Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 23, 2024, 03:52:59 pm

"I called that play . . ."

Started by ncarty, October 05, 2006, 06:06:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ncarty

What's the background on the "I called that play, brotha" quote from Nutt?  I'm sort of new to the board but keep seeing it mentioned.  Was it something he said on his show?  I just don't remember the deal.
Thanks.

The real Hogules

People were complaining about HDN's play calling LAST year and suggesting we needed an OC (like MOST other SEC schools) before the Ole Miss game.
So, after we came from behind in the second half to pull out a win in Oxford, Nutt gets in front of a micrphone and tells the world "wasn't that a great win? I called those plays, brotha".
He was taking a shot at fans who had griped about his conservitive play calling and asked for a REAL OC.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hogfan064

This has since led to many humerous Nutt cartoons, captions, and fun with quotes

Hognoxious

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 05, 2006, 06:55:13 am
People were complaining about HDN's play calling LAST year and suggesting we needed an OC (like MOST other SEC schools) before the Ole Miss game.
So, after we came from behind in the second half to pull out a win in Oxford, Nutt gets in front of a micrphone and tells the world "wasn't that a great win? I called those plays, brotha".
He was taking a shot at fans who had griped about his conservitive play calling and asked for a REAL OC.

Actually, it was in reference to a particular play.
Chuck asked about the play in the postgame, and Houston said "I called that play brother!"
Awful lot of people got their nose out of joint about that.
I was a person who wanted an offensive coordinator - and I thought it was funny.
Many here, as you see hourly, are still pretty miffed...

dudelove

It's kind of silly that little comment got people's panties all in a wad. I wanted Nutt fired too, but sheesh.

geoffhog

It was just Nutt being Nutt. Way too much has been made of it.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Hawgasaurus

Funnier is that he would have to say something like that to feel justified. If his winning record was worth a dam, then he could let that do the talking for him...
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

dudelove

The reason people got their panties all in a wad was because they lash out at the man with snide comments and the first time he lets one rip....he gets blasted.  Again, I thought Nutt should have been fired after Vandy and USC, so I'm not really a Hugger...it's just a matter of people wanting to dish it out and not expect any retaliation at all.

Hawgasaurus

Why should a guy making 1.5 mill + per year need to fire back at the general public? You think he would collect his paycheck, be humble, accept & admit to his losses, be grateful, not pass on blame to fellow coaches & players, and be a man....  Oh yeah, he's an egomaniac - I almost forgot...
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.