Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We have our own "Catfish Hole" here in SW Ark

Started by labb, December 11, 2017, 10:43:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BallHog1

Quote from: goodguytex on December 14, 2017, 09:19:42 am
Ok... I'll accept his apology. And I don't think I have anything to apologize for. I didn't start an argument about catfish. Neither did I start with the insults. That's on him. He's trolling hard so it is what it is.
Look, an olive branch was extended. Do the right thing here. Make the apology and move on so we all can put this behind us. It will never go away if you don't face it and deal with it.

hassettsportsman

With age comes wisdom.  As one of the proud patrons of S. Ark catfish establishments, we already know how tasty it can be down here.  I'm more than willing to travel to the so-called temples of 'catfishdoom' to compare.  As for those who enjoy total immersion therapy...ie noodling and enjoy boasting about their triumphs, please share any of your published articles or scientific research.  Continuing to learn should be everyone's mandate. 

HoopS

Quote from: hassettsportsman on December 14, 2017, 10:21:13 am
With age comes wisdom.  As one of the proud patrons of S. Ark catfish establishments, we already know how tasty it can be down here.  I'm more than willing to travel to the so-called temples of 'catfishdoom' to compare.  As for those who enjoy total immersion therapy...ie noodling and enjoy boasting about their triumphs, please share any of your published articles or scientific research.  Continuing to learn should be everyone's mandate. 
clealry it gets very testy. Agreed.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: majestic on December 14, 2017, 09:26:13 am
I'm in town on business. I normally come down once or twice each quarter. I'm taking my staff out for lunch or I'd take you up on your offer. Maybe next time? Why are you in Batesville, btw? 

I actually live in Pleasant Plains now.  I pastor a small church here.  I'm about 15 miles south of Batesville.

Offer is always open.
Retired Radio Host

The OTR

Quote from: HoopS on December 14, 2017, 10:49:27 am
clealry it gets very testy. Agreed.

Catfish and Christmas brings out the best and worst in some people.

Clearly goodguytex isn't going to live up to his name. He's gonna sulk around in here and keep talking up south Arkansas mud cats like they were some kind of delicacy. If he and I ever end up at the catfish hole at the same time I'll buy his dinner. That's how much I want this thread to heal.

Torqued pork

WMS could start offering good catfish and sides at Hog games. It would probably swing the GSD in its favor. We in eastern and southern Arkansas love our hillbilly halibut.

majestic

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 14, 2017, 11:01:31 am
I actually live in Pleasant Plains now.  I pastor a small church here.  I'm about 15 miles south of Batesville.

Offer is always open.
Thanks. I drive right through PP twice on each trip down. I might give you shout next time.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

HoopS

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on December 14, 2017, 12:14:17 pm

Clearly goodguytex isn't going to live up to his name. He's gonna sulk around in here and keep talking up south Arkansas mud cats like they were some kind of delicacy. If he and I ever end up at the catfish hole at the same time I'll buy his dinner. That's how much I want this thread to heal.
we all (most of us anyway) see you trying to grab this thread by the gills and pull it out of the mud and muck. Some seem to enjoy the slime and grit. It's hard to watch a true gentlenoodler being disrespected and squabbled with like this.

AFhawg

Quote from: HOGKING on December 11, 2017, 01:40:19 pm
I love both places. I grew up in South Arkansas and have been to the fish bowl many times. The biggest difference is with the hushpuppies, it is what gives the catfish hole the edge.
Quote from: 010HogFan on December 11, 2017, 01:24:00 pm
I'm sorry, I just don't like the catfish at the Catfish Hole :( preference I guess.

It's too flat and the breading is always on edge of being burnt. I've had way better catfish in NWA than Catfish Hole. Catfish John's and Flying Fish in Rogers both have really good, thick pieces of catfish.

Garland City in SW Arkansas has two catfish restaurants that are just excellent. Westshore and Doc's are right on the river so I'd be shocked if it didn't come from there. It's a must try if you're ever in the area.

I can vouch for Doc's...been there several times.  Delicious!!!

goodguytex

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on December 14, 2017, 09:43:23 am
Not going to hold my breath although I can hold my breath longer than most due to my extensive noodling experience.
Please hold your breath.... And don't stop. Maybe you'll quit trolling for awhile. Or talking nonsense... Or whatever dumb crap you're doing.

mulerider76

Spruell's (sp) south of Garland city down on the La line is dang good too.  Not sure it's even open but they served both fillets and whole yearlings.
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

The Hawg Marshal

Doe's in Little Rock used to have pretty good catfish. I haven't been there in some time though so that may have changed.

BallHog1

Quote from: goodguytex on December 14, 2017, 02:41:16 pm
Please hold your breath.... And don't stop. Maybe you'll quit trolling for awhile. Or talking nonsense... Or whatever dumb crap you're doing.
Well this is disappointing...I can't help you if you won't help yourself. You'll eventually understand someday that making things right when you need to is the fastest way to get back on track and heal. Holding in anger and refusing to admit a mistake is a mistake in itself.
I wish you a great holiday and new year Goodguy, hope things are better in 2018.

The OTR

Quote from: BallHog1 on December 14, 2017, 04:17:08 pm
Well this is disappointing...I can't help you if you won't help yourself. You'll eventually understand someday that making things right when you need to is the fastest way to get back on track and heal. Holding in anger and refusing to admit a mistake is a mistake in itself.
I wish you a great holiday and new year Goodguy, hope things are better in 2018.

I give up.  No more Mr. Nice Guy for me.  Goodguytex can't seem to grasp how wrong he is about catfish and is as sulky as he can be about everything else, too.

HogimusMaximus

Ballhog...I appreciate your efforts to broker peace between myself and goodguytex (that seems like an odd name for someone with such a sour attitude about catfish and everything else). 

We need more of this kind of good work in here.  There's a lot of raw feelings in MMQB, mostly caused by the following people in no particular order

Hoginmemphis
Pig in the pokey
goodguytex
Ponderin Hog

HogInMemphis is just a plain old ahole.  Dont expect anything from him.  I bet he wouldnt say most of the things he says directly to other people, he is a real big man hiding behind his name.
That new Baylor kid
Pork Rind Jimmy

It would be nice to get an apology from all these folks and go into the holidays with some peace and good will.  But I am doubtful that these folks believe they have done anything wrong so getting an apology out of them will be like getting blood from a turnip. 

I like catfish. In fact I ate a bit plate of catfish at Yesterday's in Morrilton Tuesday night, a place ballhog and I have broken bread together in the past.  It was pretty good catfish and I got a few big shrimps with that platter as well.  I do know it was better than anything served up by the fish bowl and it's not even in my top five catfish places around. 

It's sad that the people in South Arkansas don't know what good catfish is. It's funny in some ways but mostly it just makes me sad for them...and it's kind of funny too...but mostly sad.

If goodguytex would man up and apologize it would mean a lot to the people on this board looking for healing during this Christmas season.  Not going to hold my breath although I can hold my breath longer than most due to my extensive noodling experience.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 14, 2017, 04:07:50 pm
Doe's in Little Rock used to have pretty good catfish. I haven't been there in some time though so that may have changed.

Does sucks and is overpriced.

SoonerBaHog

Quote from: labb on December 11, 2017, 10:43:48 am
Our new Football coach showed up at the "Fish Bowl" located on lake Millwood when he came down to Ashdown to flip the Brown kid...Wish I could post the pic off of Face Book but am old and don't know how.

Brandon Wheeler shared Fish Bowl At Millwood's post.
1 hr ·
Arkansas New Head Coach Chad Morris showed up in my hometown over the weekend. Looks like he picked up an excellent recruit too...GO HOGS!!! No doubt in my mind that he is the right head coach and truly believe he will turn our program around!
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and indoor
Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor
No automatic alt text available.
+8
Fish Bowl At Millwood added 11 new photos.Like Page
3 hrs ·
Last night we had the pleasure of hosting some of the coaching staff of the ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS including new head coach Chad Morris (in our Razorback

I applaud you on this post sir.  It made me chuckle.

swinemaster

I just have to say, I didn't read this entire thread but the next time anyone gets their feelings hurt when an outsider calls Arky backwards hillbillies, just remember we have a 4 page thread debating deep fried catfish. 

Nuff said.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: majestic on December 13, 2017, 07:57:39 pm
Batesville is a strange town. I'm here (there) now. I swear this town would be 50k plus if there was any good way to get here.
I live in Batesville, and have to agree with you on that. It has been growing quite a bit the past couple of years. But with no major freeway system close by, it really stops its full potential of growth

The OTR

Quote from: swinemaster on December 14, 2017, 05:15:41 pm
I just have to say, I didn't read this entire thread but the next time anyone gets their feelings hurt when an outsider calls Arky backwards hillbillies, just remember we have a 4 page thread debating deep fried catfish. 

Nuff said.

You need to read last year's catfish thread.  It was at least six or seven pages...Maybe 9.

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on December 14, 2017, 06:44:45 pm
You need to read last year's catfish thread.  It was at least six or seven pages...Maybe 9.

What was good about it?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: goodguytex on December 12, 2017, 07:12:50 am
Both westshore and Docs are in Garland City. Hushpuupy I do believe was in doddridge. I think it's closed down now. Spruells was in doddridge as well and is also out of business.
Spruell & Beckhams, then just Spruell's served without a doubt the best catfish in Arkansas...I like whole catfish but not too big, about 6 inches long at most (after prepared and cooked)....I think Momma Spruell finally either died or got too old to keep it going and the place just shut down...but to show you how much stroke Spruell's Catfish had, the new 4 lane highway from Texarkana to Shreveport had a special exit made with a bridge over the highway where there wasn't one before...that just doesn't happen for any ol' business per request
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Johnny Bobo

So if a thread goes 9 pages, it's a good thread?

That makes zero sense

goodguytex

December 14, 2017, 07:05:54 pm #173 Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:46:55 pm by goodguytex
Quote from: Skandar Jackson on December 14, 2017, 04:24:07 pm
I give up.  No more Mr. Nice Guy for me.  Goodguytex can't seem to grasp how wrong he is about catfish and is as sulky as he can be about everything else, too.
Whatcha gonna do, son? Come down from your noodlin little cabin you live in under an outhouse and throw rotten catfish you swiped from the catfish hole at me?? I'm really skeered now boy! How big a boy  are ya??? Bring it boy??

goodguytex

And I retractin the apology you wanted from me son! You cain't even find your way out of a paper sack, much less hitch a ride south of fort Smith.

Maybe if ya quit holding Bielemas jock helping him eat rotten fish old Bret woulda done a little better running the football team.

dirtdobber

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on December 14, 2017, 12:14:17 pm

I thought you were retiring from Hogville?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: ThinPiggy on December 11, 2017, 09:22:47 pm
Nick's BBQ in Carlisle (30 miles east of LR) has the best Catfish in the State of Arkansas. I'm kind of a catfish connoisseur.

Tried Nick's once. Catfish tasted like it was cooked in the old dish water from a burnt cornbread pan.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 12, 2017, 12:02:17 pm
When I was a kid living in Camden we had a fish place called "Hushpuppy."  Same group?

We also had a Fred's Catfish back the 80's and 90's in Jonesboro.

There is still a Fred's Catfish in Batesville.  It is pretty good.

Hush puppy in Camden was fantastic. Catfish and hush puppies were the best. Shame it shut down. I bet they had the best fed raccoons in the state when they were in business.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hogz87

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 11, 2017, 01:46:20 pm
You should try the "Cadron Creek" fish house in Bee Branch, Arkansas and "Fred's Fish House" in Mountain Home, Arkansas.  Two more excellent places to get catfish.  "The Fish House" in Conway is not bad either.  I know that the fish in these places is farm raised and I have always assumed the same about the Catfish Hole which, by the way, I actially happen to like the one in Alma a lot better than the one in Fayetteville.
Alma's Catfish Hole is the original Catfish Hole, and yes, it's better than the one in Fayetteville.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: swinemaster on December 14, 2017, 05:15:41 pm

Nuff said.

This kind of anti-healing propaganda is not moving the thread forward.  May the next bicycle you jump on be missing a seat.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on December 11, 2017, 12:50:15 pm
I did NOT want to get into this today but I'm all mixed up in another catfish debate so here goes.

The Red River is fine for noodling catfish. I've noodled a bunch of big flatheads out of the river and it's one of my favorite places to noodle.

Having said that all these places that serve catfish in TX and south Arkansas probably aren't getting them from the Red River.  Maybe some gas stations are but I doubt too many restaurants are. If you can provide proof that they are then I'll be a big enough man to come in here and say I'm wrong.

Catfish hole has the best catfish in the state. They may get a little cheap when they're handing out fries but I ain't ever ate a bad piece of catfish from the catfish hole and if you think CBB would have packed on 150 pounds eating Red River south Arkansas catfish you are delusional. He put on that solid weight loading up on the all you can eat catch at the catfish hole and I'll beg anyone's pardon for disagreeing with that statement.

