Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some new info....

Started by porkrindjimmy, November 17, 2017, 04:59:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

I like Norvell; he's my second choice behind Malzahn.

However, if he gets the job it'll almost be a feeling of, "Awww....would you look at that. He got the job! Isn't that cute? That's so good for him. Somebody give him a hug right quick!"

The last time I felt this way about a candidate was in December of 1997.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Kneph13 on November 21, 2017, 08:25:04 pm
Some new info:  It won't be Gus, and if it is, I'm finished with the Hogs.

You're finished with the Hogs already.  You root for a coach, not the Hogs.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The Kig on November 23, 2017, 08:03:56 am
Finally... A voice of reason joins me in defense against the mass of lunacy.

I don't think it is lunacy, it is just that everyone has their own opinion. We aren't going to be 100% in agreement.
Go Hogs Go!

wildhogman

Quote from: King Kong on November 22, 2017, 06:58:21 am
Well, in part that is because we don’t play ourselves. Auburn getting Arkansas makes there schedule easier it’s currently and expected win and 4/5 that’s been correct.  In addition they haven’t played the Florida in the East.

But make no mistake Auburn has played Washington State, at Kansas State(ranked 20) Louisville neutral site, and Clemson a year they won the NC and this year were they are currently in the playoff and UGA every freaking year.

That is much more difficult than Rutgers, TT and TCU.
and still manage to lose to an sec team that was beatn by the mighty men of troy and on their home field. Gus caught lightning in the bottle in 2013. and hasn't been close since, until now. I want to know we compete every year. Heack even the Nutt had us competing for SECC every 3 to 5 years.

pigmania

Quote from: Piggie on November 17, 2017, 05:04:29 pm
He told ASU he would be there up till the last second, and then packed his bags.
What coach doesn't do that. HDN
Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 04:59:19 pm
I happen to work for the father of Auburn's director of recruiting....

Talked to that said person today. Said that Gus isn't coming here...in no certain terms.

My Arkansas people tell me different.  So...Gus is misleading one side....

Sours me on Gus. Just move on to Norvell....not Skip Holtz.

PRJ
My uncles third cousin's brother's wife's dad, who lives in Tahiti, has told me this is BS.

pigmania

Bye Felica! Hope you enjoy rooting for your new team!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: King Kong on November 17, 2017, 06:48:56 pm
Why go for a Skip with a Kiffin out there?
or with Mike Leach itching for the job. that'd be re tard ed
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Piggie

Quote from: wildhogman on November 23, 2017, 10:23:36 am
and still manage to lose to an sec team that was beatn by the mighty men of troy and on their home field. Gus caught lightning in the bottle in 2013. and hasn't been close since, until now. I want to know we compete every year. Heack even the Nutt had us competing for SECC every 3 to 5 years.

If Nutt had coached in the SEC West as it is today, he would have been smoked as bad as Bielema. In his day, the East dominated, not the West. The West was beginning its rise to power as he left.
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

Piggie

Wow, the first Razorback Snowflake. Get some cocoa and a puppy. Then go in your safe space and pout. So sad....
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 23, 2017, 08:59:04 am
I like Norvell; he's my second choice behind Malzahn.

However, if he gets the job it'll almost be a feeling of, "Awww....would you look at that. He got the job! Isn't that cute? That's so good for him. Somebody give him a hug right quick!"

The last time I felt this way about a candidate was in December of 1997.
Yea, I'm not convinced Norvell can do it in this level.  There's just no history to support it.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

pigmania

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 23, 2017, 11:28:40 am
Yea, I'm not convinced Norvell can do it in this level.  There's just no history to support it.
I agree. I like Norvell, but there is no history there. There's just lust by a bunch of Gus haters. who won't come out and say he doesn't have enough experience, like they did when Gus was in his 2nd year as HC.

GuvHog

Yea, I’m not convinced Norvell can do it in this level.  There’s just no history to support it.

Gus doesn't have much history as a head coach either. Up until now, he's had only one good year at a school that recruits a boatload of 5* players every year. Not good.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: pigmania on November 23, 2017, 11:45:47 am
I agree. I like Norvell, but there is no history there. There's just lust by a bunch of Gus haters. who won't come out and say he doesn't have enough experience, like they did when Gus was in his 2nd year as HC.

Gus was in Auburn in 2013, and we didn't have an opening in 2013.

a0ashle

I just don't understand why all the chatter is all offense guys and no defensive guys. Any two-bit OC can put together a prairie dog spread offense, but a good defense is more elusive.

King Kong

Quote from: a0ashle on November 23, 2017, 12:24:07 pm
I just don't understand why all the chatter is all offense guys and no defensive guys. Any two-bit OC can put together a prairie dog spread offense, but a good defense is more elusive.

