Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am not suggesting we fire Pel, but....

Started by hogluv, February 08, 2009, 09:19:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogluv

I would love Mike Anderson or Scott Drew from Baylor. This is how Scott Drew's recruiting class is about to pan out

#1 Point Guard and Player John Wall (5 star0
#15 Player Latvious Williams (5 star)
#33 Player Cory Jefferson (4 star)
And out of our own back yard-----AJ Walton

Smithian

Simple fact is if John Pelphrey has to go, Jeff Long needs to be given a blank check so he can go down to Waco and not take no for an answer.

No more up and comer crap.

donewithdale

3kgthog

We had to borrow money just to finish facility improvements. There is no blank check forthcoming. I also don't think we want the potential NCAA hassle with Drew. The whispers about recruiting violations as well as his lackluster record don't impress me. This job should not be a minor-league system for unproven coaches.

bao187

I think it is still way too early to talk about this, this is Pelphreys second year, and he has a very young team
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Hogeyeblind

Like it or not Pel will probably get 2 more years at least

L.A.

February 08, 2009, 04:10:09 pm #6 Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 04:19:57 pm by L.A.
Quote from: Hogeyeblind on February 08, 2009, 11:35:04 am

As well he should.  Question for you delusional fans wanting Mike Anderson.  How was his overall record at Missouri after a year and a half in ??? 

hawgsav1

Quote from: L.A. on February 08, 2009, 04:10:09 pm
As well he should.  Question for those of you delusional fans wanting Mike Anderson.  How was his overall record at Missouri after a year and a half in ??? 

I've always wanted Mike Anderson, but I'm in full belief that we need to give Pelphrey 2 more years. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Hogeyeblind

Quote from: hawgsav1 on February 08, 2009, 04:16:28 pm
I've always wanted Mike Anderson, but I'm in full belief that we need to give Pelphrey 2 more years. 

Go balls out and get a big timer - Caliapri or Self - dont take no for an answer - BWA should be a feared house and the Hog should be on CBS every weekend!!!!

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: Hogeyeblind on February 08, 2009, 04:18:43 pm
Go balls out and get a big timer - Caliapri or Self - dont take no for an answer - BWA should be a feared house and the Hog should be on CBS every weekend!!!!

While we're at it, let's just get Phil Jackson, Dean Weber, or Coach K!
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

Ross U (HDHF)

We tried that 2 years ago and it did NOT work.  Like it or not, this is what we have for the next 2 years.  Trying to get a new coach now would have the same result: an unproven coach. 

jonesark™

Quote from: L.A. on February 08, 2009, 04:10:09 pm
As well he should.  Question for you delusional fans wanting Mike Anderson.  How was his overall record at Missouri after a year and a half in ??? 

I agree...you HAVE to give the man time to prove he is or isn't what you want. Trust me, I am very unhappy with pel right now, but I refuse to say he needs to go right away. If we do this next year, then I would be calling for his head. Give the man at least 3 years...

hawgsav1

1.  Calipari will not come here.  He's been ridiculously successful at cheating at Memphis.  Why would he give up a successful cheating enterprise?
1a.  Calipari is a punk who deserves to get his ass handed to him and I would hate for that to happen.
2.  Why on Earth would Self come here?  He just won an NC at Kansas, who has more basketball tradition than we do. He expressed interest when he was at Illinois, but frankly, he got a better job.
3.  Pelphrey still has time to prove himself.  Give him some time and patience.  Nothing will get better if we become apathetic as a fan base.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

rzrbackrob

Pel should and will get 4-5 years to turnaround a decade of malaise.
The current Memphis coach did not impress me his first few years at Tiger High. Nolan did not impress me his first few years at Arkansas. It takes time to clean up a horrible mess.
Good is the enemy of great

Hogeyeblind

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: Hogeyeblind on February 08, 2009, 04:39:36 pm
Are you suggesting that they will play better if we drug them?

Man, make that Dean Smith.

It's been a long day already.

Hogeyeblind

If and when the day comes that we are shopping for a BB coach I just hope we set the bar high

SECGUY

Quote from: hogluv on February 08, 2009, 09:19:56 am
I would love Mike Anderson or Scott Drew from Baylor. This is how Scott Drew's recruiting class is about to pan out

#1 Point Guard and Player John Wall (5 star0
#15 Player Latvious Williams (5 star)
#33 Player Cory Jefferson (4 star)
And out of our own back yard-----AJ Walton

Baylor is dirty. Trust me, they are about to get busted for their recruiting practices

hoglee

This has been suggested before about baylor.  I understand they got caught before but do you know anything new or is this just an assumption based on their past.  I am suprised a baptist institution would do this once let alone twice.

rude1

Quote from: Hogeyeblind on February 08, 2009, 11:35:04 am
I think Pel gets one more guaranteed year, year four is going to depend on what happens during year three. He doesn't have to win it all, but he cant finish a distant last in the west either.  Have a winning record and at minimum an NIT bid he gets year four, have a less than .500 record and he is gone IMO. Year four will be the make it or break it year for him if he gets there, barely breaking .500 basketball and an NIT bid will not be enough to hang around for another year.

RICKHOGHEAD

I like coach Pel and think he will get things turned around but it pains me to watch them play right now.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: SECGUY on February 08, 2009, 04:52:46 pm
Baylor is dirty. Trust me, they are about to get busted for their recruiting practices
Link?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

bao187

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

chiefsfan

Quote from: hoglee on February 08, 2009, 04:58:52 pm
This has been suggested before about baylor.  I understand they got caught before but do you know anything new or is this just an assumption based on their past.  I am suprised a baptist institution would do this once let alone twice.

You do realize that the only school to ever get the NCAA "Death Penalty" is a religious school right?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 08, 2009, 08:15:17 pm
You do realize that the only school to ever get the NCAA "Death Penalty" is a religious school right?

Yeah, but SMU is a bunch of Methodists.

They even drink, dance, and co-ed swim!

Some of you need to remember our coaching search 2 yrs ago.

Oliver

Quote from: Karma on February 08, 2009, 08:19:08 pm
Some of you need to remember our coaching search 2 yrs ago.

I also remember who our AD and Chancellor were then.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on February 08, 2009, 08:17:45 pm
Yeah, but SMU is a bunch of Methodists.

They even drink, dance, and co-ed swim!

We Methodists enjoy all the finer points in life
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

pignatious

Quote from: Smithian on February 08, 2009, 09:52:10 am
Simple fact is if John Pelphrey has to go, Jeff Long needs to be given a blank check so he can go down to Waco and not take no for an answer.

No more up and comer crap.

Absolutely. Pay the bucks and get the best established coach you can find. We have to get this thing turned around and stop spinning our wheels. One more year to show dramatic improvement or it is time to go a different direction.
Freedom is never free.

blunt_hawg

Didn't we try this last time?  How many "big timers" were lining up to come to Arkansas?

Brilliant idea...

SECGUY

I have heard on the AAU circuit that Barnes, Self, and a couple of other Big 12 coaches don't like getting "outbid". Ask yourself this: if you are a big time recruit, why or rather what could influence you to choose Wacko, Tx?