Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike is letting you...

Started by Iwastherein1969, November 14, 2017, 12:08:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

and I and Razorback nation in on what he thinks about this year's crew. I don't ever recall Mike issuing a challenge to Razorback fans before. He has hinted around at wanting more butts in the seats but this tweet is proof positive that Mike's belief in this year's team is high. I don't know this, but for some reason I believe that Nolan has been watching these young men practice and has given his stamp of approval to Mike. I can hear Nolan in that gruff voice say, "Mike, you might have something working here". Nolan never has minced words. Anyway, this is all conjecture, but I happen to believe it.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hawgball40

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 14, 2017, 12:08:24 pm
and I and Razorback nation in on what he thinks about this year's crew. I don't ever recall Mike issuing a challenge to Razorback fans before. He has hinted around at wanting more butts in the seats but this tweet is proof positive that Mike's belief in this year's team is high. I don't know this, but for some reason I believe that Nolan has been watching these young men practice and has given his stamp of approval to Mike. I can hear Nolan in that gruff voice say, "Mike, you might have something working here". Nolan never has minced words. Anyway, this is all conjecture, but I happen to believe it.
hold on there joker, you forgot to link the tweet. here, i'll help ya

https://twitter.com/RazorbackMBB/status/930240419711062016
[tweet]930240419711062016[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RazorbackMBB/status/930240419711062016[/tweet]
[tweet]/RazorbackMBB/status/930240419711062016[/tweet]
Edit: I couldn't figure out how to embed the tweet either; so i just left a link

J-Five

The next 2-3 seasons should be pretty exciting with the talent that he's recruited.  I hope HawgBall is finally back!!!
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

311Hog

i really hope fans pack the bud, this year feels different and the excitement level for me at least is much higher than in previous years.

Razorhogger

If Jeff Long would stop selling every inch of the building as ad space and stop selling timeouts to run commercials on the big screen then we could actually ROCK THE BUD.  It kills me every time we have to sit and watch a commercial and then have to try and bring the atmosphere back from the dead.

How bout we blast some Hells Bells, Back in Black, or Welcome to the Jungle......along with the band.  I would love the place to rock like that with 20K on their feet.

Danny J

Here's the thing...if we to pk80 with swagger like we have had the last 2 games we will have a good showing. This team has talent...just add swagger and confidence and that's a recipe for a great team.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Danny J on November 14, 2017, 01:58:49 pm
Here's the thing...if we to pk80 with swagger like we have had the last 2 games we will have a good showing. This team has talent...just add swagger and confidence and that's a recipe for a great team.

Don't think you have to worry about that given the team is led by those senior guards. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Razorhogger on November 14, 2017, 01:55:13 pm
If Jeff Long would stop selling every inch of the building as ad space and stop selling timeouts to run commercials on the big screen then we could actually ROCK THE BUD.  It kills me every time we have to sit and watch a commercial and then have to try and bring the atmosphere back from the dead.

How bout we blast some Hells Bells, Back in Black, or Welcome to the Jungle......along with the band.  I would love the place to rock like that with 20K on their feet.

This!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Danny J on November 14, 2017, 01:58:49 pm

Macon has swagger to spare and Jaylen isn't bashful either.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hawgdrummer7

Totally agree. Something awesome happens? Let's hear William Tell. If I recall correctly, they brought it some audio guys from a school that didn't have a band, and they try to program things like Sandstorm during big time outs. I may have gotten in trouble a couple times for playing when those guys decided to take a timeout. Can't stand it. Kills the atmosphere.

I miss being in the Hogwild Band, but that was the bane of my existence.
Woo Pig Drum

Danny J

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 14, 2017, 02:16:43 pm
Macon has swagger to spare and Jaylen isn't bashful either.
Hall has his fair share as well. Hopefully it's contagious

SPAL

The atmosphere is definitely different than in the 90's, bit it's still a lot of fun. It's still pretty loud even with the 6-8k that have been there so far. The last minute of the Bucknell game was bananas

LRHawg

it's not just our games/arena that is having crowd issues. Schools sold out game atmosphere to make a buck. Robken would have been stifled had that tried to get going these days.

bosshog84

YES! This!

Iwastherein1969

this team will have a surprise set back or two, but when they bring the wood, I'll be ready to see the look on the face of the blue tie wearing SOB of a coach from Kentucky...he and his one and done's are ripe for the picking and on February 20th at Bud Walton, I hope its 20 degrees outside with a clear sky and snow on the ground because revenge is dish best served cold
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 14, 2017, 06:23:30 pm
this team will have a surprise set back or two, but when they bring the wood, I'll be ready to see the look on the face of the blue tie wearing SOB of a coach from Kentucky...he and his one and done's are ripe for the picking and on February 20th at Bud Walton, I hope its 20 degrees outside with a clear sky and snow on the ground because revenge is dish best served cold

2/20...blaze it up

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 14, 2017, 06:23:30 pm

Hahahaha, well done. Agreed.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Hoggish1

Thankfully we won't have Jeff Long to kick around much longer...

Hawgdrummer7

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 14, 2017, 09:16:30 pm
Thankfully we won't have Jeff Long to kick around much longer...

Well, that happened quicker than I expected!
Woo Pig Drum

CaseyHawgDog

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."<br />- John Wayne