Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Started by Jborohog09, January 01, 2018, 11:07:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jborohog09

Hogs check in at #22 in the new AP poll!

Kevin

Cannot lay an egg in stankville tomorrow
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

navyhog24

Quote from: Kevin on January 01, 2018, 11:09:36 am
Cannot lay an egg in stankville tomorrow

For some reason, that happens a lot whenever we do become ranked.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Miss State has had a cake schedule with their only loss being when Cincy drilled them in the only game they played against a decent team.

This needs to be a win.

Hogsfan1981

Nervous about this game....Seems like a win if you look at their schedule, teams, stats, etc. But being Gafford's first SEC road game and the fact we don't play well there along with the fact that we go in with the ranked target on our backs has me doubting a little. Hopefully, they stay sharp and get off to a fast start and some early buckets. Those slows starts at home won't work out so well on the road. They should win.

We have been a lot better on the road the last few years.

HawgnCorona

GHG! Beat Miss Stank...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hog_stu

Their next best opponent was SF Austin. Really bad schedule.

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4936&s=298892

pigture perfect

We have enough seniors on this team that we should be able to handle a little hostility. If the game is left to the skill of the players, I believe we win. WooPig and Woo22.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HOGINTENNESSEE

I would hope after they called us out last year in their win at Bud this team comes out for the kill.

However, Ms St is a talented team even if they haven't played tough competition yet.

I think it's better to catch them early in the conference season.

BadHog

Rankings are overrated right?  ;)
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

FineAsSwine

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 01, 2018, 11:37:46 am
We have enough seniors on this team that we should be able to handle a little hostility. If the game is left to the skill of the players, I believe we win. WooPig and Woo22.

Theyve whipped us the last two times we've played. So we should have no trouble getting up for this one.

BannerMountainMan

For example Lindsey Shenell has Oklahoma #4, Tennessee #22 and Arkansas unranked.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

alohawg

Hmmmm, sounds familiar  ;)

Quote from: alohawg on December 30, 2017, 04:45:32 pm
I expect the hogs to greet the new year at #22.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hogwood

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 01, 2018, 12:16:06 pm
For example Lindsey Shenell has Oklahoma #4, Tennessee #22 and Arkansas unranked.

WTH

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

rljjr

Quote from: hogwood on January 01, 2018, 12:23:30 pm
WTH

They're all East Coast snobs (Virginia/NC); basketball illiterate Northerners (MD); or jealous West Coast Bill Walton clones (OR).

ADavisTheGOAT

We're going to lose by 20+ to Mississippi State tomorrow
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

niels_boar

We are better prepared, but I wouldn't discount MSU because of their schedule.  Pomeroy takes into account their SOS and still lists them as the #34 defense.  It's not surprising that a Howland team defends well, and they play the type of D that given us trouble in recent years.  Like Houston they are probably laying in wait and have been able to focus on this game for a while with their crap schedule.  My guess is that they will defend well.  Their offense has not been impressive so far, but they aren't devoid of talent.  All it takes is for a couple of guys to go off at home, and we are in for a tough game.

By the numbers they look similar to Minnesota on D.  Our perimeter players need to have good games.  On O they are good inside but haven't been efficient from the arc and have suspect ball handling.  The favorable scenario is that our pressure takes them out of their offense, we get some easy baskets to keep the crowd out of the game, and hit enough treys to maintain control.  The miserable scenario is that they keep us stuck in the mud on O and hit some shots that they don't make every night.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

PORKULATOR

People who vote on the top 25 SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO AT LEAST WATCH THE GAMES. Anyone putting Tennessee and Oklahoma ahead of us isn't watching US PLAY.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

alohawg

Winning this game in convincing fashion will do wonders, go hogs!
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

jjdlc

That's someone who doesn't actually pay attention to what she is voting on, has no business having a vote.

alohawg

Quote from: jjdlc on January 01, 2018, 12:43:08 pm
That's someone who doesn't actually pay attention to what she is voting on, has no business having a vote.

