Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA’s Greatest All-Around Athlete Crosses the Final Goal Line

Started by edemire, February 08, 2018, 11:21:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

edemire

Pine Bluff's Basil Shabazz, El Dorado's "Goose" Tatum, Forrest City's Don Kissinger and LR's Brooks Robinson are among the greatest all-around athletes the state of Arkansas has ever produced. They played at high levels in multiple sports. None, though, surpass the greatest multi-sport Razorback: Clyde "Smackover" Scott.

My deep dive tribute to the legend:
http://onlyinark.com/sports/clyde-smackover-scott-uas-greatest-around-athlete-crosses-final-goal-line/

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

jimmiewkersh

Excellent article.  Clyde "Smackover" Scott, what an amazing Razorback!

DeltaBoy

Great Article And My Grandpa said he only Believed that Basil Shabazz was more dangerous on the Gridiron.

What we got to see in the State Track Meet of Champions we will never forget cause BS put on a show for the ages.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jchill

Tying Jesse Owens record was impressive. I did not realize he was that fast.

edemire

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."

edemire

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 09, 2018, 11:20:24 am
Great Article And My Grandpa said he only Believed that Basil Shabazz was more dangerous on the Gridiron.

What we got to see in the State Track Meet of Champions we will never forget cause BS put on a show for the ages.

I unfortunately never saw Shabazz in person (too young) but these are the kinds of stories I keep hearing. Either a documentary about him (or him and Torii Hunter) is probably the No. 1 "30 for 30" style Arkansas-style documentary which needs to be made.

I deep dove into that a few years ago...
http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/arkansas-own-bo-jackson/

[Confession: At the time, I wasn't aware of exactly how great of an athlete Clyde Scott had been in his own right]

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Your style is easy to read and entertaining. I love the way you seamlessly wove in your quotes. I also like the type of quotes you chose where they range from informative to funny. You have a gift, and I will be purchasing your book. If you wrote the book in your avatar pic, that is... You have an bright future.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

edemire

I appreciate it!
And, yes, that's my book.
Personalized and signed copies sold here:
https://www.heritageofsports.com/shop

And the good ole Amazon route here:
http://amzn.to/2C3mQT0

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 10, 2018, 09:46:34 am
Your style is easy to read and entertaining. I love the way you seamlessly wove in your quotes. I also like the type of quotes you chose where they range from informative to funny. You have a gift, and I will be purchasing your book. If you wrote the book in your avatar pic, that is... You have an bright future.

Flrazrback

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!