Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nick Diaz

Started by 10thPlanet, September 07, 2011, 10:19:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

10thPlanet

September 07, 2011, 10:19:42 pm Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:23:32 pm by dkwvike
Damn son. I was looking forward to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4EbRnFn0Tg&feature=feedu
warning Not safe for work or children.

Pulled(PP)pork

I mean really?  how hard is it to promote a fight where you stand to make tens of thousands of dollars win or lose??

PP

hvsupastar

Now Diaz gets sent to the grinder in BJ Penn while GSP gets an easy stylistic fight in Condit
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

fantana

September 11, 2011, 03:40:20 pm #3 Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:43:26 pm by fantana
Ill take Condit by ko, I actually like the matchup.

hvsupastar

Quote from: fantana on September 11, 2011, 03:40:20 pm
Ill take Condit by ko, I actually like the matchup.

GSP will take him down n hold him there rather effortlessly
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: hvsupastar on September 11, 2011, 04:59:17 pm
GSP will take him down n hold him there rather effortlessly
this  ^^^^, a real yawner

PP

Ash

Gracie went off on Nick and made a great point about his attitude.

His coach said:

"I know we all need more chances in life, we all make stupid mistakes in our lives. Nick has never had a real job, he doesn't know what it's like, like a lot of Americans have to do, get up work two jobs like a lot of us to put food on the table and here he's given this opportunity, where he beats this guy it's like winning the lottery and he doesn't get on a plane to Vegas or Canada or whatever. You can't do that. There's no way you can do that."

Dillar Dog

Yet he works harder than most people that do have "real jobs".

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Dillar Dog on September 19, 2011, 08:48:57 am
Yet he works harder than most people that do have "real jobs".
define "works"?   ;)

PP

Dillar Dog

I'm a golf pro.  That's a real job. 

I couldn't handle his morning run.

Ash

Quote from: Dillar Dog on September 19, 2011, 12:33:58 pm

Pretty sure he would snap trying to handle my 100 hour work weeks during accounting close each month.

Each of us is capable of doing different things. Nick Diaz is a great fighter who has made a good living. I'm a good analyst.

He might hate his job. Guess what I hate mine to.

He is welcome to quit fighting and do something else with his life. Nobody is forcing him to fight no matter what he tells people on youtube.

hvsupastar

Quote from: Dillar Dog on September 19, 2011, 12:33:58 pm

I bet you could. . . I bet you could

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Ash on September 19, 2011, 05:01:35 pm
Pretty sure he would snap trying to handle my 100 hour work weeks during accounting close each month.

Each of us is capable of doing different things. Nick Diaz is a great fighter who has made a good living. I'm a good analyst.

He might hate his job. Guess what I hate mine to.

He is welcome to quit fighting and do something else with his life. Nobody is forcing him to fight no matter what he tells people on youtube.

I meant in the physical sense.

And I doubt he hates his job.  He, like a lot if guys, would rather just fight instead if making shady promoters more money with the dog and pony shows they're forced to do.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: hvsupastar on September 19, 2011, 08:29:51 pm
I bet you could. . . I bet you could

Ha!  Thanks, man.  That dude is a different breed.  When I was in my best shape I doubt I would've handled one of his normal workout days. 

Ash

Quote from: Dillar Dog on September 20, 2011, 10:43:08 am
I meant in the physical sense.

And I doubt he hates his job.  He, like a lot if guys, would rather just fight instead if making shady promoters more money with the dog and pony shows they're forced to do.

I hear you now. He is still one of my favorite fighters to watch and he definitely seems to be the guy that just wants to get business done.

I am shocked, SHOCKED that you would insinuate the Fertitas and White might be shady!

hvsupastar

It's terrible for Diaz. He turned down a big pay day in boxing, relinquished his title, and gets to fight the prodigy. Good luck

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Dillar Dog on September 20, 2011, 10:47:21 am
Ha!  Thanks, man.  That dude is a different breed.  When I was in my best shape I doubt I would've handled one of his normal workout days.
there are parts of our jobs we all hate, but it's our jobs, and if we want to get paid, we do it.
was it worth giving up a title shot because he didn't agree with it?  not a smart decision.

PP

Dillar Dog

The point is stilll that he works harder than most.

Again, I doubt he hates his job.  And he'd get paid somewhere else anyway.  There will always be fights for him in mma and boxing and triathlons to compete in.  maybe he feels it was a smart move even if you don't.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Dillar Dog on September 20, 2011, 04:13:13 pm
The point is stilll that he works harder than most.

Again, I doubt he hates his job.  And he'd get paid somewhere else anyway.  There will always be fights for him in mma and boxing and triathlons to compete in.  maybe he feels it was a smart move even if you don't.
your point was brought in later, the face remains, he didn't perform his duties as a fighter and got punished.

I never questioned how hard he works.

PP

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Pulledpork on September 20, 2011, 04:17:51 pm
your point was brought in later, the face remains, he didn't perform his duties as a fighter and got punished.

I never questioned how hard he works.

PP

And he doesn't seem to care.  It's the way he's always been and always will be.  He's getting paid either way and would just go elsewhere if he was released.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Dillar Dog on September 20, 2011, 05:27:34 pm
And he doesn't seem to care.  It's the way he's always been and always will be.  He's getting paid either way and would just go elsewhere if he was released.
so, do you think he deserves the criticism?  this isn't some new expectation of fighters

PP

Dillar Dog