Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hiring Pel as an assistant to recruit ?

Started by Iamjacksleftnutt, February 06, 2016, 09:03:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: BRHogfan on February 09, 2016, 11:18:11 am
Well the discussion was about who recruited who... so that's why it shakes out the way it shakes out.

Fair enough

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on February 09, 2016, 04:30:53 am
He left Marshawn Powell, BJ Young, Rotnei Clarke, Ky Madden, and Hunter Mickelson, just to start.  Madrecus Wade is playing in the NBDL. 
What would Anderson be leaving 5 years later?  Kingsley(maybe), Hannahs, Whitt, and the Juco kids coming in.  From a pure talent standpoint,   I'd give Pelphrey the edge.
And Pel wasn't making them go to class and had wrecked the APR and it has taken years to dig out of the hole. Pel was a terrible coach for this program. It is still recovering from what Pel and Heath allowed to happen here.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Iamjacksleftnutt

So this team couldn't use any of the type talent that Pel recruited ? I bet it could. I don't go around thinking we should hire every former coach who comes back to Arkansas. Thats dumb. I just see a guy who was a very good recruiter for both Florida and Arkansas working as a broadcaster and think see a need fill a need. Ya know ?

And honestly I think Pel would be a great fit. A Courtney Fortson on this team ? That would be killer.