Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

$hiloh walks into another State Championship!

Started by 99toLife, November 02, 2009, 03:37:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

99toLife

Nobody in 4A this year will challenge them on the way to the State title!

the donger

Yep, and they would much rather do it playing better competition.
It's not like they are getting better by playing their 2nd and 3rd stringers in the second half. All they do is run the ball in a mostly pass happy offense. They are getting better by working their butts off in the off season.
Some of you guys just don't get it. They DON'T like beating teams like they do. Have you all noticed their non conference schedule?
The sour grapes towards that schools Football program is pretty pathetic.
Nobody seems to ever mention the beat downs in the other sports they take.
Maybe they should be whining to be re-classified into a lower class in other sports??

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: the donger on November 03, 2009, 12:17:08 am
The sour grapes towards that schools Football program is pretty pathetic

They've brought every bit of it on themselves with the rampant cheating and extreme arrogance.

HogInThaGrove

Quote from: the donger on November 03, 2009, 12:17:08 am

Nobody seems to ever mention the beat downs in the other sports they take.
Maybe they should be whining to be re-classified into a lower class in other sports??

Which other sports are you speaking of?

Last Year:

Baseball - State Finals Run
Girls Basketball - State Champions
Volleyball - Elite Eight Run.  This year, lost 1 game, to the State Champions.
Boys Basketball - Inevitable down due to all male athletes being in Football
Track - Multiple state championships in their trophy case
Tennis - Multiple state championships in their trophy case.

They have 30 something state titles in their trophy case.  The rest of the schools around here, barely have 3-5 in all sports. 

They are NOT hurting in any sports.

DeltaBoy

I am hoping that Nashville  has a surprise for them.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

heavyhog

November 04, 2009, 02:21:12 pm #5 Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 02:23:39 pm by heavyhog

hogsolutely

60% plus of the student body is on an athletic scholarship.  But, they are known for a academic school.  What started all this is big daddy (i play racket ball with god) did not want to see his son be unsuccessful in sports in mid to late 90's.  so they went out and got the best coach and bought the best players and started blowing out the competition.  Today, since they sold there sol to winning look at there team today.  Does anybody think that Nashville would beat evangel ch.?  I think not and i consider them the 2nd best team in 4A.     

MizK

Quote from: hogsolutely on November 06, 2009, 09:05:33 am
60% plus of the student body is on an athletic scholarship.  But, they are known for a academic school.  What started all this is big daddy (i play racket ball with god) did not want to see his son be unsuccessful in sports in mid to late 90's.  so they went out and got the best coach and bought the best players and started blowing out the competition.  Today, since they sold there sol to winning look at there team today.  Does anybody think that Nashville would beat evangel ch.?  I think not and i consider them the 2nd best team in 4A.    

Does he still wear those "ungodly" white tank tops to work out?
Quote from: Wildhog on April 01, 2011, 05:28:33 pm
You're in the tavern, bro.  It's like Thunderdome.

Quote from: Fort Dweller on November 09, 2011, 10:00:46 pm
Pay attention XHOG.  this is that wrath I was telling you about.  The wrath of MizK.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hawgndodge on November 06, 2009, 09:24:53 am
shoot.  shiloh didn't beat evangel christian.

Not with out some FLA like Zebra help anyways.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

99toLife

The same Poll that had $hiloh at #6 in the country, now has them at # 443....Oops!

Wild Bill Hog

99toLife

Quote from: hawgndodge on November 11, 2009, 11:01:07 pm
800 wins doesn't allow for us to be jealous. . That's consistency.

If $hiloh played the same schedule as Nashville ( Though overall Tougher ) They would be 10-0 also.

I hope if they meet up with Nashville they get hammered, but I don't think that will happen.

nwa_razorback_coffee

Wonders how Shiloh would fare if their roster was geographically limited to players living within 3-6 miles of the school, as is typical of many public school districts.

hawg23

Shiloh got tested by DeQueen tonight.. I was there and they looked far from unbeatable. Shiloh won by 21 but game was in doubt until late 4th when they scored on a blocked punt.

