82 (58.2%)
Yes
44 (31.2%)
Doesn't matter!
15 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 03, 2018, 02:00:44 pm
The game vs LSU at BWA and this game today are two completely different games. I can almost assure you that the Hogs won't shoot 33% from the field again....even on the road that would be an extreme outlier performance.

If you want to tell me that will struggle vs their PG play, I would listen to that. That's something tangible and not the anecdotal "well, they won at BWA so..." But they are struggling lately overall. We're just struggling on the road vs talented teams. Not sure I'd classify LSU as all that talented right now. I think the Hogs have a good chance to win and the blowout loss at home is a complete non-factor to me. It's a road game, so of course we could lose. There is no reason not to think this is a game the Hogs can win, though. No reason whatsoever.

All of that no-substance "trend analysis" and I was the one who had to give the reason why'd we lose. If you want a trend to analyze, it's that we can't stop down truly good PGs. Otherwise, we scored 86 points on the road and shot 55% from the field. We let them shoot 50% from the 3 on 30 attempts, but letting teams get off from 3 is a home and away trend that's extended through multiple coaches.