Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

rotator cuff surgery

Started by tahlahog, January 16, 2016, 08:21:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tahlahog

Any body else have this surgery? How long did it take to get back to form? Had the surgery the end of December and the therapist is telling me it will probably June. 

KCRazorbackfan

5 months on my right shoulder (Halloween Day 2014); 3 months on my left shoulder (June 27, 2015); 8 months of pure hell.
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: tahlahog on January 16, 2016, 08:21:35 pm
Any body else have this surgery? How long did it take to get back to form? Had the surgery the end of December and the therapist is telling me it will probably June.

Had them both done after a car wreck. 6 months before I had full range of motion.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

ricepig

I took a year off from golf and throwing BP to my youngest and did a structured rehab to avoid surgery on mine.

clutch

Took me 6 months the first time, 5 the second. Shoulder still gives me problems. Definitely not much fun.

arkmark

Something about 6 months but it's critical to work the rehab and it's not always pleasant.  My wife had the surgery and was given a range of motion to achieve or the Doc told her he would get it for her.  After about 5 months we were in for a routine follow up and he had her raise her arm, he gently guided her arm.  When she was a little short of where he wanted it by then he did what he promised.  He got full range of motion, she got a lot of tears but to this day has no regrets for the surgery.  She plays golf 3 or 4 times a week with no difficulty.

root_hawg

Had it done on the right shoulder late December, range of motion as of today is 75%; strength is little to nothing.  Have 6 weeks starting Monday of strength training ... hopefully playing by May