Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7 Basketball Schools Leaving The Big East

Started by moses_007, December 15, 2012, 03:06:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

http://news.yahoo.com/7-schools-leaving-big-east-193155687--spt.html

The seven schools are: Georgetown, St. John's, Villanova, DePaul, Marquette, Seton Hall and Providence.

moses_007

Wonder where these teams will go?  I don't know of any basketball only leagues, but maybe there are some up in the northeast.

Doyle Hograves

conference expansion is going to be a wild ride...
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: moses_007 on December 15, 2012, 03:17:16 pm
Wonder where these teams will go?  I don't know of any basketball only leagues, but maybe there are some up in the northeast.

The Atlantic 10 is known for good basketball, though they do play other sports.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

moses_007

The Big East is going through what the Big 12 did a couple of years ago. 

Devil_Dog

Quote from: moses_007 on December 15, 2012, 03:52:46 pm
The Big East is going through what the Big 12 did a couple of years ago. 

Sad thing is the big 12 was about to be done but oklahoma and Texas saved it...I don't know who can save the big east

B1GHogFan

Quote from: moses_007 on December 15, 2012, 03:17:16 pm

Maybe they join with the Ivy league for hoops only?

Hawghiggs

They are going to form their own league. Those 7 plus Butler and St.Louis make a pretty stout basketball conference. You can also look for Notre Dame to give some thought about switching conferences also.

Hogfan46

They are forming their own all Catholic school league. Look for St.Louis Univ. and Notre Dame as well.

B1GHogFan

Quote from: Hogfan46 on December 15, 2012, 04:18:01 pm
They are forming their own all Catholic school league. Look for St.Louis Univ. and Notre Dame as well.

IF they get Notre Dame, do you think they would fight to pull in Boston College somehow as well?

Holy Cross would probably be a pretty easy pickup.

maumellehog

Apparently nobody on this post can read.  Morons.

BulldogBasketball

They aren't joining anywhere. They're forming their own conference.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/bigeast14-d7815om-183439151.html

Reports are that Xavier and Butler are prepared to join them.

DeltaBoy

The Big East better do something quick or they are a Dead Duck.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

husker71

add Creighton, St Louis, Duquesne and you have a tough basketball league.  Thats 10 but I forgot about Holy Cross just need one more for even dozen but I am not including Notre Dame which would really make this a basketball league that would get mAYBE 4 invites at least every year. Oh how about St Bonaventure??

2FNFST4U

Possibly Gonzaga and St. Marys  They keep an auto bid. Damn shame that Big East basketball is all done. Honestly though the basketball private catholic schools will have a great conference and not have to worry about changing members for football revenue.

SteveInArk

Quote from: maumellehog on December 15, 2012, 05:17:09 pm
Apparently nobody on this post can read.  Morons.

Wasn't here when the thread(s) started.  But I'd think that two (2) separate threads got "merged".  When the posts are meshed, based on time, it often makes for quite the "who's on first" mess.  Just guessing tho'. ;)

But to point, there is quite a list of Catholic schools that could make up a very powerful basketball conference.  And a big one.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown