Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recipe for landing the stars

Started by notavol, February 03, 2012, 10:38:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

notavol

I think we are going to have our highest ranked class ever the year that we land 4 or 5 4/5 star kids early. I think often it boils down to kids wanting to play on a team that is going to win. Arkansas is a new commer to the world of consistancy, we havent yet proven to the world that our success of the past couple seasons isnt a fluke, still more non believers than believers. So it is going to take kids seeing other high ranked kids jumping on early, and making feel like they want to also jump on the bandwagon. i think when a highly rated  kid checks rivals the night before signng day and sees us with only two other 4 stars, it doesnt make him feel as though he has a chance to compete for Championships with that team as opposed to joing a team that already has 8 or 10 4star type kids.

I have no doubt that there were higher rated kids that were wanting to commit or were atleast giving us serious consideration that were waiting to see what DGB was going to do Wed morning.

If I am a highly rated 17 year old with a swollen head and I want to go to an out of state school, but then I dont see hardly any other kids joining that team, I am probably not going to go there either, I am probably going to follow the other kids to a school where I see other highly rated kids so that I feel like I am going to win.
In CBP I trust !