Because sometimes DC as HC still have bad defenses. Strong, Pelini and Bielema seem to come to mind

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

cram224

Would somebody tell me who did Gus recruit from Texas for Ark or Tulsa. Who did he recruit from Texas to Auburn. Who on his staff has connections to Texas that he would bring with him. Anybody that comes in here and doesn't get players from Texas will be gone in 3 years. Think of all the student population that's from Texas. There is a good chance some of the 4 and 5 star players have girlfriends that come from Texas and goes to Ark. Gus is an X and O coach. I want a jimmie and joes coach.

East Clintwood

November 23, 2017, 03:20:19 pm #367 Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 07:46:33 pm by East Clintwood
Quote from: cram224 on November 23, 2017, 03:05:57 pm
Would somebody tell me who did Gus recruit from Texas for Ark or Tulsa. Who did he recruit from Texas to Auburn. Who on his staff has connections to Texas that he would bring with him. Anybody that comes in here and doesn't get players from Texas will be gone in 3 years. Think of all the student population that's from Texas. There is a good chance some of the 4 and 5 star players have girlfriends that come from Texas and goes to Ark. Gus is an X and O coach. I want a jimmie and joes coach.

Auburn currently has 4 players from Texas on their roster. 

Obviously, they don't currently have any real connections there.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Random Parsley

Quote from: ricepig on November 23, 2017, 11:52:00 am
Gus was in Auburn in 2013, and we didn't have an opening in 2013.
Bret and Gus were both announced on December 4, 2012 for their respective schools, so Gus theoretically could have been a candidate when we were choosing Bielema.

I'll quit there because I have no idea who we'll get, or who we should get. I'll just be a fan of whoever and hope it works better than we've seen recently.

Gonzo

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 23, 2017, 10:02:07 am
You're finished with the Hogs already.  You root for a coach, not the Hogs.

That's hardly a small, or monolithic, group around here.

Go Hogs!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: GuvHog on November 23, 2017, 11:51:48 am
Gus doesn't have much history as a head coach either. Up until now, he's had only one good year at a school that recruits a boatload of 5* players every year. Not good.

Name these "boatloads" of 5* players.

This is my non-signature signature.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Gonzo on November 23, 2017, 03:45:06 pm
That's hardly a small, or monolithic, group around here.

Go Hogs!

I don't think that most of us are fans or haters of a particular coach.

I'm a Razorback fan and I want what's best for the teams.  When we have a coach that's not good for the program, I want to replace him with someone who is. 

We've just endured 6 years of crap coaching.  I still wanted victories but I rarely expected to get them.  I'm a realist and can pretty fairly evaluate our team.  No, I can't accurately predict scores or some victories/losses but I can usually get real close to our record for the year.  This year I had us very optimistically at 6-6 but that was with everything going our way.  It didn't.

I really don't like being a realist when it comes to the Hogs --- I want to be an optimistic fan again.  That where who the coach is comes in.  With Bert, I went in to each game with zero expectations, sometimes I just recorded the game and watched if we won or sometimes I watched but more for the curiosity of what we'd screw up next.  I fully expect Gus to fall right into this category.  Certainly better coaching and better execution but I don't think the wins will increase by much.

I want a coach that brings excitement back to the Hogs.  I'm not all that particular about who that is - Norvell, Morris, Brown, Kiffin but please not Gus.

No more retreads.

Kneph13

Quote from: a0ashle on November 23, 2017, 12:24:07 pm

Defense wins championships. Offense is for power and show.  If the Razorbacks hope to win the SEC West and SECCG, defense is required.  I could care less if our offense was exciting or boring as long as our defense shuts our opponents down.  Gus is not the answer for Arkansas. He can retire from Auburn and then return home.  We need a new blood coach and a defense that is an eight foot thick reinforced concrete wall.
There is no Political Correctness in war

WilsonHog

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 23, 2017, 04:32:50 pm

I don't think that most of us are fans or haters of a particular coach.

I'm a Razorback fan and I want what's best for the teams.  When we have a coach that's not good for the program, I want to replace him with someone who is. 

We've just endured 6 years of crap coaching.  I still wanted victories but I rarely expected to get them.  I'm a realist and can pretty fairly evaluate our team.  No, I can't accurately predict scores or some victories/losses but I can usually get real close to our record for the year.  This year I had us very optimistically at 6-6 but that was with everything going our way.  It didn't.

