Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

greg anthony says detroit best team ever.

Started by D-macs cuz, February 01, 2006, 03:48:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

D-macs cuz

Good team, but best team ever? Greg Anthony thinks so.  The 95-96 Bulls that stacked up the best record in history would according to Greg would loose in a series to the Detroit Pistons.  These comments were made on espn then posted on the detroit website...http://detroitbadboys.com/
This got me to thinking, well first strongly disagreeing about the pistons...who do you think is the best basketball team of all time.  Celtics run, Lakers run (which one), running of the Bulls, Pistons (Bad boy days).  What are your thoughts?

Buff

the Bulls during their awesome run are the best in my opinion. as long as MJ's on the court they could beat any team ever.

Greg Anthony's a moron.

Arkiejared

I might agree....solid players who are unselfish and can kick butt on D.  We'll see where their record ends up, but they are top 5 at least.

Arkiejared

Quote from: TaintNuttinToIt on February 02, 2006, 05:32:11 pm
this type of statement cannot be made until the season has ended and they have won the championship.  The best team ever?? they lost to the spurs last year.  Detroit is having a great year, but thus far has not accomplished enough to be named the best team ever.  They haven't won back to back yet, thus they are not the best team Detroit has ever fielded.

Yes, we need to wait until the year is over, but back-to-back titles has nothing to do with it....this team should stand on this year's accomplishments.  Every year is a different team, especially in leagues with free agency.  I mean, the Pistons have an entirely different coaching staff this year.  When discussing how good teams are, you have to look at their season now, not a string of seasons.  If you do that, you're talking about a dynasty or an organization rather than a team.

I think that's what Stan Heath has been trying to persuade us of.

PulledPork

Who is Greg Anthony?  Oh yeah, he was one of the thugs on the UNLV team coach by the Shark.  There are only a couple of teams that could have beat that Bulls team, and Detroit ain't it!