Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-0 This Week = 5 Game Winning Streak

Started by Hot_Town_Hog, February 03, 2009, 10:00:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot_Town_Hog

Not saying it will happen...BUT, if we can somehow go 2-0 this week, I can feel a 5 game winning streak coming on with games @ Aub, and LSU & KY at the Bud.

The young players will gain confidence.We must have Henry improve quickly. The other key would be getting Clarke and Welsh to hit like they can. I want Rotnei to shoot everytime he is open. If Welsh doesn't feel it, back off for the night. Fort must limit the TO's and Wash needs double-doubles. Last but not least, throw the press in occasionally and guard the 3.

This week is key....Season will be over for the most part, or we will very much have a shot!! We are more likely to win those last 3, than the next 2.

Hope the Bud is rocking tomorrow night!!!!

Go Hogs!!!

kennymayne

What makes you think that we can win at Auburn??

dunnhead

Hot_Town_Hog

Same logic I used when I said there was no way in hell we beat OU and Texas....  8)

Hot_Town_Hog

February 03, 2009, 10:49:35 pm #4 Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 04:29:33 pm by Hot_Town_Hog
What makes me think it? The way they played in the 2nd half against LSU and the way they dominated OU. That was not a fluke win. This team has some talent, they have just not played with much emotion in most of the games up to now.

This team also has some bigtime deficiencies, but I really think they came together in the 2nd half against LSU and will bring that to the game tomorrow night.

To carry it a step further, I think a couple of wins will give this young team some confidence and the next 3 are winnable.

If this week doesn't happen, there will be no more threads like this from me this year. This week will either mark the end of any hopes, or we will not be sitting too bad heading into our next 3 games.

UAalumUALRlaw

Quote from: kennymayne on February 03, 2009, 10:28:35 pm
What makes you think that we can win at Auburn??

Maybe because we dominated them in Fayetteville, I mean that can't be that much better at home than they were on the road at the Bud can they? Oh wait, never mind.

TNhawgfan

5 wins in a row...do you know how consistent you have to play to win 5 conference games in a row? We're lucky to put together a good 5 minutes in a row. Yes, we've had some good halves (the 2nd half against LSU, the 1st half against Bama), but how long has it been since we played a good game for 40 minutes? We beat Texas, but it was an ugly game and I'm not sure you could say we played good the whole game. We played great the first half against Oklahoma, but if you remember we almost blew a huge lead in the final 10 minutes of the game. Unless we start playing more consistent for longer periods of time, we don't go on ANY winning streaks.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hot_Town_Hog

February 08, 2009, 11:20:40 pm #7 Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:23:13 pm by Hot_Town_Hog
I have been blindly optimistic for many years, but I really thought this was possible and looking back we should be 2-0 at this point, but we are not and that is so dissappointing. We will see how they come out Wed at Auburn, but I will stand by my pick that we beat Aubbie......

jonesark™

put down whatever you are smoking......I just pray we win another game!!

Hot_Town_Hog

We may all be smoking before this thing is over, but no smoke here....yet anyway!!!

I love Hog football, but it's hard to beat March Madness and it is SO much more enjoyable with the Hogs in the mix. Hopefully sooner than later, but time will tell.

jonesark™

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on February 08, 2009, 11:42:14 pm
We may all be smoking before this thing is over, but no smoke here....yet anyway!!!

I love Hog football, but it's hard to beat March Madness and it is SO much more enjoyable with the Hogs in the mix. Hopefully sooner than later, but time will tell.

you're right...only time will tell

chiefsfan

Ive got us beating Auburn wednesday

We match up very well with Auburn now that we are using a 4 guard lineup.  If Henry can stay out of foul trouble we've got a good shot.  They play the 2nd best defense in the league, so we need to be patient, but take the good looks when we are given them
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Razorod

i hope you are right. it would be nice to get monk back; i'd feel better about us doing something like this. he could help on depth and sub rotation.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

HeathWimp

Quote from: jonesark on February 08, 2009, 11:34:23 pm
put down whatever you are smoking......I just pray we win another game!!

Beat me to it.

One or two more wins this year.  I hope next year gets better.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Hot_Town_Hog

In all honesty, we actually played better than I expected. Coulda, shoulda, woulda......But we should be 2-0 right now. We had the Vols beat, but couldn't finish. Dominated State, but didn't bother to show up in the 2nd half. In all honesty, had we just played halfway decent in the 1st half against LSU, one could argue we could have easily won the last 3 games.

I know we didn't, and are 0-3 instead, but watching those games you have to say we probably should have won all 3. Whether that is Coaching or lack of depth, I can't say. But we probably were ahead more minutes in the last 3 games than we were behind. That is what is so frustrating....It's not like we were blown out and never in any of those games.

rzrbackrob

I would love to see this team win any game on the road.
Good is the enemy of great

Hot_Town_Hog

February 10, 2009, 08:42:36 pm #16 Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 07:51:46 pm by Hot_Town_Hog
I hear you on that....It's like we are jinxed or something!! Have games where we appear to be in control, and the next thing you know we lose. It has been tough being a Hog fan the last several years.