I really don't like being a realist when it comes to the Hogs --- I want to be an optimistic fan again.  That where who the coach is comes in.  With Bert, I went in to each game with zero expectations, sometimes I just recorded the game and watched if we won or sometimes I watched but more for the curiosity of what we'd screw up next.  I fully expect Gus to fall right into this category.  Certainly better coaching and better execution but I don't think the wins will increase by much.

I want a coach that brings excitement back to the Hogs.  I'm not all that particular about who that is - Norvell, Morris, Brown, Kiffin but please not Gus.

No more retreads.

Can you operationalize the word "retread" for us? Would Saban be a retread? Dabo? Urban? Jimbo? What exactly qualifies a coach for "retread" status?

Kneph13

Quote from: Piggie on November 23, 2017, 11:05:35 am
Wow, the first Razorback Snowflake. Get some cocoa and a puppy. Then go in your safe space and pout. So sad....

I'm not a snowflake, I'm realistic.  Malzahn would be an idiotic hire by a bunch of rich individuals desperate to be relevant.  He would deliver for a year or three and slowly begin to decline.  Malzahn is reaching his peak now and the downhill slide is rapidly approaching.

I blow the cocoa back in your face and kick the damn puppy.  I'm always in my safe place, because the general public is a bunch moronic retards as evidenced often on this board.  I won't pout either.  I will be totally content with myself. 

When I said if they hire Gus that I would be done with the Hogs,  I meant the University administrators who, with their heads so far up their behinds, couldn't see the huge opportunity looming before them as far as the football team is concerned.  Gus needs to retire as Auburn's coach and then come home to Arkansas.  The changing of the guard is before us.

Thank you for your insightful reply, and to the kids who choose to play for the U of A as a Razorback?  Go Hogs  Root Hog  Hold that Line

grayhawg

Quote from: Kneph13 on November 23, 2017, 05:05:36 pm
I'm not a snowflake, I'm realistic.  Malzahn would be an idiotic hire by a bunch of rich individuals desperate to be relevant.  He would deliver for a year or three and slowly begin to decline.  Malzahn is reaching his peak now and the downhill slide is rapidly approaching.

I blow the cocoa back in your face and kick the damn puppy.  I'm always in my safe place, because the general public is a bunch moronic retards as evidenced often on this board.  I won't pout either.  I will be totally content with myself. 

When I said if they hire Gus that I would be done with the Hogs,  I meant the University administrators who, with their heads so far up their behinds, couldn't see the huge opportunity looming before them as far as the football team is concerned.  Gus needs to retire as Auburn's coach and then come home to Arkansas.  The changing of the guard is before us.

Thank you for your insightful reply, and to the kids who choose to play for the U of A as a Razorback?  Go Hogs  Root Hog  Hold that Line
Malzahn is 56 and Saban is 66, seems like Saban just really started winning big at about Malzahn's age that does not mean Malzahn will, probably not. But that doesn't mean he is going downhill.

Kneph13

Quote from: grayhawg on November 23, 2017, 05:35:52 pm
Malzahn is 56 and Saban is 66, seems like Saban just really started winning big at about Malzahn's age that does not mean Malzahn will, probably not. But that doesn't mean he is going downhill.

I didn't say he was going downhill, I said he was at his peak and that the downhill slide was approaching.

grayhawg

Quote from: Kneph13 on November 23, 2017, 05:53:24 pm
I didn't say he was going downhill, I said he was at his peak and that the downhill slide was approaching.
You also said he would deliver for a year or three and slowly decline.

Kneph13

Quote from: grayhawg on November 23, 2017, 05:55:09 pm
You also said he would deliver for a year or three and slowly decline.

Same thing different  words.  My apologies, that was me being redundant.  Thanks for pointing that out to me. 

Hogindasticks

I think Kiffin would be a better pick than Norvell....we know what we get.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: cram224 on November 23, 2017, 03:05:57 pm

