Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happened to the "lets extend the contract and Give Pel a big raise talk?

Started by Mr. Porkleone, February 09, 2009, 05:21:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

Everyone was clamoring for a big raise and sign Pel to a longterm deal. Looks like the Love is gone.

HawgAdvocate

It's still here. The majority of people I've seen on here say they're glad to give Pel more time, espcially when you look at the instate recruits we have for 2010.

There's just a few who take pride in repeatedly trying to be the first to proclaim that the sky is falling.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

hogsareus

Losing at home to Auburn by 22.  Getting drilled by Ole Miss's 2nd team.

MakeMeOink

I was wandering the same thing?  Where are all the posters calling for a raise and contract extension after the OU and Texas games?  The posters who thought we must lock up Pel right then so Kentucky didn't come and get him?

Those posts seem as ridiculous now as the fire Pel posts of the last few days.  Pel may, or may not be the right man for the job, we just don't know yet.  The one thing about Pel that worries me is when he talks a lot of times he reminds me of Nuttless with his overachieve, play hard, I still believe, lines that he repeats over and over and over.  Pel probably has the rest of this year and next, but if ticket sales decline then I don't believe Long will hesitate to pull the trigger and move on.

Arazorbackguy1

1-7 next year gets him fired mid-season I believe.   This year is a wash, but next year expectations will be MUCH higher, and should be.  Let's just hope all of our players stay out of trouble over the summer and stay on this basketball team.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

ThrillaHog

The Hawg Marshal

The guys screaming for the big extenision and pay raise and the ones screaming for his head remind me of the folks that pay $120.00 plus for an $8.00 pair of gym shoes cause some famous name is on the side or blow a grand or more for the absolute fastest computer, the ablosute latest softwear, or spend $300.00 on the prettiest i-pod.  Things they just can't do without.  All these thoughts, ideas, and purchases are implusive acts of immature people. 

3kgthog

Quote from: 12247 on February 09, 2009, 07:11:56 pm
The guys screaming for the big extenision and pay raise and the ones screaming for his head remind me of the folks that pay $120.00 plus for an $8.00 pair of gym shoes cause some famous name is on the side or blow a grand or more for the absolute fastest computer, the ablosute latest softwear, or spend $300.00 on the prettiest i-pod.  Things they just can't do without.  All these thoughts, ideas, and purchases are implusive acts of immature people. 

And I'm sure you, Mr. Perfect, have never done such a thing.

HoopS

I'm still with him.   Frustrated?   Yes.   Giving up?  No way.

We are relying on a bunch of true freshmen and 2 juniors who have never been more than role players. 

I like that we have Powell and Farmer coming in - so long as they are eligible. 

Losing Payne and McDonald didn't help at all.  Now losing Monk seems to have been another blow.  We have 3 Frosh PF and none of them are ready - should they be?   As Frosh?   Really?  Perhaps if they were polished coming in like Corliss, but they weren't. 

Clark can shoot but is struggling to find his way. 

Fortson has a ton of ability but has to make better decisions and we need players who are ready to catch it from anywhere at anytime.

I'm still with this team.  And Coach.