Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We don't run plays

Started by cotterhog, February 07, 2009, 04:04:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cotterhog

February 07, 2009, 04:04:54 pm Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 04:07:23 pm by cotterhog
and set screens for 3's. I'm not liking this offense right now. Rotnei Clarke didn't shoot much in the second half.

secfan30

Did he have the legs to shoot? Depth seems to be killing this team.

Newhopehog

you are right they play street ball.....way to much dribbling and not enough passing....

Beaverfever

RC is always really tired in the second half. 

chiefhawg

Hmmmmmmm,   Sounds like the same thing said about Nolan's teams.
:razorback:

Smithian

Whenever Rotnei Clarke catches the ball it is atleast five feet behind the three point line and the guard just jams the hell out of him. Rotnei Clarke is a spot up shooter, not a come off screens type of guy.

hogzilla3

stand around , and stand around some more

DEVICEHIGH

How many plays did Nolan run?
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

h0gfan

I thought it looked like our forwards were trying to set screens a lot yesterday - particularly for R. Clarke. To me it doesn't look our guards know how to use them to get open. They don't seem to grasp the concept that they have to run close enough to the screen for it to impede their defender.

akp4105

We run set plays and we have a couple different half court offenses we also run, depending on if the other team plays man or zone.. match ups.. etc. Our main half court offense is designed to keep the ball in the hands of the best players.. Fortson and Washington. It's a high pick and roll offense with shooters relocating and spotting up. It allows Fortson the ability to create shots for others who cannot create their own shot. If he can get to the rim he can score the ball or dump it to Washington. This makes people collapse and leaves shooters open. This is what you saw in the first half of the game in the half court offense. We do best when the other team is missing shots or turning the ball over and we can score in transition because Fortson and the guards can push it and Washington runs the floor well. Our half court offense is the way it is because Pel is running it to the strengths of his players. I was glad to see Henry come along and make some plays yesterday and hope he continues to do that.

RZRBack_FAN

"We do best when other teams are missing shots or turning the ball over".

Gee ya think?

TNhawgfan

We also don't shoot free throws or play defense, but why nitpick
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol