Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All you good old boys that are preaching conspiracy on the Hill please read.

Started by PigPusher, October 02, 2006, 09:49:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Hogg

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 02, 2006, 02:58:51 pm
Gus is not the kind to complain.
I will assure you he's not running his offense.
He's calling plays to a hybrid system that includes the spread out of a shotgun minus the HUNH with some I formation plays thrown in.
This is Houston Nutt's decision. You can praise him or blame him but he's calling the shots. The only thing he's given up is the actual play calling duties and he still has a say in that. Honestly I'd describe HDN as the head coach and co-offensive coordinator.
That means Gus Malzahn is the receivers coach and co offensive coordinator.

Goober is only giving up what he thinks he has to to keep people happy.  How manipulative can a grown man be?  To me, along with all his other stunts, this shows what type of person he is.  He is so egotistical and petty that he can not let Gus do what he was hired to do.  How anyone can support what he does once they know the truth is beyond me.  I can only guess they just choose to not believe it.  Thanks Mike, for the truth.

PigPusher

Quote from: Idahog on October 02, 2006, 02:37:53 pm
Quote from: PigPusher on October 02, 2006, 09:49:51 am
Malzahn has said a number of times that they are working on a blend of the old offense with the new.  Here they talk about that again.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/nwat/45514/

To me it looks like we are in good hands and it certainly looks like they are on the same page on the hill. It does not look like it is us (Boise boys) against them (Malzahn).

Please, don't refer to them as Boise boys, Boise St. did a great job at not having them for more then one losing season.

They are the MSM, Murray boys, Ghestatpo auf Murray St. etc. but they never earned the title of Boise boys.  ;D

Jeeez Ida... didn't mean to demean anyone. :)  Would Boise gals work better?  ;)  I really am sorry.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

BloodRedHog

The damage is being done...Nutt either does not see this (stupidity) or does not care (leaving at year end.)
The effects of this egotism could have far reaching consequences.
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

OKhogfan1959

Why do the huggers make such a big deal out of the fact that Gus was a high school coach?  A lot of great coaches started at that level. What's the big deal?

Nutt is making a lot of enemies and has very little support in my area. How do you think the high school coaches are taking this negative talk about HS coaches? I don't think Nutt has the support of Arkansas HS coaches.

hog caller

don't know what we will see Saturday but we ran 42 plays from the huddle last wednesday at practice.

agreed Gus wasn't hired to scrap the offence we knew . he was hired as the O coordinator and has a solid input to what happens in a game irregardless of what others with voodoo dolls have to say.

i'm sure he is capable of stressing what he is telling us in practice  we have to get better at what we do,.
he has had two weeks to get us better so i'm in a WAIT AND SEE MODE .

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: HedgeDweller on October 02, 2006, 09:57:30 am
Quote from: KEYS on October 02, 2006, 09:55:06 am
Quote from: PigPusher on October 02, 2006, 09:49:51 am
Malzahn has said a number of times that they are working on a blend of the old offense with the new.  Here they talk about that again.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/nwat/45514/

To me it looks like we are in good hands and it certainly looks like they are on the same page on the hill. It does not look like it is us (Boise boys) against them (Malzahn).

“ Offensively, we’re not clicking like we need to, ” said Malzahn last Tuesday. “ So this is very good for us. We’re not worried about Auburn. We’re worried about ourselves. ”

“ We’ve got to do a better job of keeping the defense off the field, ” he said. “ We have to a better job of mental preparation, physical preparation and do a better job on Saturdays. That’s our goal for this week and that’s our focus. There is some progress being made. But it’s got to be made on Saturdays. ”

“ We’re capable of being a very good offense, ” Malzahn said. “ It’s just a matter of being more consistent. We’ve just got to show it on Saturdays. ”

Which part of Gus' quotes suggests he's embracing the "hybrid" offense?

Maybe he didn't say it verbatim in this article, but I have heard him say that a few times before also....

WTH?

Why do some people insist on citing a post or a news story, then explaining their position on an issue stating that the story or post substatiates them, when in fact the two are not related at all?

Gus said nothing in this post about integrating the two styles of offense. He said he was going to bring balance to the Hog offense.

