Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm a CBB fan...

Started by PorkRinds, September 23, 2017, 03:03:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisGuy

The worst part about CBB, in my opinion, is he's had two seasons when he really could/should have won 10 games but wasted opportunities!!!

HogsonHicks

I agree.  He's a likeable guy and he's served a good purpose to restore some level of background stability after the John L Smith debacle. 

That said, it has never been more glaringly obvious that he's not the long-term answer.  We've sadly reached a peak in 2015, with now consecutive years of regression.  We've lost our identity on offense and defense, we lack a fundamental approach to sound football, and we've not seen development with personnel (see OL as an example).

I've gone from fired up, to pissed off, to largely apathetic.  Placing positive or negative emotion aside, it's clear we're trending down after 5 years under his leadership.

Continuing with CBB at this point simply prolongs the inevitable and further delays our ability to replace and rebuild.

hogcard1964

I really don't understand why people claim to "like him".  What exactly do you "like" about him? 

johnny cash

Think I'll have some ribs and some beer.

oldhog63

Quote from: grayhawg on September 23, 2017, 03:08:37 pm
Been there since the Missouri game last November.
I didn't even think about jumping off until the TCU game. Was on the edge, but wanted to give him this game. SOS. Time to move on.

Bubba's Bruisers

Kudos to PR for standing up and admitting it.  I like BB too, but it's obvious he's a mediocre coach. 

The only chance a program like ours has is with a true detailed-oriented, demanding HC who's at least a decent recruiter.  A guy like BP without BP's baggage.  Will that guy win us SECC's or beat Saban, almost definitely no, but he'll make us measurably more competitive.  Will give us an actual chance to win most any game we play.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 23, 2017, 03:25:10 pm
I really don't understand why people claim to "like him".  What exactly do you "like" about him? 

The opposite reasons for which people don't like you, seems simple enough, haha.

JOKERHOG

Me either.  Always thought he was a loud mouth that couldn't back it up.  Always rooted again WISC when he was there
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

PorkRinds

I like his philosophy. I like that his players seem to be doing the right thing most of the time. I like that he cares about his players and they seem to genuinely like him. On a personal level, I like him. I like what he says as a coach, but he can't seem to back any of it up with the play on the field. So yeah, I like him.

Ironhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 03:03:06 pm
Have defended him plenty. Still think comments about his weight are stupid. Still think the playing favorites crowd are dumb. But I can't stomach it any more. He needs to go at the end of the season. I'm also not heartbroken if Cole Kelley plays. Screw it.  I just can't do this any more.

I agree.  I see Arkansas making the same mistakes over and over.  I see a cobbled together offensive line in the 5th year of this head coach.  I see shaky clock management, poor special teams amd questionable decisions.  I just don't see Arkansas making much progress.  That being said, I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in Jeff Long to hire the right coach.  I think JL is a good businessman, but I question whether he has the hiring instinct.

Letsroll1200

Have defended him plenty. Still think comments about his weight are stupid. Still think the playing favorites crowd are dumb. But I can't stomach it any more. He needs to go at the end of the season. I'm also not heartbroken if Cole Kelley plays. Screw it.  I just can't do this any more.

Rogers father tweeted "Playing the wrong guys". Coach B boasted about how well Wallace has practiced but he didnt see the field. What does that do to the kid? Mixed messages

Rockpig5

Quote from: hobhog on September 23, 2017, 03:11:54 pm
I don't think there are many supporters left after today's fiasco. But nothing will happen for a couple of lame duck years....

I still support him, because it cost's too much to get rid of him, and we won't get anyone else that can do the job.  The only guy I think that could slide into his position and not miss a beat, is Turner Gill.  Let the bombs fly...I'm ready for them.

Bubba's Bruisers

Like him in the context that I'd love to hang out with him...play some golf with, have a beer with, etc...  Seems like a cool dude.  Mediocre coach, but cool dude. Seemingly genuine about his players.  Hard not to root for a guy like that, but this is a big boy business.  He needs to go.

And Don't be purposely obtuse.  You know what it means.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

realistichog

I am sick of losing, sick of BB and especially sick of Jeff Long. Same song different verse, only worse. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a fifferent result is insanity. As bad as I hate to start over, it's time to cut bait.

East Clintwood

Quote from: dh027 on September 23, 2017, 03:14:50 pm
I want to like Bielema.  I'm sure he's a great guy.  I want him to be successful, just as I want Ausin Allen to be successful.  I was born a Hog fan 44 years ago and will die a Hog fan when the day comes.  It is time for a change at head coach and quarterback.  I know what we are all feeling will pass, as it always does.  I want it to pass sooner rather than later.  I'm officially done with both of them. 

