Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The New AD is a done deal

Started by Porked Tongue, November 16, 2017, 05:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jgphillips3

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 19, 2017, 08:43:35 pm
From an AD perspective, we are not getting "played".

Coach is another matter.

No matter how good the plan or how well planned, there are always unplanned for things that pop up.  I'm sure they are ironing out AD details they just thoughtbwere already taken care of or something came up they needed to iron out before announcing.  On coach, I'm praying Gus is playing us and we get Norvell, Campbell, Frost, Morris or such.

Hogs-n-Roses

Coach is another matter.
This

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 19, 2017, 08:48:21 pm
No matter how good the plan or how well planned, there are always unplanned for things that pop up.  I’m sure they are ironing out AD details they just thoughtbwere already taken care of or something came up they needed to iron out before announcing.  On coach, I’m praying Gus is playing us and we get Norvell, Campbell, Frost, Morris or such.
Its actually a very cool time. All the solutions,roads lead to a new and exciting start. Hopefully we can cement the instate recruits(which would fit all these option to a T. Great time for the Hogs.

mj4president

Gus isn't playing us, done deal. Bobby to Auburn from what I'm hearing.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

jcbville

Quote from: mj4president on November 19, 2017, 08:55:12 pm

Pleeaaaase let SBj go to Auburn or Tenn! Pleeeaaase Lord above let it be!

BigDeal

I dont quite agree in discussing who will be the next coach before our AD is officially announced. The AD will be someone as polls show over 95% of the fan base already support. We should let that person handpick the next coach.

Matt Burks

Quote from: BigDeal on November 19, 2017, 08:58:10 pm
I dont quite agree in discussing who will be the next coach before our AD is officially announced. The AD will be someone as polls show over 95% of the fan base already support. We should let that person handpick the next coach.
Saban? Lol

Hogs-n-Roses

Bobby is a great coach and I'd hate to see him at any SEC west school but I ain't skeered either. He's still gotta come up with a defense.

jcbville

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 19, 2017, 08:59:48 pm
Saban? Lol

Believe it or not he's talking about one Houston Nutt. It's either Nutt himself or the Nutt tick David B. Can't decide which.

Matt Burks

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 19, 2017, 09:00:06 pm
Bobby is a great coach and I'd hate to see him at any SEC west school but I ain't skeered either. He's still gotta come up with a defense.
Gus has a good defense this year because of Steele and I don't think he'd come with Gus. Personally, there's a lot of better choices than Gus.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Really Petrino to Auburn? I saw Finebaum says he will probably leave LV after the season, But Auburn?

Matt Burks

Quote from: jcbville on November 19, 2017, 09:01:05 pm
Believe it or not he's talking about one Houston Nutt. It's either Nutt himself or the Nutt tick David B. Can't decide which.
Nutt??? Seriously? That would be insane. Why would anyone think he'd be a good AD?

ricepig

Coach is another matter.

Been played, moved on from what I hear.

The Hawg Marshal

Matt Burks

Quote from: jcbville on November 19, 2017, 09:01:05 pm
Actually I don't believe that because he said 95% of the fan base supports this new AD. That definitely isn't Nutt.

mj4president

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 19, 2017, 09:02:15 pm
Really Petrino to Auburn? I saw Finebaum says he will probably leave LV after the season, But Auburn?

He used to coach there and they like him more than Gus.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

jcbville

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 19, 2017, 09:05:07 pm
Actually I don't believe that because he said 95% of the fan base supports this new AD. That definitely isn't Nutt.

I know what you mean. But that's who he's referring to. He's been saying it all over the place. He'll be along shortly to tell you.

_Hamlet_

My "sources" carry about as little weight as I give to everyone else's but with that said, S. Varaday is our new AD.

BigDeal

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 19, 2017, 09:02:47 pm
Nutt??? Seriously? That would be insane. Why would anyone think he'd be a good AD?

Coach Frank Broyles didn't think it was insane idea when he was grooming him for job as far back of 1998.  we all know things happened that got Coach Nutt in a sticky situation many years ago now. records show the public is willing to let by gones be by gones and forgive and forget. with that said, the vast majority of hog fans fully support this endeavor.

ricepig

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 19, 2017, 09:05:05 pm
Coach or AD?

Coach, and I don't know if "played" is the appropriate term of not.

Hogs-n-Roses

Matt Burks

Quote from: BigDeal on November 19, 2017, 09:08:17 pm
Coach Frank Broyles didn't think it was insane idea when he was grooming him for job as far back of 1998.  we all know things happened that got Coach Nutt in a sticky situation many years ago now. records show the public is willing to let by gones be by gones and forgive and forget. with that said, the vast majority of hog fans fully support this endeavor.