Debates are won with facts, not supposition.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

spahoopsfan

I've read and heard over and over about we need to run so we can control the clock.  Guess what you can run three time and punt and how much time does that burn up?  Not much. Our offense really hasn't done a bad job.  I look at the fact that how come our defense hasn't given our offense the ball in order to control the clock.  Yes we had turn overs in two games which hurt, but I can't believe our coaches aren't smart enough to realize that the time of possession is overrated and its the defense's responsibility as much as the offense.  Another point, these are young men in their late teens and early twenty's.  Get in shape.  When I was that age we played basketball all day.   I know I hear the responses.  But its the truth.  They lift weights and run fast, but don't have the endurance.  Pitchers can't pitch more than 100 pitches, basketball players can't play more than 30 minutes, and football players can't play more than 50 snaps over a three hour period.  And we make excuses for them.  I say again let the offense worry about the offense and the defense can play better and get their little rest time.

silvertip

Quote from: PigPusher on October 02, 2006, 09:59:17 am
Quote from: 311Hog on October 02, 2006, 09:57:45 am
Someone please explain to me why our NEW Offensive Coordinator should blend his offense with the "old" offense "laugh" ?

Shouldnt it go more like this? Hire new OC he installs his offense and you go from there?

Because of the running talent we have.

And why would our running talent clash with the HUNH?
Have you even read Gus's book? I get weary of comments like that. You can run just as well as pass out of the HUNH.
Gus's teams were often about 50/50 run/pass plays, which of course resulted in a lot of passing yards. But Gus also had a 1000yd rusher at Springdale.

silvertip

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 02, 2006, 02:58:51 pm
Gus is not the kind to complain.
I will assure you he's not running his offense.
He's calling plays to a hybrid system that includes the spread out of a shotgun minus the HUNH with some I formation plays thrown in.
This is Houston Nutt's decision. You can praise him or blame him but he's calling the shots. The only thing he's given up is the actual play calling duties and he still has a say in that. Honestly I'd describe HDN as the head coach and co-offensive coordinator.
That means Gus Malzahn is the receivers coach and co offensive coordinator.

Well Mike, in your opinion, is this the amount of control that Gus was promised and/or expected?

If not, what can he do about it?

Looks to me like Nutt has his hamhands all over this offense still. The only reason I have any patience with this is because it might be best to break MM in gradually. He is forcing throws into coverage & having trouble knowing when to just throw it away.

So, Nutt has his "young QB" excuse. Wouldn't be as hard to take if Nutt hasn't had one excuse after another for years, as to why he can't have a passing game.

Kevin

i ask this the other day. how can a qb who was turned wr then back to qb be able to run this offense.  see carolina vs auburn.  we cannot.  also, some of you are confused by thinking the hunh has to be pass happy. have you watched west virginia?

his book said you have to commit to it 100%, he wrote the book when he called his own shots, not saying the party line.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

craigr417

THE FACTS:

*  The UA signed great athletes in February on the promise that Gus would be running his offense.

*  If it were not for the promise that Gus' offense would be implemented, none of those players would have signed.

*  There was NEVER any discussion with recruits about "phasing-in" Gus' offense via a "hybrid".

*  Gus' book clearly states you must commit 100% to his philosophy or it won't work.

*  Gus was hired with the assurance that he would run his offense.

*  None of the recruits signed up to play Nuttball or a "hybrid" offense.  They signed to play Gus' HUNH.

*  The current roster has all the players necessary to run the HUNH.  (see HUNH summary stickied at the top of MMQB).

*  If Gus were only hired to sign his players, it is a NCAA recruiting violation as well as being blatently dishonest.

*  Gus was hired as the offensive coordinator but has NOT been allowed to implement his offense.
It's hard to install a new offense overnight.  They can't even execute the old offense rightnow, why throw something new at them.  The players say their ready to run hunh, and I don't beleive them.  The rec's run the wrong routes, and are dropping catchable balls.  Mitch has not adapted to the speed of the game, hence the 3 int's he threw in the Alabama game.  Keys I just don't understand your logic.  Why change when the players aren't ready for it, no matter how talented they are.

craigr417

How can you say that he needs more time to learn when he's not running his offense ?

So Mike what are we doing?  Does Gus not have control?  Is there tension amongst the team, can we expect transfers if so?

