Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barry Odom to ride the bull

Started by jbcarol, February 25, 2024, 09:25:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy
@Brett_McMurphy
Buckle up Barry!! UNLV coach Barry Odom will celebrate the first day of his program's spring practice by riding a live bull. The unique event dubbed "Horns & Helmets" will take place Saturday, March 2 at the South Point Hotel
5:48 PM · Feb 24, 2024
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

RootHawgrDie

Wisco Pig

That's very foolish of Odom.

SMB Hogfan

Quote from: Wisco Pig on March 06, 2024, 09:03:21 amThat's very foolish of Odom.

Very ill advised, on his part. Those animals are no joke.
Fender Stratocaster
Icom 2200H w/ D-Star
M2 Mac Mini 🍎

#1 STUNNA

A little more interesting than turning the juke box on

hoglady

That bull got the better of him really fast.
Odom is no spring chicken / gutsy to even try.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Tuskeroni Soprano

I donate $0.00/year to Arkansas NIL.

Quote from: RME on October 09, 2022, 12:34:20 amHahhaha. Exposed. [CENSORED] loser you are, man. Changing up a couple words in the articles you find ain't gonna hide it. There's always a bigger fish. And in this case, that [CENSORED] bigger fish is me. Get used to it.
Ok.

East Clintwood

So, not a good recruiter or a bull rider.

He tried at least.  Not something I would do, even when I was young and dumb.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

liljo

Quote from: East Clintwood on March 06, 2024, 11:49:31 amSo, not a good recruiter or a bull rider.

He tried at least.  Not something I would do, even when I was young and dumb.
I did. But then, I did a lot of crazy stuff...

I had a friend, one of the toughest human beings I have ever known, that shared his story of why he "retired" from bull riding. And yes, he was a nationally ranked rodeo cowboy. He told me he was in a county rodeo in Ash Flat when he drew a bull that was so mean, nobody had successfully ridden this thing, it was "rank."

He said that thing threw him off, and that he flew so high in the air he could see the metal stamps on top of the telephone poles that said, "Property of Sharp County". Said those metal stamps got bigger and bigger as he fell back to earth. Said he decided not to ride any more bulls on his way down, and even wrote his retirement speech before landing.

'Course, he exaggerated a lil bit...
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

PonderinHog

Quote from: liljo on March 06, 2024, 12:13:27 pmI did. But then, I did a lot of crazy stuff...

I had a friend, one of the toughest human beings I have ever known, that shared his story of why he "retired" from bull riding. And yes, he was a nationally ranked rodeo cowboy. He told me he was in a county rodeo in Ash Flat when he drew a bull that was so mean, nobody had successfully ridden this thing, it was "rank."

He said that thing threw him off, and that he flew so high in the air he could see the metal stamps on top of the telephone poles that said, "Property of Sharp County". Said those metal stamps got bigger and bigger as he fell back to earth. Said he decided not to ride any more bulls on his way down, and even wrote his retirement speech before landing.

'Course, he exaggerated a lil bit...

Bull!   >:(

liljo

Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

porkbellys

got his bell rung pretty good looked like.
No offence to Richard but don't be a Dick.

Razors85

hoglady

Quote from: porkbellys on March 06, 2024, 04:19:23 pmgot his bell rung pretty good looked like.

Sure looked like it - seemed a little dazed and unsteady on his feet.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

tophawg19

I tried it when younger. A few lessons I learned. 1 Being muscular in the chest and shoulders aren't a good thing . High CG helps the bull. 2 being strong doesn't help. 200 lbs vs 1200 . Bull wins every time. 3 for a guy my size, straight bucking bulls were ok. Spinners come from hell. 4 Linebacker built guys don't make good bull riders. 5 That ground even though broken up is still hard. 6 The body isn't made to go in 5 different directions at one time. 7 drinking first doesn't make the bull nicer or the ground softer. If the urge were to ever hit again, I'm going to a bar. Those bulls throw you on a foam mat, and don't come back to finish the job
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jm

Rough stock is lots of fun, but it's a young mans game for sure.

Hawganomics

In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.  Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant...Elwood P. Dowd

PonderinHog

1highhog

In my very young days I used to ride in the rodeo, saddle bronc riding mostly, and I was also a pickup man.  I tried a bull or two, but even in those stupid years when most young fella's think they're impervious to injury, I was still just smart enough to know that riding a 2,000 lb plus bull that was pissed off was a very bad idea.