I do like him.  He appears to be a great guy.

I'd like him a whole lot better as the coach at Bowling Green or Slippery Rock though.

He doesn't belong here.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HawgWyld

Quote from: MountieDawg on September 23, 2017, 03:22:14 pm
I will also say Charlie Weiss is a better coach... CBB is nothing more than a fan and has lived off saying things that make idiot fans happy.  A jab a Gus or Texas, or Texas Tech coach... I knew he was a bad hire on the day he was hired. He has really hit the excuse trail and living off being ranked 15th for a week last year.  His ego is the only thing bigger than his waistline.  He screams power football and can't execute it. Screams offensive line and can't have a good one. Special teams are aweful and he doesn't think he needs a special teams coach...

I well remember his first press conference. He rambled on about building a "downhill running team" (or something like that) and was instantly reminded of Houston Nutt. That was not a good first impression...

PorkRinds

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 23, 2017, 03:29:28 pm
Like him in the context that I'd love to hang out with him...play some golf with, have a beer with, etc...  Seems like a cool dude.  Mediocre coach, but cool dude. Seemingly genuine.  Hard not to root for a guy like that, but this is a big boy business.  He needs to go.

And Don't be purposely obtuse.  You know what it means.

Exactly. The bama fan just stirring shite.

PygmalionEffect2

We pawned off the Wisconsin fan's warnings about CBB's game management as sour grapes,

but the smugness of their warnings were all too familiar.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

PorkRinds

Oh I also think the Jeff Long hate is ignorant AF.

jgphillips3

I hoped this would work.  He just can't build and coach an entire program.  I like him at a personal level but he needs to just agree to a negotiated buyout, resign from "burnout", spend a year with the family and go get another job in a lesser conference.

hawgmasta

I'm scared the wheels are about to come completely off, which is always at least a 2 year rebuild to decency. I was hoping for the best but it looks like it's almost over for CBB.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 23, 2017, 03:32:56 pm
I hoped this would work.  He just can't build and coach an entire program.  I like him at a personal level but he needs to just agree to a negotiated buyout, resign from "burnout", spend a year with the family and go get another job in a lesser conference.

Trade coaches with purdue and pay throw them a couple million

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

hogcard1964

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 03:27:41 pm
I like his philosophy. I like that his players seem to be doing the right thing most of the time. I like that he cares about his players and they seem to genuinely like him. On a personal level, I like him. I like what he says as a coach, but he can't seem to back any of it up with the play on the field. So yeah, I like him.

Okay

I'm going to withhold saying what I know here about him here until January 2, 2018.  And at that point I'm also not going to lead my response off with "I hate to chirp about being right, but..."  he's not the lovable lug you think he is.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 23, 2017, 03:34:30 pm
Okay

I'm going to withhold saying what I know here about him here until January 2, 2018.  And at that point I'm also not going to lead my response off with "I hate to chirp about being right, but..."  he's not the lovable lug you think he is.

You're a pathological idiot. I won't care any more what you say then than I do now.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hawgmasta on September 23, 2017, 03:33:47 pm
I'm scared the wheels are about to come completely off, which is always at least a 2 year rebuild to decency. I was hoping for the best but it looks like it's almost over for CBB.

It's not almost over for CBB.  What I'm afraid of is it's over for Razorback football for the foreseeable future.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ThisGuy

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 03:30:58 pm
I agree although the buyout was a big mistake I think he has made good hires outside of this one

realistichog

Thank god for deer season. When the hogs suck, which has happened far too often under BB, my excitement for college football goes down the tubes.

Knot2brite

I like CBB's offensive philosophy but he hasn't been able to recruit it...can I say that I HATE the 3-4 defense. I have always hated it. CBB is unable to recruit here to run his offense for some reason and it will be his downfall
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hogcard1964

I don't.

He's the reason Bielama's here.

jgphillips3

Quote from: JOKERHOG on September 23, 2017, 03:34:07 pm
Trade coaches with purdue and pay throw them a couple million

Done.

Ironhawg

Quote from: hawgmasta on September 23, 2017, 03:33:47 pm

This is what is scary to me.  I'm afraid he is back next season regardless of what happens this season. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 03:36:23 pm
You're a pathological idiot. I won't care any more what you say then than I do now.

Stay classy nozzle. 