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: craigr417 on October 03, 2006, 03:18:28 pm
THE FACTS:

*  The UA signed great athletes in February on the promise that Gus would be running his offense.

*  If it were not for the promise that Gus' offense would be implemented, none of those players would have signed.

*  There was NEVER any discussion with recruits about "phasing-in" Gus' offense via a "hybrid".

*  Gus' book clearly states you must commit 100% to his philosophy or it won't work.

*  Gus was hired with the assurance that he would run his offense.

*  None of the recruits signed up to play Nuttball or a "hybrid" offense.  They signed to play Gus' HUNH.

*  The current roster has all the players necessary to run the HUNH.  (see HUNH summary stickied at the top of MMQB).

*  If Gus were only hired to sign his players, it is a NCAA recruiting violation as well as being blatently dishonest.

*  Gus was hired as the offensive coordinator but has NOT been allowed to implement his offense.
It's hard to install a new offense overnight.  They can't even execute the old offense rightnow, why throw something new at them.  The players say their ready to run hunh, and I don't beleive them.  The rec's run the wrong routes, and are dropping catchable balls.  Mitch has not adapted to the speed of the game, hence the 3 int's he threw in the Alabama game.  Keys I just don't understand your logic.  Why change when the players aren't ready for it, no matter how talented they are.
Why remain static when you are unable to run the current offense we have been running for 8+ years?  This sort of circular reasoning baffles me.  8th graders all over the United States run this offense.  You WILL NOT learn any offense by not running it.  The fact that some think you can is both ignorant and stupid.

craigr417

Keys I don't want a summary of the book, I know what it says.  My arguement is execution, just like the same arguement I made lastweekend before I ruffled somebody's feathers.  It's hard to install any offense when you can't execute what you got.  See my refernces to dropped balls and not adapting to speed yet.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: craigr417 on October 03, 2006, 03:27:37 pm
Keys I don't want a summary of the book, I know what it says.  My arguement is execution, just like the same arguement I made lastweekend before I ruffled somebody's feathers.  It's hard to install any offense when you can't execute what you got.  See my refernces to dropped balls and not adapting to speed yet.
See my references to remaining static.  Please respond.

HedgeDweller

Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 02, 2006, 02:08:10 pm
PulledPork,
I believe Gus proved himself at a high school level did he not. Take time to read my post throughout next time and you might understand.  I guess by your comments Gus played against SEC caliber high school teams last year. 

Gus wasn't able to beat Rison with the HUNH....
Just a fact.

PulledPork

Quote from: HedgeDweller on October 03, 2006, 03:32:06 pm
PulledPork,
I believe Gus proved himself at a high school level did he not. Take time to read my post throughout next time and you might understand.  I guess by your comments Gus played against SEC caliber high school teams last year. 

Just a fact.
I swear, has anybody said he would go undefeated with his philosophy?  NO!!  But it is a proven method to put points on the board in bunches and quickly.  Even the best fb minds this game has ever know have lost a few...
you are really grasping/gasping here!

Pulled out...®

excoach

Quote from: KEYS on October 03, 2006, 03:37:08 pm
Quote from: craigr417 on October 03, 2006, 03:27:37 pm

I didn't provide a link to the summary of the book.  I provided a link to a post that addresses the excuses being thrown around.  Go to my profile.  Click on "show the last posts of this person" and read them.  Once you've done so, I'll be happy to answer any additional questions you have about my "logic".

craig417: You ever tried to catch a pass with both hands behind your back? Pretty hard isnt it. same thing for Gus, if he can't use his whole philosophy then you have what we have now a micky mouse NUTTY offensive scheme.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: PulledPork on October 03, 2006, 03:40:45 pm
PulledPork,

Just a fact.
I swear, has anybody said he would go undefeated with his philosophy?  NO!!  But it is a proven method to put points on the board in bunches and quickly.  Even the best fb minds this game has ever know have lost a few...

Pulled out...®
PP, you have to ignore Hedge.  He does nothing but sidetrack discussions, and obfuscate the truth.  Don't get sucked in.

PulledPork

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 03, 2006, 03:45:33 pm
PulledPork,

Just a fact.

