Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paul Finebaum Show

Started by brenthog, November 08, 2017, 02:53:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brenthog

They were talking about the 11am kickoff and how LSU doesn't like the 11 am slot. They discussed why they got that time slot and decided it was because of Arkansas. The producer said we came back from 20 down and Paul said who cares. No ones cares about Arkansas.

While I don't disagree with where we are at this point, I just hate being talked about on the same level as Vandy.

brenthog

Also on the show a caller from Tennessee said he had a source with Fox that they have already hired their new coach and he was #2 or #3 on their list. Paul asked if it was Gruden and he said no, it wasn't #1.

Tejano Jawg

Finebaum is a decent barometer for the outside perception of how we're doing. We are no factor whatsoever in the SEC this year. There's nothing to talk about, if you're in the media. Discussions about our decline have gotten old for everyone.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ipigsooie

Quote from: brenthog on November 08, 2017, 02:57:14 pm
Also on the show a caller from Tennessee said he had a source with Fox that they have already hired their new coach and he was #2 or #3 on their list. Paul asked if it was Gruden and he said no, it wasn't #1.

Dan mullen iss the name everyone keeps mentioning. 

parallaxpig

Quote from: brenthog on November 08, 2017, 02:53:26 pm
They were talking about the 11am kickoff and how LSU doesn't like the 11 am slot. They discussed why they got that time slot and decided it was because of Arkansas. The producer said we came back from 20 down and Paul said who cares. No ones cares about Arkansas.

While I don't disagree with where we are at this point, I just hate being talked about on the same level as Vandy.

We slide in with Mizzou, Ky and Vanderbilt now. We are the bottom of the bottom.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 08, 2017, 03:07:39 pm
We slide in with Mizzou, Ky and Vanderbilt now. We are the bottom of the bottom.

Hey, we own Ole Miss.  Give credit where due. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

DeltaBoy

When you keep losing you don't get those good game start times.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

parallaxpig

Quote from: brenthog on November 08, 2017, 02:57:14 pm

I have a source who says they haven't fired their coach.........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

tbhogfan

If you like boring, plodding teams who make lots of mistakes on defense, then we're great TV.
Go Hogs!

AirWarren

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 08, 2017, 03:01:58 pm
Finebaum is a decent barometer for the outside perception of how we're doing. We are no factor whatsoever in the SEC this year. There's nothing to talk about, if you're in the media. Discussions about our decline have gotten old for everyone.

We are never a "factor" in the sec. Middle of the pack, yes.

Iwastherein1969

Why should I be pissed at Finebaum for telling the truth....we just flat out suck and LSU doesn't...bottom line, and the truth hurts sometimes
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

carolinahogger

We are a Vandy with lower academic standards.

jkstock04

That's the price you pay for having a winning is secondary culture for a football program.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hoggie17

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 08, 2017, 03:13:10 pm
But, but, but we are doing it the right way.

Ironhawg

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 08, 2017, 03:04:30 pm
Dan mullen iss the name everyone keeps mentioning. 

Mullen at Tennessee might be scary.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 08, 2017, 05:21:50 pm

TN hasn't been scary in a while.  Not that it couldn't happen, I just don't see it. 

Tusks

He'd be a great fit, but for the life of me I don't see why Florida doesn't hire him.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Arthur pigby sellers.

It would be great for us. I guarantee the next MS state coach won't be as good.  It would be great to have the Mississippi teams back in the SEC west celler where they belong.

East Clintwood

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 08, 2017, 03:13:10 pm

Yeah, but the sad part is that teams like Coastal Carolina and LSU have to suffer because of it.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

East Clintwood

Yes, but thankfully both Vandy and us can always fall back on our  academics.  Oh, wait .  .  .

solitons

I don't care about his show, it's so boring

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: tbhogfan on November 08, 2017, 04:26:30 pm
If you like boring, plodding teams who make lots of mistakes on defense, then we're great TV.

If you want to see an [insert skill players name], watch the team that's playing Arkansas.
This is my non-signature signature.

GoHogs1091

The only good part about Finebaum's show is the national football writers/national football analysts phone segments.

The reason why it is the only good part is because Finebaum actually lets them talk.

TDHawgs

Paul calls it like he sees it.. this program is a train-wreck right now.. sorry if you can't see that or are willing to admit it, but we are terrible.  I'm not offended by Paul.. I'm offended by Bert's coaching and staff. #DrainTheHill  #AnyoneExceptBert

SemperFi

True, sad and funny as hell all at the same time.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Seebs

We are a couple of losses from not being spoken about at all. Let that sink in.   From a fall  from grace to meh - they never were. Thanks Bret
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

cjack

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 08, 2017, 08:57:27 pm

Yes, but thankfully both Vandy and us can always fall back on our  academics.  Oh, wait .  .  .

Haha
Woooo Pig Soooie!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 08, 2017, 08:59:56 pm
If you want to see an [insert skill players name], watch the team that's playing Arkansas.

