Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are a dangerous team

Started by ShadowHawg, March 11, 2017, 07:08:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

Especially in tournament play. We look to be in better shape than a lot of the teams we have played coming down the stretch.

HiggiePiggy

It helps having a deep team. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hogs958

I'm a dangerous man with some money in my pocket

hawgdavis

The problem with the tournament is all the tv timeouts hurts our uptempo style

Atlhogfan1

This is where the spreading of minutes pays off.  NCAAT will be different as opponents aren't playing back to back days or 3-4 days straight.  But we will have more options and less wear on our key players than most.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hawgdavis on March 11, 2017, 07:22:46 pm
The problem with the tournament is all the tv timeouts hurts our uptempo style

This is where I think the biggest adjustment was made during our recent run. Instead of running the other team with our press, we are pushing the ball hard nearly every possession from defense to offense.

It puts us in a better rhythm and gasses the other team more than the press because it forces them to sprint full speed the length of the court. Unlike the press that can only be set up after a make, we can push the ball on every possession.

hogwood

I think that, playing like we are now, we can beat anyone seeded 16 through 3. The problem is we will probably brave to play a 1 or 2 to get to the sweet 16.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hogwood on March 11, 2017, 08:54:19 pm
I think that, playing like we are now, we can beat anyone seeded 16 through 3. The problem is we will probably brave to play a 1 or 2 to get to the sweet 16.
Kentucky is likely a 2 seed. Let's see how we match up against them tomorrow.

Slater

I think we may get in the 8-9 and get a shot at Gonzaga in second round, Mike upset Kentucky at UAB after winning the 8-9 game
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

hawgXi

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 11, 2017, 07:32:00 pm
This is where I think the biggest adjustment was made during our recent run. Instead of running the other team with our press, we are pushing the ball hard nearly every possession from defense to offense.

It puts us in a better rhythm and gasses the other team more than the press because it forces them to sprint full speed the length of the court. Unlike the press that can only be set up after a make, we can push the ball on every possession.

excellent point!

much better control of the tempo

daBoar

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 11, 2017, 07:32:00 pm

I recall the start of the second half and one of the announcers made a quick side comment that this season the Hogs had been a second half team.  While I thought they played a solid first half, they simply smoked the first 12-14 minutes of the second half. 

hawgXi

Quote from: Slater on March 11, 2017, 10:50:14 pm
I think we may get in the 8-9 and get a shot at Gonzaga in second round, Mike upset Kentucky at UAB after winning the 8-9 game

without going back and digging it up again, right now, historically CMA has had a very good record vs. coach cal.

mike beat him while he was at UAB, Mizzou, & Arkansas.

CMA may have the best W/L record of any active coach vs. Calapari with > 4 match ups.

all roads to SEC title & NC run thru lexington now.

gotta have a coach that can beat cal to go all the way.

GHG

do it again today!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hogs958 on March 11, 2017, 07:11:05 pm
I'm a dangerous man with some money in my pocket

and one bad night and your gone... just that time of year...

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hawgXi on March 12, 2017, 09:31:44 am
without going back and digging it up again, right now, historically CMA has had a very good record vs. coach cal.

mike beat him while he was at UAB, Mizzou, & Arkansas.

CMA may have the best W/L record of any active coach vs. Calapari with > 4 match ups.

all roads to SEC title & NC run thru lexington now.

gotta have a coach that can beat cal to go all the way.

GHG

do it again today!

if you can beat UK w/wo Cal, you know you can beat anybody... it's who they are...

HiggiePiggy

I believe MAs record against coach Cal teams is 6 and 9.

hawgXi

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on March 12, 2017, 09:50:15 am
I believe MAs record against coach Cal teams is 6 and 9.

thanx for pinning that down, higgie

i think 3 of those losses came the past two seasons, so coming in to 15-16 CMA was 6-6 vs. cal?

GoHogzzGo

I feel great against teams teams outside of the top 8-10 or so in the country right now. Seems to still be quite a distance from us to that top tier. We could still win of course for all the reasons everyone said above.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

HiggiePiggy

Coach cal is an above average coach that gets great talent. I would take a lot of coaches over him to coach the same talent he gets. His team usually gets beat when they face a veteran team or just a better coach.

He has a great resume because on paper he has the best players every year.

alaback

Quote from: hawgXi on March 12, 2017, 09:58:07 am
thanx for pinning that down, higgie

i think 3 of those losses came the past two seasons, so coming in to 15-16 CMA was 6-6 vs. cal?

Arkansas has last the last 4 against Kentucky. Coming in to the 14-15 season, he was 6-5 against Cal.