Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Chad Morris Show

Started by The NewEra, December 12, 2017, 12:34:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

On Sunday nights might be a great one.  If he does like Petrino did and explain the plays in detail it could be a great learning experience.  He's a teacher at heart so it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Wildhog

I really miss Petrino's show.  Hopefully Morris' is similar.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The NewEra

Quote from: Kevin on December 12, 2017, 12:34:57 pm
A new sponsor red bull

LOL, now that would be a natural.

Quote from: Wildhog on December 12, 2017, 12:34:43 pm

Me too!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

A new sponsor red bull

If I worked for Red Bull I'd stay away from him... >40 + hyperactive = coronary... Coronary x sponsorship = conclusions that product is a killer...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

michiganhog65

"Hammer Time" with Chad Morris

wpswillriseagain

Was just talking to my dad about how good Petrino's Show was compared to Bret's. Hopefully Chad's is similar in breaking down plays and explaining the QB's reads. I miss that show a lot. It was great chalk talk

DeltaBoy

Bobby's were the Best since Lou was on TV at Arkansas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JONAS

Kevin

full tilt boogie with chad morris
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ronmahony

Yeah like everyone else I enjoyed Petrino's show. He had a great way of explaining things. Only watched one of BB's. I can't wait to see if Morris does like Savanna on his pressers. Instead of a coke, come out and put up a can of Red Bull, only I don't believe it would stay unopened!
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Vantage 8 dude

Just as an aside when mentioning Red Bull. My wife and I were on a trip this past fall to Austria and out of no where in the middle of the Austrian countryside appeared a very slick, modern building with the famous Red Bull emblem. Found out it was the world headquarters. Almost stopped in, however, both wife and I had had more than our shot of caffeine for the day and didn't need another "fix" at that point. Will say they have a lovely building with a very neat water feature out front.
Now I can envision much of their profits coming from half way around the world directly from the Hill ;) ;D

Razor1997

Anyone remember Danny Ford's show?  They should have provided subtitles for that one.

JONAS

Quote from: Razor1997 on December 12, 2017, 04:36:40 pm
Anyone remember Danny Ford's show?  They should have provided subtitles for that one.

I only saw a few of his.  I liked Hatfield's show.

buldozer

I hope he puts on a show like Petrino did, that was very entertaining. Nothing to learn much from the CBB show and it was all boring replays of the game. Other than a few segments put together to focus on a sinigle player the CBB show wasn't worth watching.

Pigasaurus

"Good tackle 67, 23 got to make that catch. "
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

HogHomer

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 12, 2017, 02:55:50 pm
Just as an aside when mentioning Red Bull. My wife and I were on a trip this past fall to Austria and out of no where in the middle of the Austrian countryside appeared a very slick, modern building with the famous Red Bull emblem. Found out it was the world headquarters. Almost stopped in, however, both wife and I had had more than our shot of caffeine for the day and didn't need another "fix" at that point. Will say they have a lovely building with a very neat water feature out front.
Now I can envision much of their profits coming from half way around the world directly from the Hill ;) ;D
Did you happen to be in Salzburg?

jcharkansas

Quote from: Wildhog on December 12, 2017, 12:34:43 pm
Me too man, I loved watching him break down the plays, especially when we beat georgia. I think I learned more about football there than when I actually played. That would be great if he did his show like that. After I realized what Bielema's show was I quit recording it.

JONAS

Quote from: pigasaurus on December 12, 2017, 06:59:43 pm

I remember that now.  He didn't know anybody's name.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: ronmahony on December 12, 2017, 02:51:09 pm
Yeah like everyone else I enjoyed Petrino's show. He had a great way of explaining things. Only watched one of BB's. I can't wait to see if Morris does like Savanna on his pressers. Instead of a coke, come out and put up a can of Red Bull, only I don't believe it would stay unopened!
That is exactly my take. Enjoyed Petrino's show and his analysis, and only watched one of Bielema's. That was the worst garbage I've ever seen. ZERO effort put into it...just a bunch of canned segments, with the 'live' parts being taped right after the game so there was no time for reflection at all. A horrible coach's show. It can only get better.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: JONAS on December 12, 2017, 08:23:53 pm
I remember that now.  He didn't know anybody's name.
Ford's show was worthless for football, but good for the comedy.
You got to learn what a 'scientific rocket', for example.
I remember in 1997 President Clinton attended a game in LR. On the show, they showed a clip of the motorcade leaving and all Danny could come up with was '....and, uh, there he goes there...'
And then it was back to stuff like 'that was a good play by uh...uh......Smith'

The Kig

Met him in person when a friend played for him.  Bona-fide retard. May be one of the dumbest coaches I have ever met...and that's sayin something. 
Poker Porker

sowmonella

Quote from: The Kig on December 12, 2017, 11:54:07 pm

Met him in person when a friend played for him.  Bona-fide retard. May be one of the dumbest coaches I have ever met...and that's sayin something. 
Danny might have seemed dumb to you but he is the youngest coach to ever win a National Championship. He also set the foundation for our 1998 and 1999 seasons with his recruiting.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

NuttinItUp

A new sponsor red bull

I assume Red Bull is not a Pepsi product?

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: sowmonella on December 13, 2017, 12:15:59 am
Danny might have seemed dumb to you but he is the youngest coach to ever win a National Championship. He also set the foundation for our 1998 and 1999 seasons with his recruiting.
Here's how I reconcile, in hindsight. Ford's 'success' at Clemson versus average 5 years at Arkansas.
It was well known there was a lot of cheating at Clemson in the 80s. Didn't say Ford was directing it, I don't know that one way or the other. But it eventually got him run out, regardless.

Secondly, Ford no doubt did some good things at Ark. He won the West in 1995. He also left Houston Nutt a good team in 1998. However, I'm one of the people who thinks the same team under Ford in 1998 wouldn't have done that well. It was very rag-tag, unorganized bunch of Hogs in 1997 and it was time for a change.

synthartist69

Well, unlike the BB show, we will no longer get play by play on what to order at Catfish Hole.

Snout team

Quote from: pigasaurus on December 12, 2017, 06:59:43 pm

And lots of "They".  Did he ever begin referring to the team as "we" or "us"?    ;D  Ford did some good things here but it was always an odd fit.  I remember one of the guys (may have been Booger) on ESPN saying when he came to recruit him, Ford sat on the couch and put his boots up on the coffee table.  He said he knew right then he wasn't going to Arkansas based on his mom's reaction.   :)

Gotta say though, he was one intense coach when he was at Clemson.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

DeltaBoy

I expect it to be way better.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.