1   Big Kat BryantHear how to pronounce Big Kat Bryant   Buck   6-5   224   FR   Cordele, Ga. (Crisp County)
3   Nate Craig-MyersHear how to pronounce Nate Craig-Myers   WR   6-2   213   SO   Dade City, Fla. (Tampa Catholic)
3   Marlon DavidsonHear how to pronounce Marlon Davidson   DL   6-3   282   SO   Greenville, Ala. (Greenville)
4   Jeff HollandHear how to pronounce Jeff Holland   OLB   6-2   249   JR   Jacksonville, Fla. (Trinity Christian)
4   Noah IgbinogheneHear how to pronounce Noah Igbinoghene   WR   5-11   186   FR   Trussville, Ala. (Hewitt-Trussville)
5   Devan BarrettHear how to pronounce Devan Barrett   RB   6-0   185   FR   Tampa, Fla. (Tampa Catholic)
5   Derrick BrownHear how to pronounce Derrick Brown   DL   6-5   316   SO   Sugar Hill, Ga. (Lanier)
6   Carlton DavisHear how to pronounce Carlton Davis   DB   6-1   203   JR   Miami, Fla. (Miami Norland)
8   Jarrett StidhamHear how to pronounce Jarrett Stidham   QB   6-3   214   SO   Stephenville, Texas (McLennan CC)
9   Kam MartinHear how to pronounce Kam Martin   RB   5-10   182   SO   Port Arthur, Texas (Memorial)
10   Paul James IIIHear how to pronounce Paul James III   DL   6-3   260   JR   Miami, Fla. (Copiah-Lincoln CC)
12   Jamel DeanHear how to pronounce Jamel Dean   DB   6-2   215   SO   Cocoa, Fla. (Ohio State)
12   Eli StoveHear how to pronounce Eli Stove   WR   6-0   183   SO   Niceville, Fla. (Niceville)
13   Javaris DavisHear how to pronounce Javaris Davis   DB   5-10   186   SO   Jacksonville, Fla. (Ed White)
14   Stephen RobertsHear how to pronounce Stephen Roberts   DB   5-11   189   SR   Opelika, Ala. (Opelika)
14   Malik WillisHear how to pronounce Malik Willis   QB   6-1   202   FR   Atlanta, Ga. (Roswell)
15   Wil Appleton   QB   5-11   196   FR   Albertville, Ala. (Albertville)
15   Jordyn PetersHear how to pronounce Jordyn Peters   DB   6-1   185   FR   Muscle Shoals, Ala. (Muscle Shoals)
16   Devin AdamsHear how to pronounce Devin Adams   QB   6-3   244   JR   Mobile, Ala. (Mississippi Delta CC)
16   Malcolm AskewHear how to pronounce Malcolm Askew   DB   5-11   182   FR   McCalla, Ala. (McAdory)
17   Marquis McClainHear how to pronounce Marquis McClain   WR   6-2   226   RS FR   Crestview, Fla. (Crestview)
18   Jayvaughn MyersHear how to pronounce Jayvaughn Myers   DB   6-1   192   RS FR   Dade City, Fla. (Pasco)
19   Nick RuffinHear how to pronounce Nick Ruffin   DB   6-0   202   SR   Duluth, Ga. (St. Pius X)
20   Jeremiah DinsonHear how to pronounce Jeremiah Dinson   DB   6-0   186   SO   Miami, Fla. (American)
21   Kerryon JohnsonHear how to pronounce Kerryon Johnson   RB   6-0   212   JR   Huntsville, Ala. (Madison Academy)
21   Traivon LeonardHear how to pronounce Traivon Leonard   DB   6-0   191   FR   West Palm Beach, Fla. (Oxbridge Academy)
22   John Broussard Jr.Hear how to pronounce John Broussard Jr.   DB   5-11   172   SO   Phenix City, Ala. (Central)
23   Ryan DavisHear how to pronounce Ryan Davis   WR   5-9   175   JR   St. Petersburg, Fla. (Lakewood)
24   Daniel ThomasHear how to pronounce Daniel Thomas   DB   5-11   203   SO   Montgomery, Ala. (Robert E. Lee)
25   Alex MedaryHear how to pronounce Alex Medary   FB   6-0   186   FR   Orlando, Fla. (Lake Highland Prep)
25   Jason SmithHear how to pronounce Jason Smith   DB   6-1   186   SR   Mobile, Ala. (Mississippi Gulf Coast CC)
26   Anders Carlson   K   6-5   200   FR   Colorado Springs, Colo. (Classical Academy)
27   Chandler CoxHear how to pronounce Chandler Cox   FB   6-1   239   JR   Apopka, Fla. (Apopka)
28   Tray MatthewsHear how to pronounce Tray Matthews   DB   6-1   209   SR   Newnan, Ga. (Georgia)
28   JaTarvious WhitlowHear how to pronounce JaTarvious Whitlow   WR   6-0   216   FR   LaFayette, Ala. (LaFayette)
29   Jaylen McGriffHear how to pronounce Jaylen McGriff   DB   6-0   207   JR   Brentwood, Tenn. (Savannah State)
29   Tyler StovallHear how to pronounce Tyler Stovall   H   6-0   213   SR   Hokes Bluff, Ala. (Hokes Bluff)
30   Tre' WilliamsHear how to pronounce Tre   LB   6-2   225   SR   Mobile, Ala. (St. Paul's Episcopal)
31   Sage LedbetterHear how to pronounce Sage Ledbetter   K   6-0   181   RS FR   Auburn, Ala. (Auburn)
31   Chandler WootenHear how to pronounce Chandler Wooten   LB   6-2   237   FR   Acworth, Ga. (North Cobb)
32   Malik MillerHear how to pronounce Malik Miller   RB   5-11   225   RS FR   Huntsville, Ala. (Madison Academy)
32   Sam SherrodHear how to pronounce Sam Sherrod   DB   5-11   198   RS FR   Birmingham, Ala. (Briarwood Christian)
33   K.J. BrittHear how to pronounce K.J. Britt   LB   6-0   239   FR   Oxford, Ala. (Oxford)
33   Will HastingsHear how to pronounce Will Hastings   WR   5-10   167   JR   Little Rock, Ark. (Pulaski Academy)
35   Tanner Dean   LB   6-3   202   FR   Birmingham, Ala. (Mountain Brook)
35   James Owens MossHear how to pronounce James Owens Moss   WR   5-9   184   RS FR   Opelika, Ala. (Opelika)
36   Kamryn PettwayHear how to pronounce Kamryn Pettway   RB   6-0   235   JR   Montgomery, Ala. (Prattville)
37   Brock Campbell   DB   6-0   195   SR   Birmingham, Ala. (Chelsea)
37   C.J. TolbertHear how to pronounce C.J. Tolbert   RB   5-7   187   JR   Dadeville, Ala. (Harding)
38   Daniel CarlsonHear how to pronounce Daniel Carlson   K   6-4   223   SR   Colorado Springs, Colo. (Classical Academy)
39   Robert MuschampHear how to pronounce Robert Muschamp   LB   6-1   244   SO   Rome, Ga. (Darlington)
40   Eugene GovanHear how to pronounce Eugene Govan   RB   5-7   186   SO   Grovetown, Ga. (Grovetown)
40   Beau Horn   K/P   5-9   192   FR   Mobile, Ala. (Mobile Christian)
41   Josh FrenchHear how to pronounce Josh French   LB   5-11   209   RS FR   Birmingham, Ala. (Shades Valley)
41   Aidan MarshallHear how to pronounce Aidan Marshall   P   5-11   163   FR   Winchester, Va. (Handley)
42   Keenan SweeneyHear how to pronounce Keenan Sweeney   FB   6-0   237   SR   Snellville, Ga. (Brookwood)
42   Tre' ThreatHear how to pronounce Tre   LB   6-1   244   SO   Mobile, Ala. (Spanish Fort)
43   Cedric ChambersHear how to pronounce Cedric Chambers   RB   5-7   187   SO   Valley, Ala. (Valley)
43   Ian ShannonHear how to pronounce Ian Shannon   K/P   6-3   222   SO   Marietta, Ga. (Marietta)
44   Barrett Tindall   LB   6-0   202   FR   Birmingham, Ala. (Briarwood)
45   Chase CramerHear how to pronounce Chase Cramer   FB   5-10   205   SO   Orlando, Fla. (The First Academy)
45   Jacob RogersHear how to pronounce Jacob Rogers   DB   5-11   205   RS FR   Goodwater, Ala. (Benjamin Russell)
46   Devin Guice   DB   5-8   160   RS FR   Opelika, Ala. (Opelika)
46   Caleb KingHear how to pronounce Caleb King   TE   6-3   218   SR   Huntsville, Ala. (Mercer)
47   Craig Carter   LB   5-11   198   SO   Milton, Ga. (West Georgia)
47   John Samuel ShenkerHear how to pronounce John Samuel Shenker   TE   6-3   235   FR   Albany, Ga. (Colquitt County)
48   Montavious AtkinsonHear how to pronounce Montavious Atkinson   LB   6-1   218   JR   Fairburn, Ga. (Langston Hughes)
49   Darrell WilliamsHear how to pronounce Darrell Williams   LB   6-2   244   JR   Hoover, Ala. (Hoover)
50   Casey DunnHear how to pronounce Casey Dunn   OL   6-4   292   SR   Trussville, Ala. (Jacksonville State)
50   Chase RitterHear how to pronounce Chase Ritter   LB   5-10   205   SR   Wetumpka, Ala. (Saint James)
51   Richard McBrydeHear how to pronounce Richard McBryde   LB   6-1   237   SO   Troy, Ala. (Charles Henderson)
52   Nick BrahmsHear how to pronounce Nick Brahms   OL   6-3   276   FR   Navarre, Fla. (Navarre)
53   Phelps Gambill   OL   6-5   282   FR   Nashville, Tenn. (Bell Academy)
53   Clarke SmithHear how to pronounce Clarke Smith   LS   6-3   226   RS FR   Leeds, Ala. (Leeds)
54   Kaleb KimHear how to pronounce Kaleb Kim   OL   6-4   293   SO   Buford, Ga. (Mill Creek)
55   T.D. MoultryHear how to pronounce T.D. Moultry   LB   6-2   240   FR   Birmingham, Ala. (Jackson-Olin)
56   Tashawn ManningHear how to pronounce Tashawn Manning   DL   6-3   320   FR   Apopka, Fla. (Wekiva)
57   Deshaun DavisHear how to pronounce Deshaun Davis   LB   5-11   246   JR   Prichard, Ala. (Vigor)
58   Josh ShockleyHear how to pronounce Josh Shockley   LB   5-10   224   SR   Locust Grove, Ga. (Eagle's Landing Christian Acad.)
59   Brodarious HammHear how to pronounce Brodarious Hamm   OL   6-5   344   FR   Griffin, Ga. (Spalding)
60   Bill TaylorHear how to pronounce Bill Taylor   LS   6-3   227   FR   Northport, Ala. (American Christian Academy)
61   Ryan MeneelyHear how to pronounce Ryan Meneely   OL   6-2   322   SO   McDonough, Ga. (Eagle's Landing Christian Acad.)
62   Jaunta'vius JohnsonHear how to pronounce Jaunta   DL   6-2   324   SO   Lincoln, Ala. (Lincoln)
63   Peyton NanceHear how to pronounce Peyton Nance   OL   5-11   318   FR   Attalla, Ala. (Etowah)
64   Mike HortonHear how to pronounce Mike Horton   OL   6-4   318   SO   Atlanta, Ga. (Lakeside)
66   Bailey SharpHear how to pronounce Bailey Sharp   OL   6-5   300   SO   Marietta, Ga. (Sprayberry)
67   Tyler CarrHear how to pronounce Tyler Carr   OL   6-5   316   SO   Southside, Ala. (Southside)
68   Austin TroxellHear how to pronounce Austin Troxell   OL   6-6   292   FR   Gurley, Ala. (Madison Academy)
69   Ike PowellHear how to pronounce Ike Powell   LS   6-3   267   SR   Tifton, Ga. (Tift County)
70   Calvin AshleyHear how to pronounce Calvin Ashley   OL   6-6   350   FR   Orlando, Fla. (St. John's College)
71   Braden SmithHear how to pronounce Braden Smith   OL   6-6   303   SR   Olathe, Kan. (Olathe South)
72   Prince Micheal Sammons   OL   6-7   292   RS FR   Blanchester, Ohio (Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy)
73   Austin GolsonHear how to pronounce Austin Golson   OL   6-5   312   SR   Prattville, Ala. (Ole Miss)
74   Wilson BellHear how to pronounce Wilson Bell   OL   6-5   355   SR   Mobile, Ala. (Florida State)
75   Trent KelleyHear how to pronounce Trent Kelley   OL   6-5   280   FR   Phenix City, Ala. (Central)
76   Prince Tega WanoghoHear how to pronounce Prince Tega Wanogho   OL   6-7   301   SO   Montgomery, Ala. (Edgewood Academy)
77   Marquel HarrellHear how to pronounce Marquel Harrell   OL   6-3   308   SO   Fairburn, Ga. (Creekside)
78   Darius JamesHear how to pronounce Darius James   OL   6-4   324   SR   Killeen, Texas (Texas)
79   Andrew WilliamsHear how to pronounce Andrew Williams   DL   6-4   286   JR   McDonough, Ga. (Eagle's Landing Christian Acad.)
80   Sal CannellaHear how to pronounce Sal Cannella   TE   6-5   228   SO   Schaumburg, Ill. (Scottsdale CC)
81   Darius SlaytonHear how to pronounce Darius Slayton   WR   6-2   190   SO   Norcross, Ga. (Greater Atlanta Christian)
82   Pete BerrymanHear how to pronounce Pete Berryman   TE   6-3   221   SR   Birmingham, Ala. (Mountain Brook)
85   Jalen HarrisHear how to pronounce Jalen Harris   TE   6-4   252   JR   Montgomery, Ala. (St. James)
86   Tucker BrownHear how to pronounce Tucker Brown   TE   6-3   288   JR   Trussville, Ala. (Hewitt-Trussville)
87   Pace Ozmint   WR   6-1   181   RS FR   Glencoe, Ala. (Glencoe)
89   Griffin KingHear how to pronounce Griffin King   WR   5-10   180   SO   Atlanta, Ga. (Marist School)
91   Nick CoeHear how to pronounce Nick Coe   DL   6-5   270   RS FR   Asheboro, N.C. (Asheboro)
92   Alec JacksonHear how to pronounce Alec Jackson   DL   6-5   280   FR   Montgomery, Ala. (Jefferson Davis)
93   Tyler Carter   DL   6-1   270   SR   Decatur, Ala. (Decatur)
94   Tyrone TruesdellHear how to pronounce Tyrone Truesdell   DL   6-2   338   FR   Augusta, Ga. (Lucy Laney)
95   Dontavius RussellHear how to pronounce Dontavius Russell   DL   6-3   310   JR   Carrollton, Ga. (Carrollton)
97   Gary WalkerHear how to pronounce Gary Walker   DL   5-11   270   SO   Toccoa, Ga. (Stephens County)
99   Spencer Nigh   FB   6-0   270   SO   Magnolia, Texas (Magnolia)

