Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on the Miss. State Game

Started by jeramyaupton, February 07, 2009, 06:42:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jeramyaupton

As I sat here watching Miss. State drain 3 after, 3 after, 3. I thought:

When is spring practice?

Has anyone noted that we are still 0 for Mississippi on the year in football and men's basketball?  0-5 with Ole Miss in Fayetteville remaining. 

verticalhog

I don't think they'll beat us in track & field.

The Boar War

Quote from: jeramyaupton on February 07, 2009, 06:42:44 pm
As I sat here watching Miss. State drain 3 after, 3 after, 3. I thought:

When is spring practice?

The correct answer is "Not soon enough".

Oliver

Quote from: 79010 on February 07, 2009, 07:05:42 pm
     Has anyone noted that we are still 0 for Mississippi on the year in football and men's basketball?  0-5 with Ole Miss in Fayetteville remaining. 

Go ahead and pencil in 0-6.

HAM ELLIOT

Its hard to beat any team when they hit 17 3-pointers.  They hung 15 on Kentucky.  We didnt play that bad of a game today, but Mis-stake was just on fire from beyond the ark.  I am as big a fan as anyone on this board, and it kills me to see us lose.  Hopefully, we get this boat turned around soon.  Pel is our coach, and we gotta give him time.  Its too early to be calling for his head.  Next year, we should see some improvement.

HOGJOWLS

If someone hits 17 threes on you, all it says is that you were playing some pretty sad D.

BleedsBlue

Quote from: HOGJOWLS on February 08, 2009, 08:39:21 am
If someone hits 17 threes on you, all it says is that you were playing some pretty sad D.

Not all together true.  In our game they were raining 3's from 28 feet.  How do you defend that?  They are just a hot team right now as evidenced from the UK and UA games.

We were helping in the paint and getting back to face the outside shooters in the first half.  In the second early on we helped in the paint and were a step slow getting back to the 3 shooters.  By the last 10 minutes we just stood halfway in between letting them have both the inside and the 3.  We were a young wore out team by the last 10 minutes.  We needed Moore,Clark and Sanchez to play 20 minutes each and show some production.  We needed Clarke run through a belt line to get a little rage built up so he could find the internal fortitude to get loose from the defender and score.  We need someone to backhand Welsh the very first time he commits a totally foolish play like he does several times each game and then praise him for the many good plays he commits each game.  Welsh has the ability to be our best man on the floor but when you deduct the stupid from the brilliant, it leaves you with a very average player or less.  Know what Nolan had over Pel right now.  Each Nolan player knew he played at the coaches will because Nolan would set you and play your understudy becasue he was maybe as good as you were.  Stupid and/or Cocky didn't fly with Nolan.  Pel puts up with stupid and timid and tired because he doesn't have a choice that he believes in.

thirtythree

Quote from: 12247 on February 08, 2009, 09:53:37 am
We were helping in the paint and getting back to face the outside shooters in the first half.  In the second early on we helped in the paint and were a step slow getting back to the 3 shooters.  By the last 10 minutes we just stood halfway in between letting them have both the inside and the 3.  We were a young wore out team by the last 10 minutes.  We needed Moore,Clark and Sanchez to play 20 minutes each and show some production.  We needed Clarke run through a belt line to get a little rage built up so he could find the internal fortitude to get loose from the defender and score.  We need someone to backhand Welsh the very first time he commits a totally foolish play like he does several times each game and then praise him for the many good plays he commits each game.  Welsh has the ability to be our best man on the floor but when you deduct the stupid from the brilliant, it leaves you with a very average player or less.  Know what Nolan had over Pel right now.  Each Nolan player knew he played at the coaches will because Nolan would set you and play your understudy becasue he was maybe as good as you were.  Stupid and/or Cocky didn't fly with Nolan.  Pel puts up with stupid and timid and tired because he doesn't have a choice that he believes in.

JP said the Demo article a couple days ago that BM and AC weren't playing due to what they had done on the floor already. He even mentione a certain out of bounds play that we threw right to someone.

It appears to me that JP is making a statement to some of these players.

We had 1 less 2 point FG that they did, 4 less 3 pointers and missed 7 FT's.

Miss St is just a hot team right now. A lot of their 3's were from very long range because we did have defenders out there. I think they just got tired and got a little slower. The bench has to be more productive and if they are not then this will not get better this year. A team is only as good as it's bench, and right now our bench has not proved an a regular basis that they can go out and give quality minutes.

HOGJOWLS

you defend that by cutting off  passing lanes, denying the ball, putting a hand in someones face, gettin in their shorts,....all the standard cliches...... I understand that we were sagging in the lane to help on the inside, but when your gettin killed with the 3 you have to change the philosophy a little.

Conway Hog

Quote from: 12247 on February 08, 2009, 09:53:37 am

all good points on the reality of our situation, hope coach will start rotating effectively to reduce the fatigue factor
The  democracy will cease to exist when you take away from  those who are willing to work and give to those who would  not.
Thomas Jefferson

The  tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the  blood of patriots and  tyrants.
Thomas  Jefferson