Pulled out...®
PP, you have to ignore Hedge.  He does nothing but sidetrack discussions, and obfuscate the truth.  Don't get sucked in.
I know, but it is fun to pick at their brains a little....

what's left of them!

Pulled out...®

craigr417

Keys, I just don't see it, I understand the frustration we want to win, but we're not getting the results we like.  We tried to run the hunh in high school and we just didn't get it, because we didn't have the total package to run it.  Maybe the staff feels the same way?  Or maybe it's the coaches I dunno

TulsaHogFan

So your saying you don't see any obvious excuse for not running the HUNH?

Cause i agree with that statement. 

craigr417

I'm just saying there's a reason why we're not doing well.  But hey it's no skin off my back, if they don't win, none of them will be here next year.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: craigr417 on October 03, 2006, 04:12:06 pm
I'm just saying there's a reason why we're not doing well.  But hey it's no skin off my back, if they don't win, none of them will be here next year.

Your more on target than you realize.

Porkahontas

My God, people, have some of you not learned yet that KEYS is about as connected with this freshmen class of players as a person can get?

The man was one of about 3 or 4 people out there who pretty much told it exactly how it was during the Mustain recruitment. IM's with KEYS proved it even more to me personally during the recruiting period. He definitely has some sort of personal relationship with Mitch and it has been discussed to the point where it should be written in the rules of the board that "KEYS knows what the hell he is talking about when he talks about this freshmen class."

Here's some more evidence for some of you turkeys who continue to think we would've gotten these players had Gus not been hired. Mitch, Ben, and Damian were not UofA commits when Nutt was hee-hawing around "looking" to not hire an OC. Neither were London Crawford, Carlton Salters, Marques Wade, and a few other guys. Our recruiting class was absolutely abysmal before Gus was hired.

What, do some of you think Gus went and told these players "We're going to run a hybrid offense mixing Nutt's run run run with my pass pass pass?" Gus had the assurances at the time that the offense was his. The kids signed. Guess what? Gus and these freshmen were completely lied to.

Debate what some of you want to debate. KEYS knows what the hell he is talking about. If you can't argue some of the facts he's laying out there with solid factual evidence that you know what you're talking about, then don't make a fool of yourselves and save the trouble of replying to him.

My head hurts. Where's the aspirin?

hog_fan

Porkahontas,

Your wasting your time with these huggers. They are incapable of getting it and accepting the facts which is Nutt is not a 1/10 of the coach they think he is.

FLKeysGuy

Wow.  Thanks Porkahontas! 

My delay in reply was due to this horrible distraction called "career".  ;)

Okay, I'm gonna try to make my point as clearly as possible:

It's hard to golf using a fishing pole. 
It's hard to catch fish with a golf club. 
You simply have to commit to either golfing or fishing. 
If you're gonna golf, use your clubs. 
If you're gonna fish, take your poles.
Any questions?

311Hog

Quote from: KEYS on October 03, 2006, 04:29:36 pm

Any questions?

LOL even the simplest of well you know can grasp that (i hope) Great post FL KEYS!

excoach

Quote from: Porkahontas on October 03, 2006, 04:15:15 pm
My God, people, have some of you not learned yet that KEYS is about as connected with this freshmen class of players as a person can get?

The man was one of about 3 or 4 people out there who pretty much told it exactly how it was during the Mustain recruitment. IM's with KEYS proved it even more to me personally during the recruiting period. He definitely has a connection directly with Mitch and it has been discussed to the point where it should be written in the rules of the board that "KEYS knows what the hell he is talking about when he talks about this freshmen class."

Here's some more evidence for some of you turkeys who continue to think we would've gotten these players had Gus not been hired. Mitch, Ben, and Damian were not UofA commits when Nutt was hee-hawing around "looking" to not hire an OC. Neither were London Crawford, Carlton Salters, Marques Wade, and a few other guys. Our recruiting class was absolutely abysmal before Gus was hired.

What, do some of you think Gus went and told these players "We're going to run a hybrid offense mixing Nutt's run run run with my pass pass pass?" Gus had the assurances at the time that the offense was his. The kids signed. Guess what? Gus and these freshmen were completely lied to.