Pound for pound, this is the most accurate thing in this thread. Skandar is known for his prowess in the culinary arts. Along with being the best basketball player Logan County ever produced, he's spent more time catching and eatin catfish around the state than Delta has spent in here trying to revive civil war era vernacular.

Chorizo Hogriguez

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on December 14, 2017, 07:19:22 pm
Tried Nick's once. Catfish tasted like it was cooked in the old dish water from a burnt cornbread pan.

catfish at the Conoco Station in Rosebud is excellent

hawgwash

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on December 14, 2017, 07:24:37 pm
Hush puppy in Camden was fantastic. Catfish and hush puppies were the best. Shame it shut down. I bet they had the best fed raccoons in the state when they were in business.
And to answer UU's question, yes I'm pretty sure it was connected with the one between Texarkana and Ashdown.  That guy started in the late 60's or very early 70's and had a booming business.  He added the one in Camden and also Memphis and as I recall Las Vegas of all places.  When it was going good it was top notch.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hawgwash on December 14, 2017, 07:57:14 pm
And to answer UU's question, yes I'm pretty sure it was connected with the one between Texarkana and Ashdown.  That guy started in the late 60's or very early 70's and had a booming business.  He added the one in Camden and also Memphis and as I recall Las Vegas of all places.  When it was going good it was top notch.

I remember as a kid I loved when we had special speakers come in (My dad was also a pastor) because that meant we were going to The Hushpuppy. 

What  year did it close in Camden?  We were there from 77-84 and I thought it closed down before we left, but maybe not.
Retired Radio Host

Arky

craig's bbq in devalls bluff has the best fish......don't know if it comes from the red/white/Arkansas river or the koi pond out back of the courthouse but damn iffin it ain't good.....hushpuppies not so good.......cold beer too

HogPharmer

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on December 14, 2017, 07:02:19 pm
So if a thread goes 9 pages, it's a good thread?

That makes zero sense

You're obviously new here
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Arky

trippigs

Quote from: Chorizo Hogriguez on December 14, 2017, 07:51:59 pm
catfish at the Conoco Station in Rosebud is excellent

+1 for your name.....funny schitt

WorfHog

December 14, 2017, 08:48:00 pm #188 Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 12:29:18 pm by WorfHog
Quote from: majestic on December 13, 2017, 07:57:39 pm
Batesville is a strange town. I'm here (there) now. I swear this town would be 50k plus if there was any good way to get here.

My first roommate at the UofA was from Batesville, good guy. He told me that at one time the University was going to be build in Batesville, but they got a better offer in Fayetteville.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

cjack

Basically it's like this.  If you and I are from the same area, we can make fun of it or talk down about it if we want to. 

If you aren't,  don't talk shot about it without expecting a fight.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

The OTR

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on December 14, 2017, 07:48:22 pm
Pound for pound, this is the most accurate thing in this thread. Skandar is known for his prowess in the culinary arts. Along with being the best basketball player Logan County ever produced, he's spent more time catching and eatin catfish around the state than Delta has spent in here trying to revive civil war era vernacular.

Finally someone with some common sense weighing in on the topic.

The OTR

Quote from: goodguytex on December 14, 2017, 07:05:54 pm
Whatcha gonna do, son? Come down from your noodlin little cabin you live in under an outhouse and throw rotten catfish you swiped from the catfish hole at me?? I'm really skeered now boy! How big a boy  are ya??? Bring it boy??

This type of antagonistic post is just what was expected. 

I've noodled catfish that weigh more than I do so I'm no palooka. Mean?  Yep I'm mean but skin and bones and the more fried catfish I eat the leaner I get. 

I'm not ready to fight you...yet...but I'm thinking about it. 

Aunt_Razorback

Quote from: cjack on December 14, 2017, 08:52:49 pm
Basically it's like this.  If you and I are from the same area, we can make fun of it or talk down about it if we want to. 

If you aren't,  don't talk shot about it without expecting a fight.

This exactly no one can make AR jokes unless you live there. 👊🏼

I came back on here to see if goodguytext ever calmed down and apologized back and healing began. Was kinda let down 😕

hawgwash

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 14, 2017, 07:59:47 pm
I remember as a kid I loved when we had special speakers come in (My dad was also a pastor) because that meant we were going to The Hushpuppy. 