Hogindasticks

90% from Florida, Georgia and Alabama.....about 3% from Texas...

a0ashle

Quote from: King Kong on November 23, 2017, 01:39:25 pm
Because sometimes DC as HC still have bad defenses. Strong, Pelini and Bielema seem to come to mind

That's not really an answer, that can be said of offensive HC and bad offenses.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 23, 2017, 05:02:53 pm
Can you operationalize the word "retread" for us? Would Saban be a retread? Dabo? Urban? Jimbo? What exactly qualifies a coach for "retread" status?

". a repeating,  or reworking of an old or familiar idea, story, etc., especially when unimaginative or hackneyed; rehash" 

Trying to bring back any of Nutt, BP, of Gus and hope that they can somehow repeat or revise or carry on what they've done here or elsewhere in the past.

None of your examples would be a retread.  I'm specifically referring to coaches that have been here in the past.  Anyone that's going to immediately start with a bunch of negative history with the fans.

bphi11ips

Quote from: grayhawg on November 23, 2017, 05:35:52 pm

Malzahn was born October 28, 1965. He just turned 52.

We should have hired Malzahn in 2007. The excuse was he had no experience. We should have hired Malzahn in 2012. The excuse was he only had one year head coaching experience (forget the NC as OC).  Now the excuse is he is too old.

ROTFLMAO
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

grayhawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 23, 2017, 08:09:52 pm

We should have hired Malzahn in 2007. The excuse was he had no experience. We should have hired Malzahn in 2012. The excuse was he only had one year head coaching experience (forget the NC as OC).  Now the excuse is he is too old.

ROTFLMAO
My bad, I seen when he was born and still got it wrong and no he's not too old but may win his way out of the job.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 23, 2017, 05:02:53 pm

Anyone who's making nearly $5M and bailing because expectations are too high.

Ben Steiger

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 23, 2017, 07:59:57 am
The return of Malzahn brings with it several problems and as far as Norvell goes, I'm not certain that he is the answer either.

Muskogee, I respect and follow your answers and insight carefully on this board; would you care to elaborate?
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Dropkick

ROTFLMAO
So we should have hired Gus after he had one year of HC experience but we shouldn't hire Norvell cause he only has 2?
Hogville logic.

bphi11ips

Quote from: grayhawg on November 23, 2017, 08:14:56 pm
My bad, I seen when he was born and still got it wrong and no he's not too old but may win his way out of the job.

I wasn't directing that at you as much as those saying Malzahn is too old. The multitude of excuses not to hire Malzahn over the years is comical. Razorbacks fans can't get out of their own way. That's why the guys who know what they're doing finally said enough.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Dropkick on November 23, 2017, 08:34:55 pm
So we should have hired Gus after he had one year of HC experience but we shouldn't hire Norvell cause he only has 2?
Hogville logic.

Did I say anything about Norvell?

hogfan1983

Just throwing this out there, our last 2 hires came out of nowhere. I never heard one thing about either coach coming to Arkansas less than a few hours before it was announced. I did hear the same "realtor" rumor about a few other coaches but the actual choice was never in the mix. Also, it does not make sense that Gus would be hired here when he can't seal the deal at Auburn. What about someone with professional and college experience that may be looking to make a splash back in college? (NOT GRUDEN) Just wondering what the thoughts are there?

HoopS

ROTFLMAO
yep. Some just need to be honest and say they just don't want him instead of dressing it up as something else.

It's kinda like the ones who said Cam won it by himself. Ok. So you're saying his offense is good enough to win it all if we can just get that one great QB? No. Cam was just a freak. Oh, ok. And then he got back there with a former CB Marshall at QB. Crickets

It also used to be that his offense would KILL their own defense. And now, their D is great two years running but it is because suddenly Steele is a great DC. Nevermind this very board would have melted down a couple years ago had we hired Steele when Gus did.

It's very entertaining trying to keep up with the hypocrisy.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Ben Steiger on November 23, 2017, 08:34:15 pm
Muskogee, I respect and follow your answers and insight carefully on this board; would you care to elaborate?

