Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 16, 2024, 04:37:06 am

Bobby Allen

Started by litmachog, December 10, 2017, 07:25:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

litmachog

So Bobby Allen is no longer with the program?   How many years was here here?  Wasn't he with Petrino as well?  Nutt?

JONAS

He came with Nutt in 1998.

masbas3

They mentioned that he was still with the program on the pigtrail show today.

JONAS

Quote from: masbas3 on December 10, 2017, 07:31:54 pm
They mentioned that he was still with the program on the pigtrail show today.

I'm fine with that.

leroyhawg

Quote from: JONAS on December 10, 2017, 07:25:45 pm
He came with Nutt in 1998.
Leech, no Bobby is a class act, the foundation got their money's worth out of that family, Blood, sweat and tears.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

searkhogfan

Quote from: leroyhawg on December 10, 2017, 07:59:18 pm
Leech, no Bobby is a class act, the foundation got their money's worth out of that family, Blood, sweat and tears.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

netteltonhog

Bobby isn't going anywhere unless he chooses to. Kinda like tenure with John White and the other professors. 

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Took a day for Coach Morris to get him off his ass and out to some high schools.  Not a good look for our Dir. of HS relations to have only tweeted 54 times since 2012.

Bobby Allen's been stealing money as far as I'm concerned. His kids took 10 years worth of scholarships that could have gone to put some LB'rs or OL on the field seeing that he gets a discounted tuition rate for his kids.

If he's been kept on staff as the bagman, he's not done a very good job at that over the years.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Pork Twain

December 11, 2017, 01:15:42 am #9 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:25:03 am by Pork Twain
Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 11, 2017, 12:12:49 am
Took a day for Coach Morris to get him off his ass and out to some high schools.  Not a good look for our Dir. of HS relations to have only tweeted 54 times since 2012.

Bobby Allen's been stealing money as far as I'm concerned. His kids took 10 years worth of scholarships that could have gone to put some LB'rs or OL on the field seeing that he gets a discounted tuition rate for his kids.

If he's been kept on staff as the bagman, he's not done a very good job at that over the years.
Sounds like a lot of bitterness towards a man and family that have been true Hogs, far more than most.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

goodguytex

Both his sons did very well for the most part at Arkansas on the field.. Brandon led the SEC during his senior year in many categories. Austin did as well last year despite running for his life behind a rebuilt Oline.

Both Brandon and Austin we're recruited highly by major D1 programs. Austin in particular was recruited by Alabama. If Arkansas hadn't signed both of them it would've been seen as a failure and embarrassment for 2 coaching staffs.  Give the family some respect. They've more than earned it.

lakecityhog

You simply cannot fix stupid, so quit trying guys.

bigred223

Just a pure garbage post here. Move along.

Athog

A little bitter aren't we? He has been a Hog fan and contributor for a long time.
What have you done to be do critical?

hogsanity

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 11, 2017, 01:15:42 am
Sounds like a lot of bitterness towards a man and family that have been true Hogs, far more than most.

ever notice how often money comes up with people being critical of people at the UofA. Before it got trashed, my thread on the jealousy factor among some of our fans really stomped on some toes.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

Good and It good to see him out on the road.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Snouty

Where's Karma when you need it?

Vantage 8 dude

So obviously you don't think either one of his sons deserved to ever play for the Hogs. And of course Bobby's also been sitting back, soaking up the cash and not doing a damn thing all these many years ??? I do have to wonder where HV gets some of these yahoos ??? :puke:

Nipsey Mussle

So we have a terrible defense and terrible OL, but adding two total scholarship players over 10 years would've changed it all?

LOL

hotdog hog

Austin Allen was considered one of the top passing QBs in the SEC until he hit the wall one too many times, to steal a NASCAR term. He had nothing to work with this season. Brandon Allen went thru some growing pains but finished strong. Did one of the Allen boys steal your girlfriend or laugh at your haircut? Be nice!

Flrazrback

Brandon was a true gun slinger. Austin didn't have jack crap to work with this last season and that really wasn't his fault.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: lakecityhog on December 11, 2017, 06:40:54 am

Sometimes it's an inherited trait.

East Clintwood

Quote from: lakecityhog on December 11, 2017, 06:40:54 am

I don't think he's trying to fix it.  I think he's embracing it.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

SemperFi

He's been there so long that it would be weird not having him associated with the program in one way or another.

Brandon Allen was a very good Razorback, Austin Allen just didn't have the same tools to work with as did Brandon. Some of what we saw on the field was his own limitations, but a lot of it was the scheme.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: goodguytex on December 11, 2017, 01:38:26 am
Both his sons did very well for the most part at Arkansas on the field.. Brandon led the SEC during his senior year in many categories. Austin did as well last year despite running for his life behind a rebuilt unbuilt Oline.

Both Brandon and Austin we're recruited highly by major D1 programs. Austin in particular was recruited by Alabama. If Arkansas hadn't signed both of them it would've been seen as a failure and embarrassment for 2 coaching staffs.  Give the family some respect. They've more than earned it.

