Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Somebody's getting the message out there.....

Started by JIHawg, October 04, 2006, 10:56:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

After Nutt's inappropriate stunt climbing the ladder and playing the fool, one of the higher up suits, Dr. Sugg, came to his defense.  Now Nutt defends himself in his letter to the students in the Traveller today.

Where did Sugg and Nutt hear about the fans ridiculing Nutt's act?  That's right, the message in getting through loud and clear from the message boards, talk shows, and barber shops.

Keep the faith, brethren.  A grassroots coup is slowly crystallizing.  Signs of it everyday.

HatfieldHog

Problem is, I'm 45 years old, I'll be dead before it get's done.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

jhog45

i hope witnessing it was enough for his response

hogfan300

Quote from: JIHawg on October 04, 2006, 10:56:20 pm
After Nutt's inappropriate stunt climbing the ladder and playing the fool, one of the higher up suits, Dr. Sugg, came to his defense.  Now Nutt defends himself in his letter to the students in the Traveller today.

Where did Sugg and Nutt hear about the fans ridiculing Nutt's act?  That's right, the message in getting through loud and clear from the message boards, talk shows, and barber shops.

Keep the faith, brethren.  A grassroots coup is slowly crystallizing.  Signs of it everyday.

Actually, it was in the newspaper, on TV, and on call-in shows as well.  I didn't see anything wrong with the celebration.  I was at the game, and after it was over, it was one of those neat moments where nobody wanted to leave...most people just stayed a while longer to celebrate.  Good win.

socalhogcaller

Nutt is the first out of the tunnel when the players come out.  He looks more pumped than the players do before the game.  After the games, he celebrates harder than the players or the fans.  It does appear a bit narcissistic.  I don't mind emotion, but I do think you have to temper it with some humility.  We won that Bama game because an opposing kicker had a sorry game.  In that case, you calmly walk to the middle of the field and graciously acknowledge that you won a "tough" game.  All that said, Nutt's antics are the least of our worries at head coach.

PORK CHOP

i hope it dosent happen tomarrow Hatfeild for your sake

VoR

On this I will come to HDN's defense, since he came on board he has always celebrated victories with the student section and our fan sections at away games, the way I look at it when the day comes I have to go to the depths of nit-picking on him celebrating with the band and student section then we'll have a pretty damn good football team, but as I see it right now there's plenty to gripe about to keep me busy without touching that 1.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

Hoggy Hoggerton

The kids loved thim climing the ladder and leading us in the fight song.  It showed his passion.

RazorRaider

Quote from: Hoggy Hoggerton on October 05, 2006, 12:28:29 am
The kids loved thim climing the ladder and leading us in the fight song.  It showed his passion.

It was ridiculous. You have that kind of celebrating after winning a BIG game. Like a BCS game or a NC. Not a game where the opposing kicker sucks worse than ours does.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

enl35794

Yeah, thats what I dont get. All the Houston haters can get onto him for some decision making here and there. I understand that. But why the hell you gotta bash a dude because he is excited about gettin a big win.

I know its frowned upon to say crap like this on the message board, but it seems like a lot of posters on here are just out to be straight douchebags.

All these haters that want Houston out so bad, I'm perfectly willing to go out on the limb and say Houston cares about this football program more than any of you. And thats exactly why he celebrated like that. he's excited about the team and the direction its goin. I've said it quite frequently, go ahead and dislike Houston being our coach, but you dont have to be douchebags about it by ridiculing his every aspect of life.

I hope I see Houston climb that ladder for years. Yeah, I said it, for years.

Go Hogs!
"And I took the butcher knife and put it up to her neck. I said if you want to live to see tomorrow, you better start frying them eggs a little bit better than what you frying. I'm tired of eating sloppy, slimy eggs."

Jesco White

Albert Einswine

Jerry's kids have always loved that kind of thing.  A professional, confident football coach doesn't behave in that manner,  or need to behave in that manner.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

enl35794

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 05, 2006, 12:44:36 am

Jerry's kids have always loved that kind of thing.  A professional, confident football coach doesn't behave in that manner,  or need to behave in that manner.

Thats ridiculous. I'll agree that Houston isn't confident. But, I believe that's because all the fans who are supposed to be supoorting him are in turn bashing him. Why the hell would he be confident when the teams fans hate hiim?
"And I took the butcher knife and put it up to her neck. I said if you want to live to see tomorrow, you better start frying them eggs a little bit better than what you frying. I'm tired of eating sloppy, slimy eggs."

Jesco White

bigdaddyhawg

Can anyone out there name another coach at a NCAA DI school that acts this way?  I really can't think of any that have pulled this kind of behavior. 

