Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's an amazing stat

Started by mizzouman, February 09, 2009, 08:21:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

This past Saturday, there was a team that made 35 baskets with 28 assists along with only 9 turnovers.  That's a pretty good stat line.

Oliver

I'm more impressed with how you held your opponent to 25% shooting from behind the arc.

mizzouman

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 09, 2009, 08:24:16 am
I'm more impressed with how you held your opponent to 25% shooting from behind the arc.

Well, when you start 3 guards who are 6'3, 6'4 and 6'6, that helps.  The Hogs have no height in the perimeter and that's a killer.

clifflee4mvp

can we have mike anderson back now?
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

The Hogfather

Yeah, I really want to hear about how good Missouri is doing, while our team is struggling to keep teams from hitting 45 threes a game.  Your timing is impeccable.  But, your defense is not impregnable.

mizzouman

February 09, 2009, 08:31:58 am #5 Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 08:35:34 am by mizzouman
Quote from: The Hogfather on February 09, 2009, 08:29:34 am
Yeah, I really want to hear about how good Missouri is doing, while our team is struggling to keep teams from hitting 45 threes a game.  Your timing is impeccable.  But, your defense is not impregnable.

Don't worry, we'll be brought back down to earth tonight.  By the way, Pel will do just fine.  Just have a little patience.

Oliver

Quote from: mizzouman on February 09, 2009, 08:27:43 am
Well, when you start 3 guards who are 6'3, 6'4 and 6'6, that helps.  The Hogs have no height in the perimeter and that's a killer.

Neither does South Carolina.

The Hogfather

Quote from: mizzouman on February 09, 2009, 08:31:58 am
Don't worry, we'll be brought back down to earth tonight.  By the way, Pel will do just fine.  He just have a little patience.

I'm trying to preach that.  But, some are being irrational and talking of firing him before his 2nd year is done.  Unbelievable.

clifflee4mvp

I don't want him fired but I would've taken Mike Anderson over him originally. I love Mike!
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

mizzouman

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 09, 2009, 08:34:05 am
I'm trying to preach that.  But, some are being irrational and talking of firing him before his 2nd year is done.  Unbelievable.

I actually like Pel, but he's got to stop talking about overachieving.  If a team overachieves, that just means that the coach wasn't getting everything out of them in the first place.

Pel just needs to get some players in there.  I'm afraid, in my opinion, Clarke is a liability.  Yeah, he'll knock down some three's every now and then, but he needs to improve on defense.

want2be

Quote from: mizzouman on February 09, 2009, 08:38:36 am
I actually like Pel, but he's got to stop talking about overachieving.  If a team overachieves, that just means that the coach wasn't getting everything out of them in the first place.

It appears he is acknowledging the team doesn't have the talent and depth to beat anyone unless everything the play over their heads....Due to that same lack of depth they can't play a full 40 minutes at that pace.....Fortson and Washington had no legs left with 10 minutes left in the game at Ms St

The Hogfather

If a team overachieves, that just means that the coach wasn't getting everything out of them in the first place.

That's not true at all.  It means that they play above their abilities.  They work harder than the other team.  They want it more than the other team.  He's saying we're playing teams with better players (overall) than our team right now (we only have basically 8 or 9 players), so we have to play above our heads to beat some of them.

william.lane123

Anderson would never come back to Arkansas, no way no how

want2be

Pel just needs to get some players in there.  I'm afraid, in my opinion, Clarke is a liability.  Yeah, he'll knock down some three's every now and then, but he needs to improve on defense.

As freshman Clarke and Sanchez should be role players in the SEC.....but Pel has not had alot of choices. Clark and Moore need to step up their play and a full speed Henry would be nice also.

mizzouman

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 09, 2009, 09:00:35 am
That's not true at all.  It means that they play above their abilities.  They work harder than the other team.  They want it more than the other team.  He's saying we're playing teams with better players (overall) than our team right now (we only have basically 8 or 9 players), so we have to play above our heads to beat some of them.

This is just my opinion, but no one can play above their ability.  Your ability is just that, what you can do on the court.  Everyone has athletic and mental abilities that they cannot possibly overcome.  Perhaps Pel just needs his players to play at 100% of their abilities 100% of the time.

The Hogfather

You can make up for a lack of ability by working harder than the guy you are guarding or the guy guarding you, etc.  I think that's what he means. 

mizzouman

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 09, 2009, 09:19:52 am
You can make up for a lack of ability by working harder than the guy you are guarding or the guy guarding you, etc.  I think that's what he means. 

That's exactly what I'm saying, just play at a 100% a 100% of the time, then you should be okay.  That's not overachieving, that's just playing up to their abilities.

Anyway, those are just words.  Pel just needs to keep this team and program together or it could fall apart real quick.  I've seen it with Quin Snyder and it's ugly.

Hogbody

I'm really amazed at how slow Clarke is.  It's really quite impressive watching them run down the court.  It looks like he's jogging when he's going flat out

Razorod

Quote from: william.lane123 on February 09, 2009, 09:01:41 am
Anderson would never come back to Arkansas, no way no how
i agree. as they say, that ship has sailed. now bama might come calling and anderson might listen to them.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Niels Boar

An underrated aspect of Hawgball was the ballhandling and passing.  Nolan supposedly never taught offense, but the ball movement was good on most teams.  Those teams frequently had low TOs per possession and high assists per possession.  The philosophy has always been to not give the ball back after you work so hard to force the other guys into a TO.

razorbackfan

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on February 09, 2009, 08:29:17 am
you can have mike anderson, all you have to do is be a missouri fan...of course you all would have been calling for HIS job during his FIRST 2 seasons with losing records in the BIG 12 & NO NCAA or NIT Tourney

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: razorbackfan on February 09, 2009, 12:41:10 pm
you can have mike anderson, all you have to do is be a missouri fan...of course you all would have been calling for HIS job during his FIRST 2 seasons with losing records in the BIG 12 & NO NCAA or NIT Tourney

Find where I called for Pel's job. that's what I thought. I have been on the front row for almost every home game during Pel's career and can see that he is really trying to make something happen. However, I think that Mike Anderson is a great coach and I wish the best for him. Would've loved to have him. F Mizzou by the way.

Niels Boar

It would be nice if those of us who appreciate what Anderson helped accomplish at Arkansas (you know, those FF and NC things) and enjoy his style of play could root for him without every thread degenerating into a faux choice between him and Pel. 

Pel is our coach.  He isn't going to be given an extension or fired based on what Anderson is doing.  Their fates are not intertwined.  It's irrelevant what Missouri does.  Quite frankly Arkansas isn't going anywhere this season.  If I can't watch the Hogs rampage through the NCAAT, my rooting interest will shift to Anderson's team for the postseason.  I assume some others feel the same way.  A positive post about Anderson is not a backhanded swipe at Pelphrey, at least not for most of us.  They are at different points in the rebuilding process.  I hope the Hogs make a quantum leap next season, and Pel can name his number on an extension.  I'm fine with him as the coach if he gets the job done.  We will need to be patient and see if he can.  Until then distractions are welcome.

razorbackfan

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on February 09, 2009, 12:51:44 pm
Find where I called for Pel's job. that's what I thought. I have been on the front row for almost every home game during Pel's career and can see that he is really trying to make something happen. However, I think that Mike Anderson is a great coach and I wish the best for him. Would've loved to have him. F Mizzou by the way.
I dont have a problem with anyone liking Coach Anderson, i also think he's a great coach.  You didnt actually call for Pel's job, but saying you want Mike back isnt exactly a ringing endorsement. Anyway guess im a little frustrated at all of the people on here that are basically calling for his job. I dont understand what people are thinking.  What he's trying to do cant be done overnight. He had the #11 ESPN rated recruiting class with his 1st class, yeah the one everyone was so pumped about...now they are having some growing pains & all of a sudden Pel can't recruit, doesnt make any sense to me...Anyway GO HOGS

clifflee4mvp

but i never wavered, I didn't want Pel when we got him. I was dumbfounded that we had to hire a firm to help us in a coaching search only to see us go get a Sun Belt coach. I was not impressed. None of the guys I wanted, wanted us. Bill Self, Billy Clyde, etc. I would've also loved to have Mike and hate seeing him at Mizzou. However when Pel was hired, I immediately put everything behind him. I was impressed with the tourney win, the recruiting class, and the early season big wins. I am frustrated right now like everyone else but I don't think he should be fired.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: mizzouman on February 09, 2009, 09:31:42 am
That's exactly what I'm saying, just play at a 100% a 100% of the time, then you should be okay.  That's not overachieving, that's just playing up to their abilities.

Anyway, those are just words.  Pel just needs to keep this team and program together or it could fall apart real quick.  I've seen it with Quin Snyder and it's ugly.

It's overachieving in the sense that it's more than the experts predict.

ChicoHog

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on February 09, 2009, 08:29:17 am
Please no!  Let him prove himself for a few years before we start annointing him a great coach.  See what kind of consistency he has first.  Same with Pel.  I don't know if he is the answer but a year and half is not enough time.  Sutton, Richardson, etc., could not change it around overnight.  It takes a little time and recruiting is the key.