Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OTL: Baylor faces accusations of ignoring sex assault claims against athletes

Started by jbcarol, January 31, 2016, 11:38:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pulled(PP)pork

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on January 31, 2016, 04:45:54 pm
nothing to see here, just a Title IX issue

PP

Thought I agree with you on some aspects on Title IX are ridiculous (like football being part of the equal scholarship formula), if this had happened to your child, it might be a big deal. There was an obvious pattern at Baylor that was being ignored.

LZH

People have so easily forgotten the awful mess that happened with their basketball program years ago. Swept. Under. The. Rug.

kodiakisland

Quote from: Philip Seaton on January 31, 2016, 06:52:34 pm
Thought I agree with you on some aspects on Title IX are ridiculous (like football being part of the equal scholarship formula), if this had happened to your child, it might be a big deal. There was an obvious pattern at Baylor that was being ignored.
Quote from: Karma on January 31, 2016, 07:38:02 pm
Sarcasm?

Uh, you might want to look into current events at FSU if you don't understand his post.  Should be pretty clear.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

SooiecidetillNuttgone

At the risk of getting blasted, why should any university get involved in legal matters?  They're pretty poor at providing an unbiased education.  Do we really want them meddling in what should be police and court matters?   There's a gender bias in which both men and women believe the woman before the facts are even heard.  You're going to trust a college to handle everything correctly and fairly?   Fairly for the man or the WOMAN?  If the ESPN article is accurate, Baylor dropped the ball on ''Tanya's'' behalf.

I've sat on a military jury in a ''date rape'' trial.
Messy.  He said.  She said.  The evidence, while scientifically accurate, couldn't tell us if it was consensual or not because it wasn't a violent encounter.  This was with both the civilian authorities and investigators as well as the military ones involved.  In the end, the situation was so complicated and murky that we weren't sure.  We believed he was innocent based on testimony and inconclusive evidence but wasn't sure.  He was found innocent of rape and guilty of improper behavior.  He was court martialed and given a dishonorable discharge.

For those of you pointing and screaming, weren't we all laughing at the farce and the lies that happened at Mizzou?

Let the authorities do their job.  If he's guilty, booted off the team, out of school, and then he/she gets whatever the court says as well.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pulled(PP)pork

Mr Seaton, talk with the boss of HV and see if we can get a sarcasm button added

🙄

PP

SemperHawg

Meanwhile FSU just quietly settled their Title IX lawsuit with Winston's accuser.  Paid her our 950K, her lawyer took 700 of it.

EastexHawg

And there Jon Gruden was last night, praising Jameis Winston the rapist.  He even talked about how excited Tampa Bay fans are over having him as their QB.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HogimusMaximus

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: SemperHawg on February 01, 2016, 08:37:09 am
Meanwhile FSU just quietly settled their Title IX lawsuit with Winston's accuser.  Paid her our 950K, her lawyer took 700 of it.
that's in dispute.....

PP

southarkhog06

LRHawg

Baylor told her, "If a plane falls on your daughter, there is nothing we can do to help."

Yeah, that is definitely the attitude I look for when sending my child to a school.

Capital W - T - F

WMHawgfan

Quote from: LRHawg on February 01, 2016, 10:48:37 am
Baylor told her, "If a plane falls on your daughter, there is nothing we can do to help."

Yeah, that is definitely the attitude I look for when sending my child to a school.

Capital W - T - F
Goes to show how powerful CFB has become and how badly schools want to stay on top. Incidents like these get swept under the rug, yet you can find numerous accounts where schools have gone to the opposite extreme and dismissed students without following any measure of due process for just the accusation of sexual assault.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: DLUXHOG on February 01, 2016, 08:57:56 am
big news about this in Dallas Morning News this morning.... very interesting....
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/baylorbears/2016/01/31/report-baylor-faces-accusations-failure-investigate-sexual-assaults-adequately-ignoring-alleged-victims
Certainly not to make any light of this sad and tragic situation. However, I just can't help but think those Ole Miss boosters/administration will do ANYTHING to get something else on the front page to move their own possible NCAA violations out of the news.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: LRHawg on February 01, 2016, 10:48:37 am

Capital W - T - F
Exactly the spirit a good religion based school should display. Yep, lead by example is alive and well down in beautiful Waco. Sure is a ringing endorsement for those "bares".

PorkRinds

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 31, 2016, 10:05:01 pm
At the risk of getting blasted, why should any university get involved in legal matters?  They're pretty poor at providing an unbiased education.  Do we really want them meddling in what should be police and court matters?   There's a gender bias in which both men and women believe the woman before the facts are even heard.  You're going to trust a college to handle everything correctly and fairly?   Fairly for the man or the WOMAN?  If the ESPN article is accurate, Baylor dropped the ball on ''Tanya's'' behalf.

I've sat on a military jury in a ''date rape'' trial.
Messy.  He said.  She said.  The evidence, while scientifically accurate, couldn't tell us if it was consensual or not because it wasn't a violent encounter.  This was with both the civilian authorities and investigators as well as the military ones involved.  In the end, the situation was so complicated and murky that we weren't sure.  We believed he was innocent based on testimony and inconclusive evidence but wasn't sure.  He was found innocent of rape and guilty of improper behavior.  He was court martialed and given a dishonorable discharge.

For those of you pointing and screaming, weren't we all laughing at the farce and the lies that happened at Mizzou?