That either means he's very, very special and unique and we're awfully lucky to have him as our coach, OR it means he's inappropriate, immature, unprofessional, and generally a clown.

Which is it?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

louisianahawg

I had a few friends that played under Nutt at MSU.  They all say he was the same way with the students.  Lay off already.  You guys  complain about everything.  Support the coaches and the players and we may have a decent season.

Richard_white

Quote from: enl35794 on October 05, 2006, 12:47:39 am

Thats ridiculous. I'll agree that Houston isn't confident. But, I believe that's because all the fans who are supposed to be supoorting him are in turn bashing him. Why the hell would he be confident when the teams fans hate hiim?

Those fans that hate HDN (doesn't include me) are the ones that supported him sometime in his years as HC.  Those same fans even supported him when he flirted with Nebraska.  He claimed I love that helmet.  He also said, my heart is with this team, this is my home.  A year later he put his name in the LSU job.  Doesn't that contradict what Dale said after he so claimed he loved the helmet and this is my home?

jresrev

We were all happy with the win, but a fist pump or a "Point to the Lord" would have worked just fine.

razorbackkid

I used to race moto-cross in Arkansas back in the day, I once won a race only because the dude ahead of me wrecked about 5 times.  He went on to be one of the sports greatest...Babyface Johnson.

I was glad to win but I knew Johnson simply had me outclassed all day.  I celebrated after I talked to him, he twisted his ankle before the first heat of the race.  That was the ONLY reason I won.

He wrecked in five hairpin turns and had to ease thru the jumps.

Imho, Houston should reckonize the reasons for the victory and be a good sport on the field first...before celebrating with the fans.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

enl35794

Quote from: Richard_white on October 05, 2006, 01:23:44 am
Quote from: enl35794 on October 05, 2006, 12:47:39 am

Those fans that hate HDN (doesn't include me) are the ones that supported him sometime in his years as HC.  Those same fans even supported him when he flirted with Nebraska.  He claimed I love that helmet.  He also said, my heart is with this team, this is my home.  A year later he put his name in the LSU job.  Doesn't that contradict what Dale said after he so claimed he loved the helmet and this is my home?

Mayeb I'm wrong, I'll go ahead and throw that out there. But, I remember it that Houston never threw his name into the LSU job. They were considering him, just like Nebraska. And what I heard was that Houston never considered it. But, like I said, maybe I heard wrong.

Jesco White

enl35794

Quote from: razorbackid on October 05, 2006, 01:40:45 am
I used to race moto-cross in Arkansas back in the day, I once won a race only because the dude ahead of me wrecked about 5 times.  He went on to be one of the sports greatest...Babyface Johnson.

I was glad to win but I knew Johnson simply had me outclassed all day.  I celebrated after I talked to him, he twisted his ankle before the first heat of the race.  That was the ONLY reason I won.

He wrecked in five hairpin turns and had to ease thru the jumps.

Imho, Houston should reckonize the reasons for the victory and be a good sport on the field first...before celebrating with the fans.

??? What ??? A win is a win. I'll take a win no matter how we get it. Just cause their kicker blew goat doesn't mean we shouldnt enjoy and celebrate the win.

Jesco White

riccoar

I think the proper answer is: "Act like you been there before."

enl35794

Quote from: riccoar on October 05, 2006, 01:48:49 am

Understandable> But, like him or not, one of Houstons biggest challenges right now is rallying the fans behind him. Thats what he was doing. He was celebrating and trying to bring the fans together under a big win. The negativity of the fans has completely undermined the win and any effort of rallying the fans.

Jesco White

RazorRaider

Quote from: enl35794 on October 05, 2006, 01:53:45 am

Understandable> But, like him or not, one of Houstons biggest challenges right now is rallying the fans behind him. Thats what he was doing. He was celebrating and trying to bring the fans together under a big win. The negativity of the fans has completely undermined the win and any effort of rallying the fans.

If Houston wants to rally the fans behind him he needs to announce he is resigning. That will get him a lot of fan support. :)

No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

riccoar

Wrong time.  I cheered like you wouldn't believe when we kicked the extra point.  That being said, I like many fans, understood Alabama's kicker had more to do with us winning, than our team's play.  In that case you acknowledge "a win is a win" and quietly move on.

razorbackkid

LMAO yes, I 2nd that

Quote from: RazorRaider on October 05, 2006, 01:55:06 am

If Houston wants to rally the fans behind him he needs to announce he is resigning. That will get him a lot of fan support. :)

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

werehog

Pete Carroll and the Trojan football team always salute the fans after an USC victory. The band plays Conquest and Fight On. During the game, a man dressed as a Trojan warrior aboard a white stallion (Traveler) circles the field after a Trojan TD. I thought the poor horse was going to die after the Arkansas game it ran so much. Is this over the top? Should the Trojans do away with this tradition? Is Pete Carroll a lousy coach? Everything HDN does isn't wrong. Should we boo him when he takes a morning whiz? Do not think I am HDN hugger. I am anything but.