FIFY
This is my non-signature signature.

b-ball coach

We can all find fault in anyone's performance if we look hard enough. Both QB's were class acts, just like their dad and represented U of A well. Both QB's struggled at times on the field, but anyone who understands coaching knows the slow developing play action pass game was at fault. With a mediocre run game, predictable play cycles and a bad offensive line who could not sustain blocks for a slow play action drop passing game, any QB would struggle.

They never struggled off the field, in the classroom, out on a Saturday night, or during an interview. For all the struggles on the field, both were a picture of character and never blamed anyone or got into trouble off the field. Having said all that, I do believe the new coach should have the full discretion on selecting his staff. If CCM wanted to replace Bobby, he should be able to do it and we all know the RF could find something for him in their side. Thanks BA and AA for your time as hogs and your family should be very proud.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 12, 2017, 12:06:04 am
Sometimes it's an inherited trait.
On here I suspect it is often inbred.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

mizzouman

Quote from: thebignasty on December 10, 2017, 07:28:34 pm
Was still helping recruit as of yesterday:

http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/dec/09/coaches-tweet-ua-stint-at-end-20171209/

This article is vague, but if Bobby Allen was indeed 'on the road' recruiting, this would be a violation.

ricepig

Quote from: mizzouman on December 12, 2017, 08:19:50 am
This article is vague, but if Bobby Allen was indeed 'on the road' recruiting, this would be a violation.

Nope, since we are understaffed, we are able to petition the NCAA to allow other personnel to be eligible to recruit. We're allowed 9 plus the head coach in the recruiting period. You can use your recruiting director or any staff to fill in those numbers.

Hog Fan...DOH!

All Bobby Allen did was recruit Fred Talley and find Jason Peters.   

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on December 12, 2017, 08:24:18 am
Nope, since we are understaffed, we are able to petition the NCAA to allow other personnel to be eligible to recruit. We're allowed 9 plus the head coach in the recruiting period. You can use your recruiting director or any staff to fill in those numbers.

And ricepig slaps down the enemy.

jcbville

The people who impune Bobby Allen's character and family have no clue

hogginbama

Quote from: jcbville on December 12, 2017, 09:26:45 am
The people who impune Bobby Allen's character and family have no clue

Like a majority of the people, they will reach for anything to blame their pitiful lives on.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Smokehouse

Yeah, that bum Brandon Allen who has been on an NFL roster (not a practice squad) since he graduated. That only happens to guys who were a real waste of a scholarship.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

mizzouman

Quote from: ricepig on December 12, 2017, 08:24:18 am
Wow, then great for Arkansas. 

DeltaBoy

Bobby doing great and so did his boys for the UA.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pigatron

Wth do my posts get deleted?

pigatron

Ray_Finkle

wachhog

Quote from: Flrazrback on December 12, 2017, 12:04:19 am
Brandon was a true gun slinger. Austin didn't have jack crap to work with this last season and that really wasn't his fault.
This.  What a disappointment Bielema and his crew must have been to Austin. Not to mention his physical well being was put in jeopardy by the dough boy.i figure playing for B.B. had already blown his mind.

swineology

Show me on the doll where Bobby Allen or his family touched you.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: swineology on December 12, 2017, 05:55:24 pm
Show me on the doll where Bobby Allen or his family touched you.

Proud of all the posters putting the h8er in his place but this is by far my favorite.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: Flrazrback on December 12, 2017, 12:04:19 am

They were both really good QB's with terrible coaching and TERRIBLE Offensive Lines....TERRIBLE!!

TNarch

Since we are on the subject.  Yes, the Allen boys took a lickin and kept on tickin  but, neither were able to make the big plays that win games when they needed to.  They may not have always had a good team surrounding them, but a record book full of stats is worth little if they are not matched by and equally impressive number of W's.

HogHomer

Quote from: TNarch on December 13, 2017, 12:47:07 am
Since we are on the subject.  Yes, the Allen boys took a lickin and kept on tickin  but, neither were able to make the big plays that win games when they needed to.  They may not have always had a good team surrounding them, but a record book full of stats is worth little if they are not matched by and equally impressive number of W's.
So was Archie Manning one of the worst QBs ever to play in the NFL?

buldozer

Dedication or not, I have had enough of the Allens to last me a lifetime.... time for bobby to move on IMO.

Cinco de Hogo

You can blame nothing, you can blame everything or you can pick and choose, your pick.

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: buldozer on December 13, 2017, 01:46:54 am
Dedication or not, I have had enough of the Allens to last me a lifetime.... time for bobby to move on IMO.

Why? Did one of them kick your dog?

IronHog

Quote from: Razorback Pastor on December 13, 2017, 12:25:53 am
They were both really good QB's with terrible coaching and TERRIBLE Offensive Lines....TERRIBLE!!

Cue the Cole Kelly is horrible threads......
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: TNarch on December 13, 2017, 12:47:07 am

What tha???

I started to respond with clips of BA from the Ole Miss "4th & 25" game where he was clutch over and over as an example and AA from the TCU game last year.

Then I thought, nah. He can't be serious. He's just being sarcastic or trolling.

You are, right?