Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 11, 2024, 09:48:24 pm

Boo Pig Phooey!

Started by ghg1, October 05, 2006, 09:04:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrenaline_Junkie

HedgeDweller

Not supporting how the UA handled this, but I always get PO'ed when some facts are 'conveniently' left out of an article, such as the fact that he was selling them on school property. 

RazorWire

Quote from: HedgeDweller on October 05, 2006, 09:09:21 am
Not supporting how the UA handled this, but I always get PO'ed when some facts are 'conveniently' left out of an article, such as the fact that he was selling them on school property. 

Is that you Shanklin ?

Adrenaline_Junkie

no but just don't sell em' school property..........I don't get it why not just sell the shirts without Nutt's image and there's nothing you can do

jdhoover

How many topics does this need?
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

football17

Quote from: jdhoover on October 05, 2006, 09:13:01 am
How many topics does this need?

this is something different...

HedgeDweller

Quote from: RazorWire ® on October 05, 2006, 09:10:24 am

Is that you Shanklin ?

I don't know a 'Shanklin'.
I don't think the UA handled this very well.
I support his right to put the facts on the back of a t shirt, and wear it to a game.
But I don't like to see facts left out 'conveniently'.
I guess I expect too much from our media.

snoutface

You wouldn't believe some of the things I've bought in year's past on U of A property- far more offensive and definitely illegal.  That fact aside, in one colossal, paranoid moment of stupidity, the U of A has created the proverbial downhill slide for the current regime by overzealously attacking a guy expressing his displeasure in a harmless, comical way.  You would think that with all the great minds supposedly on the hill, somebody would have had the common sense to say, "ya know, if we don't raise a fuss, this thing will blow away."  Oh wait a minute, where there is academia and higher education, there is not common sense.
Sometimes it's better for me to be quiet and let everybody believe I'm dumb as dirt, than to speak up and prove it.

HedgeDweller

October 05, 2006, 09:32:30 am #9 Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 09:34:16 am by HedgeDweller
Quote from: snoutface on October 05, 2006, 09:20:56 am

You wouldn't believe some of the things I've bought in year's past on U of A property- far more offensive and definitely illegal.  That fact aside, in one colossal, paranoid moment of stupidity, the U of A has created the proverbial downhill slide for the current regime by overzealously attacking a guy expressing his displeasure in a harmless, comical way.  You would think that with all the great minds supposedly on the hill, somebody would have had the common sense to say, "ya know, if we don't raise a fuss, this thing will blow away."  Oh wait a minute, where there is academia and higher education, there is not common sense.

Like I said, I don't agree with the manner in which they handled it, but when the day is done - they were also within their rights to ask him not to sell them a. on campus and b. with HDN's caricature on it.
And yes, I would believe what you brought on campus - I spent 5 years in college myself.... But the difference is - you didn't get caught!  ( I hope ).
But anyway, my gripe is not about the handling of the situation or who was in the right - I just get ticked off at the media when they obviously don't give the whole story.  I am realistic, I know all the media outlets slant one way or another, conservative or liberal, but it still pisses me off...

BattleHawg

Quote from: snoutface on October 05, 2006, 09:20:56 am
You would think that with all the great minds supposedly on the hill, somebody up there would get us a real coaching staff for football. Oh wait a minute, where there is academia and higher education, there is not common sense.

fixed that for ya.  ;)

BH