However, we should stare reality in the face we are not going to get a name coach no matter how much we pay. The program is in too much disrepair fopr that and our fan base is far too cranky. We might be able to get Pat Hill or Kragthrope to come -- this a mighty big maybe? This isn't a program or a fan base that nurtures coaches. Ken Hatfield had 10 win seasons but bhe was too much a Bible-thumper ()which is pretty amazing in a Bible-belt Red State) and his team didn't have enough razzle-dazzle. Lou Holtz's teams won with flair but it seems like JFB was looking for a reason the fire him. Then there were the ugly 90's until HDN came along. We should be careful what we wish for because we just might get a coach who is considerably worse than HDN.

Corganist

Of course, if Houston had hung his head and jogged off the field "like he's been there before" or like he knew it wasn't a "real win," then the usual suspects would be griping that he's obviously lost his passion for the team, is just going through the motions, and doesn't care if we win or lose anymore.

The guy can't win for losing with some of you people.

enl35794

Quote from: werehog on October 05, 2006, 02:13:07 am
Pete Carroll and the Trojan football team always salute the fans after an USC victory. The band plays Conquest and Fight On. During the game, a man dressed as a Trojan warrior aboard a white stallion (Traveler) circles the field after a Trojan TD. I thought the poor horse was going to die after the Arkansas game it ran so much. Is this over the top? Should the Trojans do away with this tradition? Is Pete Carroll a lousy coach? Everything HDN does isn't wrong. Should we boo him when he takes a morning whiz? Do not think I am HDN hugger. I am anything but.

However, we should stare reality in the face we are not going to get a name coach no matter how much we pay. The program is in too much disrepair fopr that and our fan base is far too cranky. We might be able to get Pat Hill or Kragthrope to come -- this a mighty big maybe? This isn't a program or a fan base that nurtures coaches. Ken Hatfield had 10 win seasons but bhe was too much a Bible-thumper ()which is pretty amazing in a Bible-belt Red State) and his team didn't have enough razzle-dazzle. Lou Holtz's teams won with flair but it seems like JFB was looking for a reason the fire him. Then there were the ugly 90's until HDN came along. We should be careful what we wish for because we just might get a coach who is considerably worse than HDN.

I agree with you here. With the exception of the not getting a name coach. I think we could get a pretty decent coach here given all the young talent we've got. But, there's also that chance we dont. It doesn't matter. HDN will be here next season and we'll be hearin the same crap from now til then.

Jesco White

RazorRaider

Quote from: Corganist on October 05, 2006, 02:17:03 am
Of course, if Houston had hung his head and jogged off the field "like he's been there before" or like he knew it wasn't a "real win," then the usual suspects would be griping that he's obviously lost his passion for the team, is just going through the motions, and doesn't care if we win or lose anymore.

Poor ol' Houtson. Boo Hoo. Cry me a river. The buffoon gets 1.5 mil a year. I don't think asking for a little professionalism is asking for too much.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

riccoar

Quote from: Corganist on October 05, 2006, 02:17:03 am

Stoerner to Lucas against Tennessee would be warranted.  Celebrating a win given to you by another team's kicker, who most assuredly gave up trying to play "kick the can" as a youngster, is not.

RazorRaider

Quote from: BeoPig on October 05, 2006, 03:05:36 am
Wow you guys will bitch about anything.  Pretty pathetic when you get critical of our coach because he is too excited about a win.

Well what do you expect? We have a pathetic coach.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Pork Twain

Quote from: RazorRaider on October 05, 2006, 03:08:21 am
Wow you guys will bitch about anything.  Pretty pathetic when you get critical of our coach because he is too excited about a win.

Not gonna argue that one with you but some people on here, those being overly critical of HDN's celebreation, need to find something to do in their spare time.  I wish I would have been there because I would have been right beside him.  After the last couple of years.

P.S. where is it docuemented that HDN PUT his name in the LSU search?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

RazorRaider

Quote from: BeoPig on October 05, 2006, 03:11:40 am
Quote from: RazorRaider on October 05, 2006, 03:08:21 am

Not gonna argue that one with you but some people on here, those being overly critical of HDN's celebreation, need to find something to do in their spare time.  I wish I would have been there because I would have been right beside him.  After the last couple of years.

P.S. where is it docuemented that HDN PUT his name in the LSU search?

Not sure about the LSU search. It was not me bringing that part up. :)
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Pork Twain

I know it was just a general question on my part.