I think nashville takes them... off of boatracing praire grove...rested ...while Shiloh was tested.
"Was like a full crowd scene at the food lines"

hog_fan

Many of their players have been at the school from the beginning. Why would Frazier want to be a Hog when everyone bashes his school because of jealousy? It is very immature of you all. I have no connection to them at all. I don't get all the hate for them. I know private schools many times provide the better education having gone to both.

levelheaded

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 03, 2009, 03:20:03 am
They've brought every bit of it on themselves with the rampant cheating and extreme arrogance.
rampant cheating and exteme arrogance? did not know that existed because it does not exists...archaic view of private school football courtesy of Ivan.

Farmboy

You cannot blame Ivan for being upset.  My god he is stuck following the Wynne program. Put yourself in his place. Give the guy a break.

Big Papa Satan

Yes, I'm stuck following one of the top programs in the state, all done by the rules.  Joshie Boy and his pimp need to try that sometime.

What must be depressing to shiloh alumni is that their diploma isn't worth the paper its printed on.  That school exists for Armani Ronnie to have a football team.

neeko501

December 22, 2009, 09:32:44 pm #18 Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:37:01 pm by neeko501
everything said in this thread happens in public schools as well...i have witnessed athletes "miraculously" passing tests...schools competing for "student athletes"...with students that live in "grey" areas...if i have to get specific i will...ex...late 90's van buren and alma...vb state champs 97...alma then went on to win like 3 out of 4 state titles...the grey area between the schools includes 4 towns that used to have schools that dont anymore...all those people that live in that area are available to chose...also vb-northside...ex....matt jones...wake up people it happens everywhere

oh and this is total bs...11% of their team is on scholarship...and none are on full scholarship...they only offer up to half...get your facts straight...i didnt go to that school but the missplaced jealousy with them is pathetic...and sad

hawkhog

December 23, 2009, 04:55:24 pm #19 Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 08:22:24 pm by hawkhog
"60% plus of the student body is on an athletic scholarship."
There's an old saying that goes something like 'keep your mouth shut and let everyone wonder if your a dummy versus opening it up and removing all doubt...

hawkhog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 22, 2009, 09:20:33 pm
Yes, I'm stuck following one of the top programs in the state, all done by the rules.  Joshie Boy and his pimp need to try that sometime.

What must be depressing to shiloh alumni is that their diploma isn't worth the paper its printed on.  That school exists for Armani Ronnie to have a football team.

sour grapes makes good whine...

Big Papa Satan

So, do you have a diploma from there or are you just a hanger on?

hawkhog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 23, 2009, 09:55:50 pm
So, do you have a diploma from there or are you just a hanger on?
no diploma from SCS and not a 'hanger on'...
IMO...no need, on your part, to insult a lot of people, mostly kids and young adults who are attending or have attended Shiloh and do have a degree from the school.  If you dont like their football program...then try and keep your comments focused on football...
I went to private schools in Iowa Californina and Texas...its the same story everywhere, when a private school wins its because they cheat, recruit etc...I could bore you with the details but it wont matter much...Shiloh won this year, have a good chance to win next year and probably will challenge for many years to come...other programs have 2 options try and get better, might have to work a little harder though or lose and then complain about them.
Calling out kids who graduated from Shiloh means what  ???
As many have said with the regards to internet, message boards, fan sites etc...everyone is self-proclaimed "expert"...and the first casualty has been the truth.   :'(
Uncle Ivan...I hope you have a merry christmas, I really do.  Tis the season