If you want to see an Devon White, watch the team that's playing Arkansas?
Doesn't work...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig In The City

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 08, 2017, 03:07:39 pm
All 3 teams would beat us. Sobering.

hogfan870

Quote from: AP85 on November 08, 2017, 04:30:26 pm

We have won West Champioships - we have been a factor.  I would argue we are one fumbled punt away from having an SEC Champ. It has been a while, but we have definitely been a factor

Jimbob111

Quote from: AP85 on November 08, 2017, 04:30:26 pm

I disagree with "never"...there were many times that LSU or another team had to get past the Hogs to go to Atlanta. So many times, the Hogs were a factor. Remember two seasons ago when no one wanted to play the Hogs because everyone who did lost the next week? Sure, the Hogs lost games but no one wanted to play them and get beat up. THAT is being a factor.

Were the Hogs factored to win the conference? Maybe two or three times in 20 years or so. But the Hogs WERE factored into a team's chance at success.

Now, the Hogs are a laughing stock, a punchline, and aren't even thought of as a has-been but more of a never-was. Kentucky is a never-was. Vandy is a never-was. The Hogs had their moments in the past and have been close multiple times both under Nutt and Petrino. They are far from a never-was.

Bielema destroyed that. If nothing else, the Hogs always had a puncher's chance to win games they shouldn't. Now, they don't have a puncher's chance to beat a team who is only recently FBS.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Jimbob111

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 08, 2017, 05:09:26 pm
But, but, but we are doing it the right way.

Sorry but losing games is NEVER, no matter what the excuse or side benefit, doing it the "right way"...losing games isn't "doing it" at all.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

1highhog

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 08, 2017, 03:14:45 pm
I have a source who says they haven't fired their coach.........

Sure you do,,,

code red

Quote from: Seebs on November 08, 2017, 09:58:24 pm
We are a couple of losses from not being spoken about at all. Let that sink in.   From a fall  from grace to meh - they never were. Thanks Bret
4 points to be precise rediculos.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Pig In The City on November 08, 2017, 10:56:16 pm
All 3 teams would beat us. Sobering.
Except we did beat a team two weeks ago that went and beat Kentucky.  Kentucky best Mizzou.  Ole Miss also throttled Vandy. 

Can not definitively say we would lose to all three of those teams.

Also can not definitively say we would beat them all, and that is a problem.

Sed76

Paul Finebaum changes his opinion seemingly every day. A month or so ago when Wally Hall was on he saying Bret had to go. Fast forward to Monday after the Coastal Carolina game and he pretty much said Arkansas should keep the guy because they couldn't get anyone better. If it's not Alabama, Auburn or now Georgia Finebaum has no interest in discussing it.

1highhog

Quote from: Sed76 on November 09, 2017, 10:29:34 am
Paul Finebaum changes his opinion seemingly every day. A month or so ago when Wally Hall was on he saying Bret had to go. Fast forward to Monday after the Coastal Carolina game and he pretty much said Arkansas should keep the guy because they couldn't get anyone better. If it's not Alabama, Auburn or now Georgia Finebaum has no interest in discussing it.

Paul Fusebomb is a worthless tool, he's just a talking head that talks up the hot teams of the moment, which are always Bama, 100% of the time, and whichever other team is in the drivers seat  which is now Georgia.

HognotinMemphis

Lol.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hog Fan...DOH!

That David Pryor sure didn't know what he was talking about.

PorkSoda

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 08, 2017, 04:51:37 pm
That's the price you pay for having a winning is secondary culture for a football program.
secondary to what?  academics?  we are at the bottom of the pile there too.

secondary to the catfish hole?  you might have a point there.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

10thPlanet

He's right, but he's an anus.

The NewEra

I can't argue with anyone's negative perception of the football program.  But, we need change for that very reason.

farmhawg

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 09, 2017, 06:58:54 am
Except we did beat a team two weeks ago that went and beat Kentucky.  Kentucky best Mizzou.  Ole Miss also throttled Vandy. 

Can not definitively say we would lose to all three of those teams.

Also can not definitively say we would beat them all, and that is a problem.

Thats all you can say? Damn you huggers are sad people.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ToddW

Finebaum has always sucked on BAMAs teet, similar to Bo sucking on Bert's!  And that is one big teet!
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

Locutus_of_Boar

Hmmm, I doubt any other Power 5 team has played a more exciting game against Coastal Carolina.

StanHog

Quote from: carolinahogger on November 08, 2017, 04:49:10 pm
We are a Vandy with lower academic standards.
We're #1 in recycling!!!

StanHog

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 09, 2017, 06:02:26 pm
Hmmm, I doubt any other Power 5 team has played a more exciting game against Coastal Carolina.
They just had a program on ESPNU with slow motion replays. You would have thought beating CC was better than winning the SuperBowl. Bert is a disgrace.

huntindoc

Quote from: StanHog on November 09, 2017, 07:22:49 pm
They just had a program on ESPNU with slow motion replays. You would have thought beating CC was better than winning the SuperBowl. Bert is a disgrace.

I can't believe I watched it.  It was embarrassing to watch.  I could picture anyone that supports another SEC team laughing their heads off watching it.  Sad.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: farmhawg on November 09, 2017, 04:55:08 pm
Thats all you can say? Damn you huggers are sad people.
Youre an idiot. 

Stating facts is now being a hugger.  Stating how we can not say we would beat the other bottom dwellers is also being a hugger.  Fantastic.

East Clintwood

Quote from: StanHog on November 09, 2017, 07:22:49 pm

I just saw that myself.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

It had to be intended as a parody of those national championship summary shows.