I am sick of losing and want Nutt gone the soonest but give the man a break. 
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

RazorRaider

Quote from: BeoPig on October 05, 2006, 03:15:01 am

I am afraid if we give him a break he will be here forever. :)
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Pork Twain

Quote from: RazorRaider on October 05, 2006, 03:15:51 am

I am not saying give him a break as support him.  I want him gone after this year unless he loses 2 or less games the rest of the year.  I just don't get being critical of the guy because he was so pumped after a close game.

RazorRaider

Quote from: BeoPig on October 05, 2006, 03:21:29 am
Quote from: RazorRaider on October 05, 2006, 03:15:51 am

I am not saying give him a break as support him.  I want him gone after this year unless he loses 2 or less games the rest of the year.  I just don't get being critical of the guy because he was so pumped after a close game.

My beef with it is this. It was a regular season game against a barely ranked team. It was not a huge post season game like say a BCS game or even a Conference Championship game. I just want to see a bit of professionalism. :)
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

ben_hoggin

Quote from: the_birdman on October 05, 2006, 12:14:35 am
On this I will come to HDN's defense, since he came on board he has always celebrated victories with the student section and our fan sections at away games, the way I look at it when the day comes I have to go to the depths of nit-picking on him celebrating with the band and student section then we'll have a pretty damn good football team, but as I see it right now there's plenty to gripe about to keep me busy without touching that 1.

I agree with what you say.

ClubChubby

The man speaks like a bafoon.
He coaches like a moron.
He engenders douchebaggery in his supporters.
He embarrasses the state at every turn.

Why didn't he just go across the field and spit in leigh tiffens' eye? Why didn't he laugh tiffen off the field like pete did to him?

RazorRaider

Quote from: ClubChubby on October 05, 2006, 04:26:21 am
The man speaks like a bafoon.
He coaches like a moron.
He engenders douchebaggery in his supporters.
He embarrasses the state at every turn.

Why didn't he just go across the field and spit in leigh tiffens' eye? Why didn't he laugh tiffen off the field like pete did to him?

Don't sugarcoat it Chubby. Tell us how you really feel. :)
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: PAHOGFAN on October 04, 2006, 11:10:03 pm
I think it was a little over the top.  I can understand the excitement of winning, since he is almost at last years total, but come on.  Needs to be a shade more professional.
Yeah, act like you've won a game before....that you shouldn't have .
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

EastexHawg

Can anyone name another head coach, at any level, who runs out onto the field IN FRONT OF his team?  I'm not saying there isn't one...just that I can't seem to think of any.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 05, 2006, 07:31:16 am
Can anyone name another head coach, at any level, who runs out onto the field IN FRONT OF his team?  I'm not saying there isn't one...just that I can't seem to think of any.
Tom Landry did, Bear Bryant did, Tom Osborne did, Frank Broyles did, Ara Parsighian did, Jimmy Johnson did. No...wait...they didn't.

I think Pete Carroll does though.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

CarolinaSwine

The scorn over Dale's post-Bama game celebration is just a kitchen-sink item for Darksiders like me who are SICK of the legitimate shortcomings he has had for 9 years.  The fact that we are having this thread shows that the sides are chosen and no one is budging.  If we lose, HDN caused it.  If we win, Gus and the SD5 caused it.  I believe there is more than enough evidence to support that assertion.

HedgeDweller

October 05, 2006, 07:40:10 am #43 Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 07:42:27 am by HedgeDweller

Are you comparing the student section with 'Jerry's kids'?
As nicely as I can, I would ask you to please not make cracks about the mentally or physically impaired.

EastexHawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 05, 2006, 07:33:32 am
Quote from: EastexHawg on October 05, 2006, 07:31:16 am
Tom Landry did, Bear Bryant did, Tom Osborne did, Frank Broyles did, Ara Parsighian did, Jimmy Johnson did. No...wait...they didn't.

I think Pete Carroll does though.

I think Pete just wants to hurry out of the tunnel when he plays the Hogs so he can be the first one to laugh at Nutt.

Speaking of which...boy, HDN really got revenge for ol' Pete and his coaches being so mean and laughing in his face last year, didn't he?  After all, he held them to 50 this year...

Albert Einswine

Quote from: HedgeDweller on October 05, 2006, 07:40:10 am

Are you comparing the student section with 'Jerry's kids'?
As nicely as I can, I would ask you to please not make cracks about the mentally or physically impaired.

I meant no harm to anyone and I apologize to anyone who may have been offended.  I was only commenting on the weakness of mind among those who revel in that type of unprofessional display from one who should conduct himself with the demeanor befitting a D-1,  SEC head coach.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker