Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WE NEED AUBURN TO RUN THE OPENING KICKOFF BACK!!!!

Started by Tiredofhogssucking, October 05, 2006, 03:28:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiredofhogssucking

I can't believe I'm writing this.....

But....

We need Auburn to take the opening kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown!  Once they get the crowd behind them....MY HOPE IS HOUSTON WILL START TO PANIC!!!!!  Abandon his conservative nature And then let Gus run the HUNH Offense!   

Then we might have a chance to compete in this game!!!!!

We cannot run the ball off-tackle and have a vanilla offensive scheme for the Auburn game! 

Houston.......We're begging you!!!!! 

TURN GUS LOSE!!!!!

WarEagle

Quote from: Tiredofhogssucking on October 05, 2006, 03:28:07 pm

But....

We need Auburn to take the opening kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown!  Once they get the crowd behind them....MY HOPE IS HOUSTON WILL START TO PANIC!!!!!  Abandon his conservative nature And then let Gus run the HUNH Offense!  

We cannot run the ball off-tackle and have a vanilla offensive scheme for the Auburn game! 

TURN GUS LOSE!!!!!

Looks like fans of Auburn and Arkansas have something in common.  I'm all for Auburn running the opening kickoff back for a TD as well.  :)

I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

jhog45

That theory looks good on paper...um on moniter, but we are dealing with Nutt here. It would take more than a kickoff to change his philosophy. Remember (dont know what the year or the score was so dont jump all over me) a few years ago at Bama. We were down maybe two but i think three td's going into the 4th quarter. We continued to run the ball inspite of the score. Well as you know, we tied it up and won it in overtime.

Unfortunately for us, Nutt will remember that game, not the other 30 games we lost when we stuck with the game plan even though we were behind.

I may be wrong, and i hope i am, but if we play conservative at home against a so-so Bama team, i doubt we open it up much at #2 Auburn

razorprep

What's the address?  I tried to google it w/no luck.

WarEagle

I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

razorprep

rzrbaxfan

QuoteI can't believe I'm writing this.....

But....

TURN GUS LOSE!!!!!

Houston has never paniced that early.  He'd just say "we gotta stick to what we do best".  He doesn't panic until there are 2 minutes or less to go in the game.

sowmonella

But....

TURN GUS LOSE!!!!!

Are you also rooting for the Taliban? Hog Fans want the Hogs to win every time.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

go hogues

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on October 05, 2006, 04:20:03 pm

Houston has never paniced that early.  He'd just say "we gotta stick to what we do best".  He doesn't panic until there are 2 minutes or less to go in the game.
Very true.  Sadly, true.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

cubbie

I am now dumber for reading this post! Thanks guys.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

PulledPork

reading comprehension is your friend, sow!!

he is not wishing/rooting for us to lose, just for NumbNutt® to scrape his "ball control" philosophy and go immediately to the HUNH!

Pulled out...®

Corganist

Come on. I'm for Nutt being less conservative as much as the next guy, but he's not going to throw caution to the wind just because we get down by one score early. Maybe he would if we got down by 2 or 3 scores in the first half, but I really don't want it to get to that point to find out.

What we need is for the Hogs to come out swinging for the fences and take it to Auburn early and often because that's the plan, not because Nutt gets forced into it out desperation.

Broken Trigger

But....

TURN GUS LOSE!!!!!

That would only be 7-0.  That would fit right into Nutt's gameplan of "keeping it close 'til the 4th quarter" and trying to get us to overtime "cause we're so good in overtime."  Unfortunately, i believe the Hogs will have to be down by about three touchdowns, to see him change it up.