Debate what some of you want to debate. KEYS knows what the hell he is talking about. If you can't argue some of the facts he's laying out there with solid factual evidence that you know what you're talking about, then don't make a fool of yourselves and save the trouble of replying to him.

My head hurts. Where's the aspirin?
Quote from: KEYS on October 03, 2006, 04:29:36 pm

Any questions?

Great posts by both you guys.

Porkahontas

Quote from: hog_fan on October 03, 2006, 04:21:19 pm
Porkahontas,

Your wasting your time with these huggers. They are incapable of getting it and accepting the facts which is Nutt is not a 1/10 of the coach they think he is.

Reading some of this crap makes me want to put my head through a window.

Something to start with is that Keys and Mitch definitely, 100% w/o a doubt, have some sort of connection. Realize that before arguing with Keys about what is going on with the freshmen on this team. 

Houston Nutt could be a pretty damn good coach if he would step the hell back and let Gus run the offense, let Reggie run the defense, and just do the job of managing the game and helping where help was needed. His fingerprints are all over the offense and it's evident by the fact that the hurry-up no-huddle offense isn't hurried up and it sure the hell isn't no-huddling.

Just one last thing...Ben, London, and Damian were committed ELSEWHERE before Gus was hired, meaning they figured Arkansas would continue running Nutt's no-pass offense and they chose to go elsewhere and not play for Houston Nutt. When Gus was hired, the prospect of playing in his system (and all signs pointed to it being Gus's system) was what got them to come to Arkansas. Not Houston Nutt's tecmo bowl playbook, but Gus's philosophy and system.

Hog Fan 51

Everyone here is forgetting one major thing about the Houston Nutt Philosophy on football. We need to play conservative so we don't lose. If we run the ball 40 times a game we will be less likely to turn the ball over. Here is the simple fact Nutt's coaching has become so conservative and predictable that he wont throw the ball unless it 3rd and 30. He is not going to run a hurry up offense b/c he is scared to lose. Plain and simple.
Whoo Pig Foey!
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

hydrophonic

INCREDIBLE!

Quote from: Porkahontas on October 03, 2006, 04:15:15 pmit should be written in the rules of the board that "KEYS knows what the hell he is talking about when he talks about this freshmen class."

Going straight to my sig line since so many are sure to miss it.

Strong couple of post Porkahontas. +1
"The future sucks." "Change it."

hog_fan

I totally agree. The darksiders I'm pretty sure would agree. Nutt can't stand not having a say in play calling. With HUNH I think he would have less say. Oris or Dudley whoever said it about HUNH being bad was preparing us for more of the same. They said the coaches said ball control.  Our hopes lie in Frank and Jim Lindsey's hand.

RazorRaider

I look at it this way. We have nothing to lose saturday. Auburn in the number 2 ranked team in the country. We have been given no chance to win. What would it hurt to run the HUNH? Of course to do that would mean Nutt and his I formation BS offense would look bad. And we all know what happens to anything that might remotely make ol' Nutt look bad.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

Hoop

Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

HogBlogger

KEYS is all over this one.  You guys that are attempting to debate him are fairly unarmed by comparison.

The issues with running the offense the way Gus wants to that people are throwing around are just smoke.  You could tell by the way Houston Dale was in practice when Gus shifted practice to the hurry-up no-huddle that he wasn't going to give it much of a chance.

We have the talent to run the offense.  I think we are way better prepared than you might expect.   

Our defense has had issues from the first quarter of the USC game.  It is improving.  Our offense has not been improving.  Why?  I like the word someone used - 'mutant'.  You can't be half in one philosophy and half in another and make it work.  This is more complicated than what play is called or what formation we line up in, it is the overall approach to what you are trying to accomplish.   If you go back into the Razorblogger.net archives you'll find that I described this exact situation way back when Gus was just a dream.  Unfortunately, it is playing out as if I had ESP(N) or something.

Simply put - Gus is not getting to do his thing his way.  I agree with him.  We are capable of having a much better offense than what we are showing lately.

You guys need to quit fussing with KEYS.  Free speech and right to an opinon is one thing.  Being foolish enough to go up against someone who knows the story is another.

mckinneyhog

PulledPork,

Just a fact.

Pulled out...®
Quote from: PulledPork on October 03, 2006, 03:46:44 pm
Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 03, 2006, 03:45:33 pm
PulledPork,

Just a fact.

