Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrino in Da Club

Started by El Puerco, July 18, 2011, 10:28:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirForceHog

Excellent post and a huge thank you from the out of staters. Information like this is like gold....very precious!
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Bigdavis

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 19, 2011, 09:51:31 am
HDN = National Championship Under Construction ( Never came close to putting it together)

BP = National Championship Constructed ( All the pieces are in place now)

Not only that but Houston said it one time... the day he was hired and never talked about it again. Instead he made excuse after excuse about how it's "Hard it's so hard"

BP says it every day because he truly believes it.

beantownhog

+1  Great synopsis! :razorback:
If your tax refund equals your taxes paid in, you don't pay taxes.

little pigee

Thank you for your efforts!!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

XX

Quote from: farmhawg on July 19, 2011, 09:55:31 am

Sideline demeanor says it all....

That speaks volumes...........+1
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: El Puerco on July 19, 2011, 09:28:40 am
Agree. They think highly of Brandon but it's coach talk.

1) You have to push your starter.
2) If you have a talented backup, you better throw them a bone or they transfer out.

I don't know about this.

I seriously doubt if the coaching staff was as high on Tyler as everyone is on Hogville they'd be talking like this in public.  They pretty much always say "Tyler can really throw it", but then always add the other part where they admit he's struggling in those areas.

I don't think they are saying those things to 'keep him in check', so to speak.

I think it's possible the coaches see the immense talent Mitchell display's in practice, and would love to find a way to get him ready to play right now.

They just understand the odds are that's not going to happen, and that Tyler is more ready at this point.

But I believe they'd love to see Brandon take that next step to be ready for the start of the season.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Porkette

Thanks for posting in so much detail! It is reports like this every year that start getting me excited and ready for the HOG footbll season. It's almost time for SEC Media Days too.
GO HOGS GO!

El Puerco

Brandon is a huge talent. He may get in for a series each game.

Just my guess, but I think he'll have to wait his turn.

Hogdude72

It's been proven time and time again that both Hooter and D. Lee has taught McGee everything he knows about QB development. Thank goodness!

FSHog67

Simply a great read.  In answering the previous comment by razorsharptusk , Wilson will be under center.  Back on track --- I can't thank you enough for sharing the info.

Cresthog

If we win a title this year I'm getting that motto tattoed on my body

flagstaffhog

By golly, this post has got my blood pumping. Thank you Puerco. +1 to you Sir.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

smallmouth

The single best thing that ever happened to Razorback football was the day that Frank Broyles came to Arkansas.   The day Coach Petrino came about may eclipse that someday.    Man did we ever have the college football gods shining on us that day.   

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: smallmouth on July 19, 2011, 12:52:55 pm
The single best thing that ever happened to Razorback football was the day that Frank Broyles came to Arkansas.   The day Coach Petrino came about may eclipse that someday.    Man did we ever have the college football gods shining on us that day.   

We were due.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

OLDHOG

Quote from: smallmouth on July 19, 2011, 12:52:55 pm
Amen to that bro.

Hawg Balling

Theolesnort

The oline?  Petrino and McGee just said it again. They are young but we are playing with a different kind of athlete than what we have been accustomed to. No longer are we taking big ole bubbas slimming them up then packing muscle on them then after 3 or 4 years they learn how to be offensive linemen. The new guys are really good athletes with big wingspans that can move and they are pretty good with their techniques already. We just make them stronger and teach them the offensive and refine their techniques. All the while they become bigger. We are miles ahead for it.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

hoginla

September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Theolesnort on July 20, 2011, 06:51:17 am
The oline?  Petrino and McGee just said it again. They are young but we are playing with a different kind of athlete than what we have been accustomed to. No longer are we taking big ole bubbas slimming them up then packing muscle on them then after 3 or 4 years they learn how to be offensive linemen. The new guys are really good athletes with big wingspans that can move and they are pretty good with their techniques already. We just make them stronger and teach them the offensive and refine their techniques. All the while they become bigger. We are miles ahead for it.
Now, we just need to teach all of them how to hold and not get caught. ;)

hoginla

Wow.  Great read...thanks for taking the time out to post this.
September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

old hog

I am SO ready for some Hawg football.....

jabohog

I've read everything I can get my hands on and this is the most detailed and interesting report I have read. Great job! I love the slogan and the fact Coach Petrino verbalizes he is glad to be our coach. I'm sure he knows we are ESTATIC he and his staff are here. I was already fired up about the season, but this seemed to overdrive it.
I hope some of the pro sportswriters can read this and take a lesson.
Thank you El Puerco!

PonderinHog

Quote from: jabohog on July 20, 2011, 09:05:58 am
I've read everything I can get my hands on and this is the most detailed and interesting report I have read. Great job! I love the slogan and the fact Coach Petrino verbalizes he is glad to be our coach. I'm sure he knows we are ESTATIC he and his staff are here. I was already fired up about the season, but this seemed to overdrive it.
I hope some of the pro sportswriters can read this and take a lesson.
Thank you El Puerco!
It definitely hit the spot! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

verticalhog

Thank you for the hard work on providing this insightful report!

Earth Hog Fan

Awesome read, thanks for taking the time to take notes and share!

We all see Coach Petrino as a very tough no nonsense, his way or the highway type coach.

And he has shown tremendous emotion and passion for this football team by example in his work ethic.
But in this report he shares something not always seen.  But only words can shares his heart felted emotion and passion for our Razorbacks when he said;

"I can't tell you how proud I am to be your football coach"

It is one thing to feel that way, but another to have said it.

Without question we have one of the premiere Football Coaches in America.

The Football Gods have smiled on our Razorbacks and our state.

And while we may or may not reach our goals of a National Championship this year, we all know as long as Coach Petrino is our Coach, there will always be a chance we can win and win big.

It's going to be fun to watch our Razorbacks win this year!

:razorback:     :razorback:     :razorback:
I had never heard of Musselman. But he's a teacher, demands discipline and builds from the defensive end first. I want our football coach to be just like him."

bphi11ips

Much better summary than in the Dem-Gaz.  Thanks.

McGee's comment re: Gragg is promising.  Gragg and Childs with Adams and/or Wright create impossible matchups.  All Wilson needs is a bit of time.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Polecat

Quote from: usnavyhogfan on July 19, 2011, 08:31:46 am
when coach BP talks about a national championship, i believe it unlike another coach we know
Couldn't agree more
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

PonderinHog

Quote from: usnavyhogfan on July 19, 2011, 08:31:46 am
when coach BP talks about a national championship, i believe it unlike another coach we know
It's hard, Chuck... hard not to believe CBP when he talks about a national championship. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: