Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is next year....

Started by batmanfan, February 08, 2009, 10:47:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

a win or go back to Kentucky year for Pelphrey? 

If things don't turn around next year after this debacle we should have no choice but to fire him.

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

HawgAdvocate

Pssst, I don't know if you're aware or not, but FCJ already gave the fairweather fire and brimstone speech hours ago.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

jonesark™

yes, maybe another year. depends on my mood at the time!! lol

batmanfan

I'm glad you love the rut we are in right now.  Love it and eat it up boy because it will be around for a long while until we get a real coach.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

HawgAdvocate

February 08, 2009, 11:00:48 pm #4 Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:02:50 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: batmanfan on February 08, 2009, 10:58:07 pm
I'm glad you love the rut we are in right now.  Love it and eat it up boy because it will be around for a long while until we get a real coach.

How many great college coaches have taken a new job, won more games in their first year than any other coach in school history, rebuilt 90% of their roster before the very next season, and seriously competed for a division title the following season?

Take your time, I'll wait.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

BallHog1

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 08, 2009, 11:00:48 pm
How many great college coaches have taken a new job, won more games in their first year than any other coach in school history, rebuilt 90% of their roster before the very next season, and seriously competed for a division title the following season?

Take your time, I'll wait.

Wow, still waiting I see. I keep checking back here knowing that batman and fcjoe will have the answer to your scenario.
Glad there are those still skicking with Pel and the hogs, it will be worth it in a few years.

HawgAdvocate

February 09, 2009, 10:55:58 am #6 Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 10:58:15 am by HawgAdvocate
You are damn right! I'll keep waiting too cause no answer will be forthcoming.

But since we're Arkansas, since we were in the NCAA finals 14 years ago, since we haven't had a Mickey D's AA since Glendon Alexander 13 years ago, we're still supposed to be a Sweet 16 team within two years else we're going to fire another coach and hire our fourth head coach of the decade?

Morons!

william.lane123

Amazing how high people were with the win over TX and OK,  and now look!! Simply amazing!!!!  Kick a man when he's down comes to mind!!

william.lane123

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 09, 2009, 10:55:58 am
You are damn right! I'll keep waiting too cause no answer will be forthcoming.

But since we're Arkansas, since we were in the NCAA finals 14 years ago, since we haven't had a Mickey D's AA since Glendon Alexander 13 years ago, we're still supposed to be a Sweet 16 team within two years else we're going to fire another coach and hire our fourth head coach of the decade?

Morons!

COCHISE

No, of course not.  We all knew going into the season we were going to be bad with having to play this many freshman, then all of the sudden we beat Oklahoma and Texas and everyone got this grand illusion that we were a Final 4 team.  Most of us realized that type of play could not be maintained with the lack of depth on this team, they were young and didn't realize the magnitude of the games in which they were playing, they have come back down to Earth now and we're witnessing the true play of a bunch of freshmen.  Losing Payne and Montrell were killers, then Moore and Monk, we don't have the depth to run Pel's fast paced offense therefore we can't compete at this point.  We have a good foundation, let Pel add some depth to this team and let's see what happens.  If he gets a good depth of solid players and is still not able to produce, then let the chips fall where they may, as of right now he still deserves time.  Why would we not afford Pel the same opportunity that we did Heath?

TuckerRay

Quote from: batmanfan on February 08, 2009, 10:47:18 pm

If things don't turn around next year after this debacle we should have no choice but to fire him.

BAT

No next year is the Hog basketball call. Woooooooopig NEXT YEAR!

regi

Quote from: batmanfan on February 08, 2009, 10:47:18 pm

BAT

Uhhh no. After a big season in 09 Petrino will be making over 3 mill a year beginning in 2010. With the recession, Petrino and RRS expansion, bb is gonna have to roll with Pelfrey and hope he figures it out soon.

hogfan064

You got to give the man 4-5 years.  You don't fire a guy after 3 years unless he does something unethical

HoopS

Don't even try guys.   Nevermind Pel had to replace 7 players and is relying on former role players and freshmen.   Hell no.  Let's fire that SOB tonight!   Get the pitchforks and bullhorns.  Hell, he's had several games to get these kids ready to Peter-roll these S.E.C scrubs. 

You people are freakin nuts. 

BallHog1

Quote from: HoopS on February 10, 2009, 01:45:53 pm
Don't even try guys.   Nevermind Pel had to replace 7 players and is relying on former role players and freshmen.   Hell no.  Let's fire that SOB tonight!   Get the pitchforks and bullhorns.  Hell, he's had several games to get these kids ready to Peter-roll these S.E.C scrubs. 

You people are freakin nuts. 

I like smoked almonds the best.

HoopS

Ok.   I like 'em too. 

Hey, I'm frustrated too.   We all are.   But I guess I looked at this as a building process and expecting this many new guys to gel didn't exactly seem reasonable.   But that's just me. 

Probably the worst thing this team did was beat UT and OU. 

311Hog

Quote from: HoopS on February 10, 2009, 02:05:29 pm
Ok.   I like 'em too. 

Hey, I'm frustrated too.   We all are.   But I guess I looked at this as a building process and expecting this many new guys to gel didn't exactly seem reasonable.   But that's just me. 

Probably the worst thing this team did was beat UT and OU. 

i am totally with ya man, to me things took a bad turn when Monk couldnt play, and teams found Washington's weakness.

Alot of bad things happening at once to a young team is bound for disaster.

HawgWild

Used to be a bar in downtown Hot Springs called Barney's Illinois Bar. He had a sign in the window which read: "Free beer tomorrow". Problem was, tomorrow never came. He never had to give away a free beer.

Pathological

It sounds to me to like that the worst thing that Pel has done since arriving is to beat Texas and Oklahoma as that has only raised the expectations of some fans beyond what this team can realistically accomplish.  There is a reason that those two wins this year are considered major upsets.  Maybe things will get better in a few years and maybe they won't, but now is not the time to quit on this team or this coaching staff.  It's like divorcing your wife after one burnt casserole.  Wait until she catches the kitchen on fire before you get worried about her cooking skills.

weresoclose

"or go back to Kentucky" ...

What?  Makes no sense on several levels...

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great