Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sabin's article on the T-shirt debate-an excellent take!

Started by An old hog fanatic, October 05, 2006, 06:16:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

An old hog fanatic

October 05, 2006, 06:16:02 am Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 06:18:19 am by mid-georgia-hogfan
This is great! 

Sabin hits the UA between the eyes.

http://nwanews.com/story.php?paper=nwat&section=Sports&storyid=45536
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

hogfan064

"And Larru even said as much when he explained he didn't even wear his own T-shirt inside Reynolds Razorbacks Stadium because he didn't want recruits to see the message on the back of it. "

If he doesn't want recruits to see the shirts then don't sell them.  Sorry, but he lost me there.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogfan064 on October 05, 2006, 06:39:12 am
"And Larru even said as much when he explained he didn't even wear his own T-shirt inside Reynolds Razorbacks Stadium because he didn't want recruits to see the message on the back of it. "

If he doesn't want recruits to see the shirts then don't sell them.  Sorry, but he lost me there.
You're easily lost so that is not surprising to us.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hogfan064

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 05, 2006, 06:40:21 am
"And Larru even said as much when he explained he didn’t even wear his own T-shirt inside Reynolds Razorbacks Stadium because he didn’t want recruits to see the message on the back of it. "

Well, if you read the post correctly you'd understand I meant he "lost my support" and not that I was clueless.  Seems to me you're the one lost

BILLYBOB

As usual, HiM is correct...you sir, are lost.  You missed the entire point of the article.  Go back and read it again.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

GoHogsGo470

October 05, 2006, 07:25:50 am #5 Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 07:38:14 am by GoHogsGo470
Sorry, but I agree with Hogfan064.  Larru makes the shirts and wants others to wear them but he will not wear one himself.  What's the point in making them at all if you aren't willing to stand behind your message?

And BTW, I understood the article just fine.  Sabin is siding with Larru on the T-Shirt debacle.  Big deal.  Hardly what I would call a "hit between the eyes".

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogfan064 on October 05, 2006, 06:52:41 am
Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 05, 2006, 06:40:21 am

Well, if you read the post correctly you'd understand I meant he "lost my support" and not that I was clueless.  Seems to me you're the one lost
I read your post correctly. You used incorrect sentence structure. Thus, anyone who knows how to read would conclude you were referring to the writer rather than the subject of the article. See the other two posts in the thread after my first one. They thought you referred to the writer too.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

gwddog

back 2 back 2 back