NWA drama queens. Nobody outside of Hogville posters care. No offense, Muskogee, but enough is enough. I said here years ago we would regret not hiring Malzahn and most Razorbacks fans do. The GOBN definitely does. We didn't because of the soap opera.

It's not the folks outside of NWA who don't want Malzahn. It's a handfull of shrill NWA residents who refuse to shut up.

The Hawg Marshal

There may be plenty of reasons to not want Gus, but saying he is too old is not one of them. 52 is not old for a veteran coach.

Dropkick

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 23, 2017, 08:39:20 pm
Did I say anything about Norvell?

Not necessarily you but is the common knock on Norvell on this board. If a coach has got "IT" the lack of experience won't hold him back.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Ben Steiger on November 23, 2017, 08:34:15 pm

Gus (as a HC) has had top ten classes at Auburn and he hasn't done a lot with those. If you can't get it done with top 10 classes, how are you going to get it done with lower ranked classes in the same division? We aren't going to suddenly jump up into the top ten in recruiting if he comes here. He may win 1 or 2 more than we did in 2014, 2015 and 2016, but that doesn't put us in contention for the West.

Another factor is that for at least part of the fan base, he has a negative history here that goes back to his departure from the program when Nutt was in charge and the kids he left behind in doing so. I won't get into that because this shouldn't turn into a discussion of something that happened 10 years ago, but there are still negative feelings about that and it will come back to the fore front of discussions the first time he stubs his toe here as a HC.

Norvell is probably a really good coach, but with just under two years at the helm of a G-5 program and given that he is still benefiting from the groundwork laid by Fuentes, I think he needs to prove that he can sustain a program before he merits consideration for a P-5 job and especially one in the SEC. Now he might work out just fine, but the possibility certainly exists that an SEC HC'ing job might be a tad too much, too soon.

I guess any HC that you hire is at least a bit of gamble, but why take bigger gambles than you have to take just because you are unhappy with what Bielema has produced?

Gus hasn't "done more with less" at Auburn. Norvell has certainly done more with less at Memphis, but the majority of his schedule is still G-5 schools, not the SEC grind.

I'd just rather see us go after and throw the bank at a guy who has proven over time that he has won more, with less talent at his disposal. I think that is a key factor for Arkansas to be successful. There are a lot of things that I would like to see in the new HC from an offensive and defensive standpoint, but the first thing is consistently overachieving at the P-5 level with what he has to work with in terms of talent. JMO
Go Hogs Go!

Scott7703

So no real info. Still Gus' job to turn down.

Dropkick

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 23, 2017, 08:52:19 pm
Gus (as a HC) has had top ten classes at Auburn and he hasn't done a lot with those. If you can't get it done with top 10 classes, how are you going to get it done with lower ranked classes in the same division? We aren't going to suddenly jump up into the top ten in recruiting if he comes here. He may win 1 or 2 more than we did in 2014, 2015 and 2016, but that doesn't put us in contention for the West.

Another factor is that for at least part of the fan base, he has a negative history here that goes back to his departure from the program when Nutt was in charge and the kids he left behind in doing so. I won't get into that because this shouldn't turn into a discussion of something that happened 10 years ago, but there are still negative feelings about that and it will come back to the fore front of discussions the first time he stubs his toe here as a HC.

Norvell is probably a really good coach, but with just under two years at the helm of a G-5 program and given that he is still benefiting from the groundwork laid by Fuentes, I think he needs to prove that he can sustain a program before he merits consideration for a P-5 job and especially one in the SEC. Now he might work out just fine, but the possibility certainly exists that an SEC HC'ing job might be a tad too much, too soon.

I guess any HC that you hire is at least a bit of gamble, but why take bigger gambles than you have to take just because you are unhappy with what Bielema has produced?

Gus hasn't "done more with less" at Auburn. Norvell has certainly done more with less at Memphis, but the majority of his schedule is still G-5 schools, not the SEC grind.

I'd just rather see us go after and throw the bank at a guy who has proven over time that he has won more, with less talent at his disposal. I think that is a key factor for Arkansas to be successful. There are a lot of things that I would like to see in the new HC from an offensive and defensive standpoint, but the first thing is consistently overachieving at the P-5 level with what he has to work with in terms of talent. JMO
Leach? If so I could get on board with that.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Dropkick on November 23, 2017, 08:59:26 pm
Leach? If so I could get on board with that.

Patterson, Stoops, Or someone with Texas ties to recruiting.. I could see that, but I think it's a 2 man race right now.. someone may have to write a letter and the type of coach with that type of name isn't going to do that.