Chad Morris who he could look at for coach. As I said this is a conspiracy Theory but if you do a little research it does seem possible. I for one think there could be a lot of benefit to our program with the Jones family more involved and it would definitely help recruiting in Texas.

Wow

k.c.hawg

I'm sure someone that loves money and power is perfectly willing to walk away from a multi billion dollar business/franchise to be an AD at a mid level SEC athletic program. Oliver Stone couldn't dream up this conspiracy theory!!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

kingshogs22

Do you really think the Jones family loses sleep at night about money. The Dallas Cowboys will be waiting for Stephen or Jerry Jr after they spend a few years as the AD. Not to mention their jet can get them to and from Dallas before you can drive from the stadium to Rogers. Jerry hates losing and this would give him what he wants control. Like I said it is a conspiracy theory.

Pig in the Pokey

Jerry is old af, he wont be around all that many more years. Why would the soon to be Dallas Cowboys OWNER come be our AD?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

ipigsooie

Stephen has been groomed to take over the cowboys. Recently his voice has over ridden his dad's in personnel decisions. Stephen would make a really good AD but I just don't see it.

On the other hand he and jerry may be even more present as i have a feeling that John Stephen will be on campus very soon.

Ugly Uncle

I don't think this will happen but I also don't think it is that far-fetched.
Retired Radio Host

Oklahawg

Why not someone from the Cowboys organization?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

kingshogs22

That is part of my Theory I just mentioned Stephen or Jerry Junior as possibilities. Jerry has certainly taken more interest in Arkansas Football over the last few years and loves the sight of his name on a building. The fact that his grandson will be here soon is all the more reason this could happen.

widespreadsooie

ur

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 23, 2017, 11:59:31 am
I don't think this will happen but I also don't think it is that far-fetched.

Why is it "conspiracy"?

There's something to be said for insiders holding a spot for a few years with intent to groom someone in the process

Insiders being, folks who aren't concerned with money/buyouts for themselves

Rudy Baylor