I don't twat, maybe someone who does can.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lindsay_Schnell?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on January 01, 2018, 12:32:59 pm

Not sure about that but I've been to the hump and it is a dump, yet hard to win there.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ICEman

As long as Barford uses his bullRush to the goal scoring technique we should be ok in this game.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

hogfan14

Quote from: rljjr on January 01, 2018, 12:29:04 pm
They're all East Coast snobs (Virginia/NC); basketball illiterate Northerners (MD); or jealous West Coast Bill Walton clones (OR).

Yeah I noticed most of them are from the northeast or cover the ACC/UNC

Kevin

Why are you even here
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

tennesseehogwild

Every game in SEC will be a war, especially on the road. The good think is if/win we dance...we will be battle tested in close games. The young guys will be getting their baptism by fire in SEC play.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: rljjr on January 01, 2018, 12:29:04 pm
MD is not made up entirely of northerners. Not even close. Have you been there?

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/01/where-does-the-south-begin/70052/

hoghappy

One of the announcers from the Tennessee game said something about if they could steal a road game early in the season it would be a great thing. I think the same thing about this game. Not necessarily a steal, because I think we are the better team, but road wins are hard to come by in this league.

lynbug

Well, we have been bitten by the road bug virus in the past.  Hopefully, their immune system is stronger this year. 

popcornhog

OU and Tennessee are both deserving of those rankings.

But anyone who still has Arkansas outside the top 25 is likely not paying enough attention to deserve a vote.
WPS

Pigasaurus

Quote from: Kevin on January 01, 2018, 02:03:16 pm

Why are you even here
Would have to be one of us to be a "we."
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Willyboy

Why are you even here

It's reverse psychology, he's been doing it for most of the games this season.  It's a thing.

popcornhog

Why are you even here

I think he's going for a reverse jinx.
WPS

HawgnCorona

LOL!!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hogwood

If we hadn't lost to Houston, I could easily see us clocking in at #15 this week. I feel we would be above Seton Hall, Gonzaga, Cincinnati, Texas Tech, Kentucky, TCU, and Miami. Hopefully no more fluke losses set us back.

snf6278

Hogs check in at #23 in this weeks coaches poll, however Tennessee is ranked #22. Can someone explain this?

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/basketball-men/polls/coaches-poll/

phadedhawg

I don't expect it to be easy but to have a great season requires us getting tough wins on the road.  A great test tonight.  I think it could go either way.

Beaverfever

Quote from: snf6278 on January 02, 2018, 01:02:58 pm
Hogs check in at #23 in this weeks coaches poll, however Tennessee is ranked #22. Can someone explain this?

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/basketball-men/polls/coaches-poll/
Tennessee handled a very competitive Wake Forest team on the road and then nearly knocked off Arkansas on the road.  They're a good team and they have performed consistently well all season.  All the Hogs have to do is show that they can play like a top 25 team on the road this week and they'll start moving up in the polls quickly.  We'll have some answers here in about 8 hours. 

Pork Ranger

Why are you even here

He just plays this dumb game because he started predicting losses at the beginning of the season and we would win. So he's kept saying crap like this all season long...

He's really a major part of the game 🙄

Drop the Mike

Sounds like Lindsey needs to spend more time doing dishes and less on voting.

MAGA45

Quote from: Drop the Mike on January 02, 2018, 02:28:20 pm

Yep, and making more sandwiches.
Fake News

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Drop the Mike on January 02, 2018, 02:28:20 pm
"it's just weird seeing a woman give polls, it's just weird"

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Embrace it.

History tells me we'll lay an egg @ Miss State & @ Auburn

RaisinHog

Quote from: Pork Ranger on January 02, 2018, 02:16:29 pm
He just plays this dumb game because he started predicting losses at the beginning of the season and we would win. So he's kept saying crap like this all season long...

He's really a major part of the game 🙄

Well has he predicted a loss that was a loss ? I can't remember ..