Enjoy your mastermind coach.

pigmania

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 23, 2017, 03:13:27 pm
Both coach and director need to go at this point.
Agree. I'm sick and tired of Long begging for money and jacking up the suite and ticket prices, while agreeing to horrible contracts with giant buyouts on a crappy coach who puts out a mediocre team every year. Past time to clean this house out!

hawgmasta

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 23, 2017, 03:36:35 pm
It's not almost over for CBB.  What I'm afraid of is it's over for Razorback football for the foreseeable future.

I was saying almost because there's a always a small, probably minuscule chance he wins 9 games this year. Weirder things have happened

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 23, 2017, 03:38:41 pm
Stay classy nozzle. 

Enjoy your mastermind coach.

Go watch the bama game.

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 23, 2017, 03:14:37 pm
I'm not one to chirp about being right but I knew this 5 years ago and I did tell everyone this. He's a horrible xs and os coach.  I want him gone and the quicker we get into a rebuilding mode (lol) again, the faster we'll get on the right track.  I'd fire him tonight.  Although they won't.

Welcome to the club.

oldhog63

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 03:20:11 pm
Well, you're entitled to your own opinion. His coaching has nothing to do with his size.
In general, I agree, but I don't think that is entirely true. If his weight gain is causing any sort of health problems which impacts his stamina, heat tolerance, alertness, etc then it does affect his coaching ability.

hogcard1964

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 23, 2017, 03:39:47 pm
Go watch the bama game.

They're up 21-0 in the 2nd qtr.  Good bet they won't get outscored in the 2nd half against a sharty team. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: oldhog63 on September 23, 2017, 03:41:37 pm
In general, I agree, but I don't think that is entirely true. If his weight gain is causing any sort of health problems which impacts his stamina, heat tolerance, alertness, etc then it does affect his coaching ability.

In the air conditioned stadium it wasn't his stamina. It's his coaching ability.

HamSammich

I'm a cbb fan because I understand something 80 percent of the fan base doesn't get. He is a good recruiter and jeff long isn't hiring anyone better.

I'm behind cbb until long is gone. Him being fired and long hiring grobe or cutcliffe for 6 years is a disaster. Period.

gangstaback

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 23, 2017, 03:15:29 pm
Not watching anymore games or listening onthe radio. Avoiding the companies that sponsor game broadcasts.

Quote from: ricepig on September 23, 2017, 03:19:11 pm
You'll be drinking Coke, going to Target, banking with First Tennessee, shopping  at Belks, and eating Boarshead.

All pretty good decisions except that bank sounds shady AF. Can someone add to this list because I'm on board with this.

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on September 23, 2017, 03:08:58 pm
Yup I was the same. He has to go. And yes put in Kelly. Allen passing into triple coverage to finish the game.

Allen family tradition.

Locutus_of_Boar

Bret Bielema has shown us all he's got left and there's no sign meaningful improvement is on the way. He's lost the fan base and the last four losses have pushed that trust past the point of no return.  The only question from this point is how many empty seats Long is willing to accept before he concedes hiring Bret Bielema was a well intentioned mistake but nonetheless it was a mistake.  Time to move on and try again.

East Clintwood

JL should be fired first. 

He's to blame for locking us into CBB and he's done nothing else  of note that any other competent AD couldn't do.  He doesn't believe in the importance of winning.

I don't want him to have anything to do with choosing the next coach.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hogcard1964

Quote from: HamSammich on September 23, 2017, 03:42:32 pm
I'm a cbb fan because I understand something 80 percent of the fan base doesn't get. He is a good recruiter and jeff long isn't hiring anyone better.

I'm behind cbb until long is gone. Him being fired and long hiring grobe or cutcliffe for 6 years is a disaster. Period.

He's not a good recruiter.

gchamblee

im agreeing with everything you are posting, but i always have.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: hog911 on September 23, 2017, 03:18:51 pm
I'm not for firing CBB, but he truly needs to lose weight. You can't tell others about decipline and  self control when your appearance shows you don't have any!
:) Best post in the thread. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

thebignasty

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 23, 2017, 03:34:30 pm
Okay

lol, if only you understood how laughably obvious it is that you know jack darn

Wildhog

Man, this one was tough.  There's a kitchen sink getting picked up off the field somewhere, because we threw everything at them. 

Bottom line is there's just no way for a Bret Bielema coached team to win many games without a competent offensive line.  And we don't have one.  That, and special teams always seems to cost us.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

JOKERHOG

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 23, 2017, 03:44:08 pm
He's not a good recruiter.

Correct, He has recruited on the same level as other AR coaches and done much less with the same level of talent