Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rotnei "airball when it counted " Clarke

Started by JusPiggin, March 23, 2013, 09:37:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JusPiggin

Hog1952

Dr. Starcs

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

FSHog67

Juspiggin, Without Clarke they wouldn't even have been in the game.  The kid played an excellent game, maybe you didn't watch the game.

Danny J

warriorlion

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 23, 2013, 10:12:44 pm
Not in Arkansas he won't.
An he wouldn't have ever played in the NCAA tourn if he had stayed at arkansas. Let the kid go-its been almost 2 years since he left.

SWarkansasman

And the Clarke ego trip ends with a horrible looking air ball........... 

TNhawgfan

Quote from: warriorlion on March 23, 2013, 10:38:59 pm

An he wouldn't have ever played in the NCAA tourn if he had stayed at arkansas. Let the kid go-its been almost 2 years since he left.
You don't know that. He probably wouldn't have, but you never know what happens if none of the transfers leave
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

PonderinHog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 24, 2013, 07:48:10 am
You don't know that. He probably wouldn't have, but you never know what happens if none of the transfers leave
And Powell doesn't go down...totally different team.

latrops

I doubt Rotnei has any regrets.  If some here are happy that he missed his last shot in an NCAA Tourney loss, good for them.  Ultimately, he is a limited player.  A great shooter and OK ball handler, but little else.  Frankly, I think the transfer worked out well for him.  He got to be a featured player on an NCAA Tourney team...one that was a play away from advancing to the Sweet 16 at least. Arkansas may have been better off without him, as well.  He is a fine player, but he is not the trapping, pressing, athletic defender that fits best in this system.

RazorWorld

he is a grand master of palming the ball

hoglady

Why would you call the kid a loser?
At least he has the guts to WANT to take the last shot. You're either going to be the hero or the goat - some can't handle that pressure, other's can. Clarke has made a number of clutch shots for Butler this year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HawgcallWPS

Rotnei "Easily Better Than Anyone On the Hogs Roster" Clarke!!!

Quit being jealous; he played a great game, for a better team, and was in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.  Terrible fit in MA's system, but if had been into his system we would be talking about how great of a kid he was (Mallett?).  Enough of the double standard. Grow up and let it go. 

grayhawg

Quote from: HawgcallWPS on March 24, 2013, 09:26:06 am

Quit being jealous; he played a great game, for a better team, and was in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.  Terrible fit in MA's system, but if had been into his system we would be talking about how great of a kid he was (Mallett?).  Enough of the double standard. Grow up and let it go. 
Perhaps you should have heard "the rest of the story".

dbaileyway7

Nice!!!!!

Hog_One_Stop

Kid played a great game and he can shoot, at least he played in the NCAA tournament and never would have at Arkansas.  Get over it been gone 2 years

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: Hog_One_Stop on March 24, 2013, 09:35:42 am
Kid played a great game and he can shoot, at least he played in the NCAA tournament and never would have at Arkansas.  Get over it been gone 2 years
Actually if he was still here, I could see us making the tournament. He was what we needed to be a good team, a consistent shooter.

Chief Mac

Alex Dillard says you don't have a clue about what type of player fits MA's system

Our teams were at their best when we had a deep scoring threat. Clark would have been a perfect fit here.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on March 24, 2013, 10:50:10 am
Alex Dillard says you don't have a clue about what type of player fits MA's system

Our teams were at their best when we had a deep scoring threat. Clark would have been a perfect fit here.
Bingo.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

JusPiggin

oh, I am sorry for the  facts....he shot an airball when it counted...and Butler lost... so he is a Loser.

KlubhouseKonnected

SONofHAM

Quote from: hoglady on March 24, 2013, 09:14:43 am
Why would you call the kid a loser?
At least he has the guts to WANT to take the last shot. You're either going to be the hero or the goat - some can't handle that pressure, other's can. Clarke has made a number of clutch shots for Butler this year.

I think you're right.  He's not a loser at all.  He did take a very selfish shot to end his season and college career tho. 
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

hoglady

Quote from: SONofHAM on March 24, 2013, 11:29:03 am
I think you're right.  He's not a loser at all.  He did take a very selfish shot to end his season and college career tho. 

There were 5.5 seconds left in the game when he took that shot - so how was that considered selfish?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

popcornhog

Why does everyone hate him for transferring? I honestly don't blame him -- it was a mess here.

Congrats to Rotnei on a great season with Butler!
WPS

hogitis

I didn't think player bashing was allowed on hogville? Or, is that just our own players? Come on Mods.

jthill

Quote from: popcornhog on March 24, 2013, 11:36:34 am
Why does everyone hate him for transferring? I honestly don't blame him -- it was a mess here.

Congrats to Rotnei on a great season with Butler!

+1. Pathetic that some posters on here are butt hurt over a kid transferring. Deal with it.

ATU HOG

I watched majority of the game, and I was pulling for Marquette.  It was disappointing to see Rotnei transfer, but he did what was best for him.  His first half yesterday he played very well.  In the 2nd half, it just looked like he was forcing way to many shots. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on March 24, 2013, 10:05:20 am
Actually if he was still here, I could see us making the tournament. He was what we needed to be a good team, a consistent shooter.

Okay, one more time...he would not have been eligible this year had he stayed at Arkansas. He would have been a senior last year.

Sorry...just tired of hearing people talk about how much better we would have been with a player that wouldn't have any eligibility left. Like saying we'd have been better if Corliss was on the team this year. (And no, I'm not comparing Rotnei to Corliss.)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Chief Mac

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on March 24, 2013, 11:27:20 am
Hogville sho do love it some white boys

I don't care if he is white, black, or purple his ability to stroke the three could've helped our team this year. Too bad he made a "business decision" like Archie Goodwin. :)
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

latrops

Quote from: JusPiggin on March 24, 2013, 11:18:32 am
oh, I am sorry for the  facts....he shot an airball when it counted...and Butler lost... so he is a Loser.

So what does that make our entire basketball team....and football team for that matter?

(notOM)Rebel123

Like him or not, the dude can shoot the basketball.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Hogz87

Quote from: JusPiggin on March 24, 2013, 11:18:32 am
Either you're 12 years old or a very immature adult. 

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: Hogz87 on March 24, 2013, 01:02:20 pm
Either you're 12 years old or a very immature adult.

A loser is someone on the team that lost.  Are you disputing that Butler lost???

grayhawg

Quote from: hogitis on March 24, 2013, 11:53:51 am
I didn't think player bashing was allowed on hogville? Or, is that just our own players? Come on Mods.
As of last night he is no longer a college BB player.

jabberjawls

Look you guys can think what you want.  I was disappointed when he left, BUT he was threatened and bullied by one of the thugs still on the team who was suppose to be a superstar.  CMA did nothing about this so RC left.  I don't blame him.

Hogz87

Quote from: hog13hog on March 24, 2013, 01:33:00 pm
A loser is someone on the team that lost.  Are you disputing that Butler lost???
No, I'm just not going to stoop to that level to call a kid playing a game a "loser" just because he missed a potential game winning shot and his team lost in the second round of the tournament.  Especially when that kid scored 24 points on 8/17 shooting and went 5/12 from three while the school he transferred from was sitting at home not playing in any postseason tournament. 

grayhawg

Quote from: jabberjawls on March 24, 2013, 01:51:53 pm
Look you guys can think what you want.  I was disappointed when he left, BUT he was threatened and bullied by one of the thugs still on the team who was suppose to be a superstar.  CMA did nothing about this so RC left.  I don't blame him.
BS

Hawg414

Quote from: jabberjawls on March 24, 2013, 01:51:53 pm

ahh.. some more "i know somebody that you dont know" vague insider knowledge.  always spot on!

Boarcephus

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on March 24, 2013, 10:50:10 am

Pat Bradley did fine as a slow white guy who couldn't really defend but could shoot the ball well in this system.  Clark strikes me as the type of player who wouldn't fit in Anderson's system because he's more concerned with (in Mike's own words) "what's on the back of the jersey instead of what's on the front of it".
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

GS99

Quote from: hog13hog on March 24, 2013, 01:33:00 pm

Corliss Williamson lost his last college basketball game.  Loser!

Come to think of it, so did Michael Jordan.  Loser!

grayhawg

Quote from: GS99 on March 24, 2013, 06:09:35 pm
Corliss Williamson lost his last college basketball game.  Loser!

Come to think of it, so did Michael Jordan.  Loser!
For people who claim to be Razorback fans and in love with an ex player from another school.

[attachment deleted by admin]

dbaileyway7

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on March 24, 2013, 11:27:20 am
Hogville sho do love it some white boys
Hey, let's pull the race card...My god! Where's my Obama phone? LMAO

HogScoutMaster

Quit being jealous;

tell me about it... some fans are just SICK
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

grayhawg

Quote from: DewUar88 on March 25, 2013, 04:55:06 pm
tell me about it... some fans are just SICK
It is one thing to transfer and another to try to throw the school under the bus, and people who love the little punk are the ones who are sick.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: dbaileyway7 on March 25, 2013, 07:23:36 am
Hey, let's pull the race card...My god! Where's my Obama phone? LMAO

Yea. Cuz lets not be honest. I don't see anybody rushing to the defense of other Arkansas connected players that have shunned the U and otherwise shown their butts.