Let the authorities do their job.  If he's guilty, booted off the team, out of school, and then he/she gets whatever the court says as well.

AYSM?  Read up on this story.  It's terrible.  The school is at fault.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: WMHawgfan on February 01, 2016, 11:23:20 am
Goes to show how powerful CFB has become and how badly schools want to stay on top. Incidents like these get swept under the rug, yet you can find numerous accounts where schools have gone to the opposite extreme and dismissed students without following any measure of due process for just the accusation of sexual assault.

It doesn't even need to be assault.  If a man says aggressive things, like you suck or you're a liar, he can be reported and found guilty by the ''highly esteemed'' college Reich........Then booted.

Also, because our little ''princesses'' are doing this so frequently now, there are law firms popping up that specialize in defending these ''harsh name callers'' in these kollege kangaroo kourts.

Much surprised my previous post got no play.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

DeltaBoy

I decided years ago never to send my daughter to Baylor after this I will not go to any of their ministers conferences either.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 01, 2016, 11:44:46 am
AYSM?  Read up on this story.  It's terrible.  The school is at fault.

I'm not addressing this one incident.  I'm speaking to the broader subject. By the account I read on the ESPN site, the bumbling college dropped the ball on HER behalf.  Still, an example of how the college isn't well, or unbiasedly equipped for this. 

An athlete's involved?  Side with the athlete.  A regular guy's involved?  Side with the woman.
His response to me:

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 01, 2016, 11:49:05 am
I'm not addressing this one incident.  I'm speaking to the broader subject. By the account I read on the ESPN site, the bumbling college dropped the ball on HER behalf.  Still, an example of how the college isn't well, or unbiasedly equipped for this. 

An athlete's involved?  Side with the athlete.  A regular guy's involved?  Side with the woman.
I'll be the first to admit I have no personal knowledge about this whole sad mess. Therefore, I'm trying not to take an side whatsoever. Having said that, I would hope that no matter who the alleged victim or accused might be the status of whether or not the accused is a "jock" would not even enter into consideration. Treat EVERYONE the same throughout the entire procedure. I.E. is the school handling the situation exactly the same if an athlete weren't involved? If it isn't then something definitely stinks, whether or not the kid is ultimately found guilty. And ultimately THAT'S the real crux of the potential problem for the school and it's handling of the issue.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 01, 2016, 12:11:15 pm
I'll be the first to admit I have no personal knowledge about this whole sad mess. Therefore, I'm trying not to take an side whatsoever. Having sad that, I would hope that no matter who the alleged victim or accused might be the status of whether or not the accused is a "jock" would not even enter into consideration. Treat EVERYONE the same throughout the entire procedure. I.E. is the school handling the situation exactly the same if an athlete weren't involved? If it isn't then something definitely stinks, whether or not the kid is ultimately found guilty. And ultimately THAT'S the real crux of the potential problem for the school and it's handling of the issue.

Agree.
Also, what if the whole procedure as you put it, stinks regardless of who's involved?  What if it's a jaded game from the beginning, typically over feelings not actions with the onus of proof falling on the accused?
His response to me:

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 01, 2016, 12:26:52 pm
Agree.
Also, what if the whole procedure as you put it, stinks regardless of who's involved?  What if it's a jaded game from the beginning, typically over feelings not actions?
Wouldn't argue with you over that. One of the things that make such issues/problems so darn tricky and sensitive. On the one hand, you have someone(s) who is alleged to have been victimized; on the other, you have someone who's been accused of such. The real key is being able to sort out the real truth and circumstances and act accordingly. A mess all the way around no doubt......

longpig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 01, 2016, 11:32:01 am
Exactly the spirit a good religion based school should display. Yep, lead by example is alive and well down in beautiful Waco. Sure is a ringing endorsement for those "bares".

Has anything good ever happened in Waco?
Don't be scared, be smart.

Vantage 8 dude

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on February 01, 2016, 09:44:09 am
Rape enabler Art Briles will have to answer for this.

This story has been out for a while.  The church colleges in Texas are as unethical and dirty as they come when it come to sports.  Baylor may be the biggest hypocrites. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: longpig on February 01, 2016, 04:06:28 pm
Has anything good ever happened in Waco?
Dr. Pepper used to be my go to soft drink.  Other than that, not much...

FrozenHam

Ignored sexual assault claims?  Curious that the President and Chancellor of Baylor University is the same Kenneth Starr who spent $70 million of US taxpayers' money investigating the nature of a sexual relationship that US President Bill Clinton had with another consenting adult. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: FrozenHam on February 01, 2016, 06:27:51 pm
Ignored sexual assault claims?  Curious that the President and Chancellor of Baylor University is the same Kenneth Starr who spent $70 million of US taxpayers' money investigating the nature of a sexual relationship that US President Bill Clinton had with another consenting adult.
Ahh....but there you are wrong: You've obviously forgotten the infamous "I did NOT (emphasis mine) have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky" (pointing finger, clinched jaw, squinted eyes)----President William Jefferson Clinton

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 01, 2016, 05:24:03 pm
Yeah: folks leaving.

This made me laugh.

Apparently there's a new house renovation show that airs from Waco.  My wife recently said that she and some of her friends wanted to go down there to the store that's connected to the show. 

My first thought was:  why would anyone intentionally go to Waco?
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: FrozenHam on February 01, 2016, 06:27:51 pm

They have top men working on it right now.

Top.  Men.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

DeltaBoy