levelheaded

Quote from: hawkhog on December 24, 2009, 09:04:09 am
no diploma from SCS and not a 'hanger on'...
IMO...no need, on your part, to insult a lot of people, mostly kids and young adults who are attending or have attended Shiloh and do have a degree from the school.  If you dont like their football program...then try and keep your comments focused on football...
I went to private schools in Iowa Californina and Texas...its the same story everywhere, when a private school wins its because they cheat, recruit etc...I could bore you with the details but it wont matter much...Shiloh won this year, have a good chance to win next year and probably will challenge for many years to come...other programs have 2 options try and get better, might have to work a little harder though or lose and then complain about them.
Calling out kids who graduated from Shiloh means what  ???
As many have said with the regards to internet, message boards, fan sites etc...everyone is self-proclaimed "expert"...and the first casualty has been the truth.   :'(
Uncle Ivan...I hope you have a merry christmas, I really do.  Tis the season
really good post and i had the same experience as well; when a private school does well, the ignorant want to accuse it of something improper. So why has Shiloh never been suspended, as far as I know, or restricted in any way by the Athletic Boards?

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: hawkhog on December 24, 2009, 09:04:09 am
and the first casualty has been the truth.   :'(

Unfortunately, it's on the side of us who want a cheater punished.

QuoteSo why has Shiloh never been suspended, as far as I know, or restricted in any way by the Athletic Boards?

Because the AAA doesn't have a spine, however, they did censure sc last year.

hawkhog

December 25, 2009, 09:25:30 am #25 Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 09:49:43 am by hawkhog
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 25, 2009, 12:01:48 am
Unfortunately, it's on the side of us who want a cheater punished.

Because the AAA doesn't have a spine, however, they did censure sc last year.

surely you understand that a school like Shiloh or PA is under much, much more scrutiny than say Harber or Greenwood...they're not in a position to do anything else but to follow the rules exactly as they are written and enforced...if there is an inequity it may be that a private school has to follow a more strict code (than a public). 

You are right about the AAA they seem to alter (each year) the rules to create more inequity between privates and public schools...  They should have no biases.

so i guess we are back to...

staying away from the sour grapes...not good to have to much whine... ;D

have a merry christmas.

jkstock04

Quote from: hog_fan on November 27, 2009, 03:37:25 pm
Many of their players have been at the school from the beginning. Why would Frazier want to be a Hog when everyone bashes his school because of jealousy? It is very immature of you all. I have no connection to them at all. I don't get all the hate for them. I know private schools many times provide the better education having gone to both.
The whole Frazier deal is plain proof of Shiloh's recruiting tactics.  It is what it is...it's not bashing.  I'm pretty much neutral on all this stuff...I don't have much of a dog in the fight....I think other teams should fight fire with fire...if teams like Shiloh recruit (which, believe me they do), they should figure out some way to do it also. 

But I do find it humorous when the Shiloh apologists claim "sour grapes"....LMAO, I guess the smaller schools are just supposed to man up and take it on the chin when their star players are getting recruited away by the likes of a school like Shiloh...

lol, whatever...carry on......
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hawkhog

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 27, 2009, 12:21:21 am
The whole Frazier deal is plain proof of Shiloh's recruiting tactics.  It is what it is...it's not bashing.  I'm pretty much neutral on all this stuff...I don't have much of a dog in the fight....I think other teams should fight fire with fire...if teams like Shiloh recruit (which, believe me they do), they should figure out some way to do it also. 

But I do find it humorous when the Shiloh apologists claim "sour grapes"....LMAO, I guess the smaller schools are just supposed to man up and take it on the chin when their star players are getting recruited away by the likes of a school like Shiloh...

lol, whatever...carry on......
Then you and I have a few things in common...I don't have a 'dog in the fight either'...my post (to U.I.) was more his claim (example) that a degree from Shiloh is worthless...once the topic gets 'off topic' then I believe that to be 'whining'. IMO.

"if teams like Shiloh recruit (which, believe me they do)"...when I read things like that (IMO) it becomes a built in excuse losing.  A person can make a claim like that without any proof and post on an internet web site...it doesnt have to be true...the truth becomes a casualty.