Pulled out...®
I know, but it is fun to pick at their brains a little....

what's left of them!

Pulled out...®

Pulledpork,
You firmly believe that you have picked at my brains?  It is very obvious by your comments you have no clue what you are talking about.  Who said that you said he would go undefeated with his (Gus) philosophy?  Hong Kong Sooey sounds like he is trying to get the subject matter sidetracked by his ridiculous comment.  I believe Hedge and myself were just giving facts not opinions like yourself. 

GTOWNHOG

Rumour has it that some of our most prized freshmen recruits are becoming disenchanted with the line that HDN sold them...    He still has control of the offense.  They are waiting to see if he installs more of the HUNH or not.  We may see a few of our most promising players transfer at year end if HDN continues to stifle Malzhan.  But then....what do you expect from someon who is a control freak? ???
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

TheMediocreEra

PigKahuna

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on October 03, 2006, 09:33:23 pm
Rumour has it that some of our most prized freshmen recruits are becoming disenchanted with the line that HDN sold them...    He still has control of the offense.  They are waiting to see if he installs more of the HUNH or not.  We may see a few of our most promising players transfer at year end if HDN continues to stifle Malzhan.  But then....what do you expect from someon who is a control freak? ???

Honestly, I love our young players, but the opinions of players should have NOTHING to do with the coaching decisions.  I would have no respect for coaches who let the players set the agenda.

BloodRedHog

Quote from: PigKahuna on October 03, 2006, 09:39:16 pm

Honestly, I love our young players, but the opinions of players should have NOTHING to do with the coaching decisions.  I would have no respect for coaches who let the players set the agenda.

Wow...can't wait for the fireworks to begin...
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: PigKahuna on October 03, 2006, 09:39:16 pm

SO am I understanding right that you currently do respect said coaches?
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

brodie_hawg

i think IF we have a 9 or 10 win season, the players would get over what type of offense we ran and be happy for a good season

PigKahuna

No, I'm saying I wouldn't respect any division 1 coaching staff that went against their own judgement to bow down to some players.  Flame away.

razor

Wally, is that you? Rumor has it that...........Come on dude, please.

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: PigKahuna on October 03, 2006, 09:42:52 pm
No, I'm saying I wouldn't respect any division 1 coaching staff that went against their own judgement to bow down to some players.  Flame away.

Would it/should it suprise you if you lied to that player(s) and they threatened to leave?  And I guess instead of "bowing" down you let them walk?
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: razor on October 03, 2006, 09:43:28 pm
Wally, is that you? Rumor has it that...........Come on dude, please.

Yeah can you substantiate any of these claims?

hog_fan

PigKahuna ,

The players have been lied to. Why should they not be upset? Why should their parents not be upset their kids were victims of HDN lies? Why should the fans not be upset players have been outright lied to? Why should the fans not be upset they were lied to? Why should the players not be upset a man they greatly admire and respect in Gus was lied to? Nutt is taken the program down and he will go down with it. He is an embarrassment to the program and the state. I ask that you respond to my questions with something other than all of this is speculation. It is a fact they were lied to.

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: PigKahuna on October 03, 2006, 09:42:52 pm

I agree.  While I want Nutt gone yesterday, players shouldn't make the decisions of a program.....

Michigan St. hired Bobby Williams to succeed Saban because the players wanted him.

Duke hired Ted Roof because the players wanted him.

Arkansas stepped away from Tommy Tuberville at the last minute because the Ole Miss players reported he was too negative.

You can go on and on about situations where players have influenced bad decisions.

Find fault with Nutt all you wish, and I believe you are correct.   However, decisions about the long term future of the program can not be made by a few disgruntled players. 

Remember, there were quite a few players who were upset Robert Johnson was pulled as starting QB.  If those players decided to transfer because of that decision, would this board be upset about it?

EastexHawg

If nothing else, Nutt knows how to save his own skin.  He will throw the players a bone by running some HUNH late in the year, while coming up with some cockamamy excuse for why he didn't do so earlier.  The players will relent and decide to give him "another chance" next year. 

And...Razorback football will continue to be held hostage by our precious head buffoon in charge for yet another year.