HC's hot seat cooling down?

Started by fortcityhog, October 04, 2006, 11:35:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fortcityhog

according to this article he's got some time to make things better

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5886280

what do you think?

HogFaninGA

Well the article lost all credibility b/c AR is not Nutt's Alma Mater.

clew

that was posted 40 days ago.  The U of A is NOT HDN's Alma Mater.  Geez.  This guy does not know as much about Arkansas football or the innerworkings on the hill as nearly anyone on this forum.  Is his seat getting cooler?  I don't think so.  Wait until the book comes out and tell me how cool his seat is.
Pure as the dawn

excoach

Nutt is off the hot seat for now, because he isn't going to get fired in mid season. had he lost to Vandy or Alabama he would be burnt toast.

PAHog

Less than 6 wins and he'll probably stay?  No way.  He wins less than seven and either he or my donation and ticket money are gone.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: excoach on October 04, 2006, 11:40:28 am
Nutt is off the hot seat for now, because he isn't going to get fired in mid season. had he lost to Vandy or Alabama he would be burnt toast.

Coach, I agree that nothing JFB initiates will happen before the end of the season.  Now, action by Sexton and/or HDN is a strong possibility at anytime.  Because I think Nutt is gone after this season whether his record  is 4-7 or 9-3. 

hawgabilly

Why are you linking a 6 week old article???

Quote from: fortcityhog on October 04, 2006, 11:35:34 am
according to this article he's got some time to make things better

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5886280

what do you think?

arkjay19

How about this . . . if you find anything older than 3 days old, don't post it.  More than likely what you will post has upset enough people already and has been debated over and over.

tbhogfan

For everyone's information the term Alma Mater is defined as (emphasis added):

a school, college, or university which one has attended or from which one has graduated

buy a dictionary, folks!!!!!
Go Hogs!

Tomhog™

Quote from: PAHog on October 04, 2006, 11:44:11 am
Less than 6 wins and he'll probably stay?  No way.  He wins less than seven and either he or my donation and ticket money are gone.

Didn't you hear Rick?  He said there are 522,000 others out there waiting to buy up your season tickets?  It won't hurt the business at all...

HogFaninGA

Quote from: tbhogfan on October 04, 2006, 12:37:26 pm

a school, college, or university which one has attended or from which one has graduated

Different dictionaries give different definitions of the word Alma Mater.  Most people think it is a school one has graduated from.  Thanks for the English lesson though.

Main Entry: al·ma ma·ter
Pronunciation: "al-m&-'mä-t&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, fostering mother
1 : a school, college, or university from which one has graduated from
2 : the song or hymn of a school, college, or university

tbhogfan

Quote from: HogFaninGA on October 04, 2006, 12:43:12 pm

Different dictionaries give different definitions of the word Alma Mater.  Most people think it is a school one has graduated from.  Thanks for the English lesson though.

Most dictionaries use the definition I gave, including the Oxford English Dictionary and Miriam Webster.  What people think is irrelevant to the proper usage of the word.   The bottom line is that Houston attended the U of A, and it is his Alma Mater--by definition.   
Go Hogs!

PAHog

Put down the pillows and get over yourselves.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

HogFaninGA

Quote from: tbhogfan on October 04, 2006, 01:13:21 pm
Quote from: HogFaninGA on October 04, 2006, 12:43:12 pm

Most dictionaries use the definition I gave, including the Oxford English Dictionary and Miriam Webster.  What people think is irrelevant to the proper usage of the word.   The bottom line is that Houston attended the U of A, and it is his Alma Mater--by definition.  

LOL ok whatever

Mike Shelton

HogHillbilly

It's one of those situations like boiling a live frog................
Put the frog in boiling water and he jumps out..........
Put the frog in cold water and slowly bring the water to a boil................

DEAD FROG !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

excoach

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on October 04, 2006, 12:20:36 pm
Quote from: excoach on October 04, 2006, 11:40:28 am

Coach, I agree that nothing JFB initiates will happen before the end of the season.  Now, action by Sexton and/or HDN is a strong possibility at anytime.  Because I think Nutt is gone after this season whether his record  is 4-7 or 9-3. 

I agree, what happens will come at the end of the season. I hope we have a good record so other colleges will want to hire him.

ColinRagan

What if we win 8+ games and NC State or some other coach gets canned after the regular season before the bowls and Nutt bolts for that job leaving us hanging for the bowl game.............who would the interim coach be?