What  year did it close in Camden?  We were there from 77-84 and I thought it closed down before we left, but maybe not.
I don't know when it closed.  I used to drive through Camden in about '76 and '77 and I would see it then.  After that I wasn't driving through there.

goodguytex

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on December 14, 2017, 09:34:12 pm
This type of antagonistic post is just what was expected. 

I've noodled catfish that weigh more than I do so I'm no palooka. Mean?  Yep I'm mean but skin and bones and the more fried catfish I eat the leaner I get. 

I'm not ready to fight you...yet...but I'm thinking about it.
Get ready to meet up with me at the one lonely Alma sonic and I'll pour a milkshake on your fat head. And then make you like it Son!

Rudy Baylor

Ballhog...I appreciate your efforts to broker peace between myself and goodguytex (that seems like an odd name for someone with such a sour attitude about catfish and everything else). 

We need more of this kind of good work in here.  There's a lot of raw feelings in MMQB, mostly caused by the following people in no particular order

Hoginmemphis
Pig in the pokey
goodguytex
Ponderin Hog
That new Baylor kid
Pork Rind Jimmy

It would be nice to get an apology from all these folks and go into the holidays with some peace and good will.  But I am doubtful that these folks believe they have done anything wrong so getting an apology out of them will be like getting blood from a turnip. 

I like catfish. In fact I ate a bit plate of catfish at Yesterday's in Morrilton Tuesday night, a place ballhog and I have broken bread together in the past.  It was pretty good catfish and I got a few big shrimps with that platter as well.  I do know it was better than anything served up by the fish bowl and it's not even in my top five catfish places around. 

It's sad that the people in South Arkansas don't know what good catfish is. It's funny in some ways but mostly it just makes me sad for them...and it's kind of funny too...but mostly sad.

If goodguytex would man up and apologize it would mean a lot to the people on this board looking for healing during this Christmas season.  Not going to hold my breath although I can hold my breath longer than most due to my extensive noodling experience.

well I thought I felt my ears burning, and sure enough, here it is, and I'm not even mad, even though I got lumped in with people like porkrindjimmy and goodguytex (I have no idea who hog in memphis is)

As for me apologizing, I'm not sure what I've done wrong, but I don't mind apologizing anyway if it will help those in this thread to heal.

I am sorry. I'm very sorry. About what? I have no idea. All good though.

With that, I hope we can pull together here and cheer the flipped commitments being got by CCM, and heading into bowl season, we can pull together as a proud Razorback fanbase and pull for most of the SEC and some of the Big 12 teams and CUSA teams, and Mike Norvell.

As for the catfish debate, I've heard that much of the catfish served in Texas and SW Arkansas is actually farmed and shipped out of Vietnam, which is perfectly fine with me. My great aunt by marriage is from South Korea, courtesy of my old rascal uncle reeling her in after the Korean War, and that part of the world does indeed produce some fine catfish. As for the best however, I'm an NWA guy, from Central Ark originally, and I throw another vote in for Cadron Creek in Bee Branch as jvanhorn said one page one here.

Cadron Creek. That's the best. It's not even close.

As for those who disagree, again, I am sorry.

LZH

Double batter and deep fry fresh tilapia filets (gotta be near the gulf to find them) just as you would catfish. Serve with fries, hushpuppies, slaw, and raw onions.....you'll never think of catfish the same again.

As for Arkansas fish, gimme crappie or bass any day. Catfish is too 'gamey'.

HoopS

Quote from: goodguytex on December 15, 2017, 04:45:17 am
Get ready to meet up with me at the one lonely Alma sonic and I'll pour a milkshake on your fat head. And then make you like it Son!
I don't have the words.

How did you get to this point?

You have an olive branch, an exceptional one, being handed to you from Skandar, but you'd rather throw hands at him rather than apologize, accept the branch, and allow us all to heal over this mess. I don't get it.

hassettsportsman

I like this thread minus some petty differences.  It showcases some forgotten towns and foodies.  I'm OK with those who won't or haven't travelled south of the I 30/I 40 interchange....ever.  Besides, what are we to discuss until the new DC is named.  On another note, how many of you ate at the original Mexico Chiquito or it's neighbor Tak a Taco?  The Mexican spiced catfish was fantastic!