What records show? Do you think all Hog fans get on message boards? And even on message boards not a lot of people are wanting Nutt back. Just because 103.7 talks about him and has Nutt on the air each week, that doesn't mean the hog fan base as a whole wants Nutt to return in any fashion.

jcbville

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 19, 2017, 09:11:47 pm
What records show? Do you think all Hog fans get on message boards? And even on message boards not a lot of people are wanting Nutt back. Just because 103.7 talks about him and has Nutt on the air each week, that doesn't mean the hog fan base as a whole wants Nutt to return in any fashion.

Haha. I told ya lol

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2017, 09:10:24 pm
Interesting.

hawaiianhogster

If Nutt comes back as AD then I give up my support for anything Razorback. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

hawaiianhogster

I can't stand that IDIOT NUTT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tortfeasor

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on November 19, 2017, 09:07:52 pm
My "sources" carry about as little weight as I give to everyone else's but with that said, S. Varaday is our new AD.

Would be solid hire if it is him.

hawaiianhogster

I've been a fan for 57 years. I will no longer be if you bring Nutt in as AD or coach or anything that can control the football program. He loves that helmet only if he can control that helmet.

hawaiianhogster

The hogs will go down the DIV 2 in football if Nutt is hired. I'd bet my life on it.

The Hawg Marshal

Big Deal is yanking y'alls chain. Nutt is not even on the list.

toxichog

Houston Nutt has tried to get every open head coaching job for the last four years.  His agent can't even get him an interview.  Nobody will even talk to him.  His best team at Arkansas was his first........with all Danny Fords recruits.  He inherited a loaded roster at Ole Miss recruited by Ed Orgeron........went to back to back Cotton Bowls.......two years later, with his recruits he couldn't even beat Jack Crowes Jacksonville State team......went 1-10 if my memory is correct.  Fired again.......with another buyout coming his way.  If he can't even get an interview in the Arkansas Intercollegiate Conference............why in Gods name would he be a good AD in the SEC??????

GoHogs1091

Coach is another matter.

That is how we operate.

Then, they (Athletic Administration and GOBN) may wonder why we have to fire a Head Coach after just a few years.

jcbville

Quote from: toxichog on November 19, 2017, 09:36:21 pm
Houston Nutt has tried to get every open head coaching job for the last four years.  His agent can't even get him an interview.  Nobody will even talk to him.  His best team at Arkansas was his first........with all Danny Fords recruits.  He inherited a loaded roster at Ole Miss recruited by Ed Orgeron........went to back to back Cotton Bowls.......two years later, with his recruits he couldn't even beat Jack Crowes Jacksonville State team......went 1-10 if my memory is correct.  Fired again.......with another buyout coming his way.  If he can't even get an interview in the Arkansas Intercollegiate Conference............why in Gods name would he be a good AD in the SEC??????

Yep. He's the herpes of SEC college football.

huntindoc

LOL, I've been thinking there was no way this is the same old Big Deal.  However, after tonight I'm convinced!  Nutt for AD!?  Let me catch my breath, haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

Slater

FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Dark Helmet Hog

moses_007

Presser tomorrow to announce new AD?  We were told we'd have a new AD by Monday.  Gotta believe what we've heard on Hogville.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Ray Biggers..... Take it to the bank.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

moses_007

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

jgphillips3

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 19, 2017, 10:49:09 pm
Ray Biggers..... Take it to the bank.

Dang, I was hoping for a presser around 10 til 12.

moses_007

I don't think anyone has suggested Sidney Moncrief as AD.  Put us on the map in basketball, great NBA player, has owned and ran several new car dealerships.

Why not Sidney? 

moses_007

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 19, 2017, 11:09:23 pm
Dang, I was hoping for a presser around 10 til 12.
Well if there is no presser tomorrow it probably isn't Tommy T, Scanlon or any of the other Arkansas names being thrown around.

Boarsnest

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2017, 09:10:24 pm

I hope you are correct!

MAGA45

Fake News

DLUXHOG

The BOT is planning on sneaking in Jim Lindsey as AD....  bank it...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

mj4president

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 20, 2017, 08:18:34 am
The BOT is planning on sneaking in Jim Lindsey as AD....  bank it...

He's about to die I thought

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HawgTide on November 16, 2017, 05:31:26 pm

Let's be honest, most people can't name 5 AD's in the country. It's a lot easier to get a good AD than a good coach.
1. Jeff Long
2. Barry Alvarez
3. Blank
4. Blank
5. Blank

Damn, you're right.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Trey1981

Quote from: moses_007 on November 19, 2017, 11:10:07 pm
I don't think anyone has suggested Sidney Moncrief as AD.  Put us on the map in basketball, great NBA player, has owned and ran several new car dealerships.

Why not Sidney? 

Sure, why not?  And while I'm at it, I think I'll call my landscaper today to fix this plumbing issue that popped up last evening.