Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

# conference road wins this year? (3-6)

Started by MushroomCloudHog, December 31, 2017, 10:17:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MushroomCloudHog

I'll say 5-4 on the road in conference play. That might not look very good....but if we swept at home we would be 14-4 in conference. 

Piglet

Having watched several SEC teams over the holidays, I don't feel good about a winning record on the road.  The league has really improved.  I'm hoping to get through the season with no more than 6 additional losses. 
Treasure your ignorance.  Once it is lost you can never get it back.

TNhawgfan

I don't think we'll have a winning record on the road either. It's not because we're not good, it's because the SEC is much better this year. I'll say 3 to 4
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

mj4president

We'll only have 1 road loss, and it will be to an average team.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

King Kong

Dominicanhog

I said 12-6 before the season started, that's going to be a stretch.. we are better than I thought we'd be, but I think we could be 10-8 and still a much better team than last year... the conference is a lot tougher than I expected...

I'll go with 3-6 on the road...

TNhawgfan

Quote from: mj4president on January 01, 2018, 09:37:11 am
We'll only have 1 road loss, and it will be to an average team.
Still hung over from last night or celebrating early this morning?

popcornhog

Quote from: MushroomCloudHog on December 31, 2017, 10:17:36 pm
I'll say 5-4 on the road in conference play. That might not look very good....but if we swept at home we would be 14-4 in conference.

5-4 would be amazing if we win 7+ at home.
WPS

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

MushroomCloudHog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 01, 2018, 04:13:50 pm
We're getting two this week.

Yep and both are winnable of losable. If some how we win both....it would be huge.

rljjr

My going in hopes for this team was to win 4 out of every 5 games, which would mean we would end up with 26-6 before the tourney if I did my math right. I think its feasible to only lose 4 more regular season games the rest of the way.

Nosboar Accubond

.500 on the road would be REMARKABLE

ShadowHawg

Fan701

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on January 01, 2018, 07:03:30 pm
.500 on the road would be REMARKABLE
Yes, that would be remarkable - mathematically speaking - since we play 9 games.  If we were to win 4.5 games people would marvel at in future times for as long as the game is played!

Atlhogfan1

No Rupp. No Knoxville.  No Memorial Gym. 5 wins at least. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The_Iceman

We need to at least split this week. Really hope we win tomorrow so we can play with house money on Saturday.

Dominicanhog

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 01, 2018, 08:10:49 pm
So 5 of the remaining 8? Ain't happening

popcornhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 01, 2018, 08:10:49 pm

If we beat AU, I believe 5 is possible.

If we don't beat AU on Saturday, I'm not sure the path to 5-4 is realistic.
WPS

FineAsSwine

4-5 or possibly 3-6 if the bench doesn't kick in soon.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hogsanity

I predicted 23-8 overall, 12-6 in the SEC so I was thinking 3 or 4 and pretty much hold serve at home, maybe drop 1 in BWA.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 03, 2018, 08:17:06 pm
So 5 of the remaining 8? Ain't happening

Check when the post was made. Still possible but was counting on a win over MSU. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: popcornhog on January 03, 2018, 08:18:02 pm
If we beat AU, I believe 5 is possible.

If we don't beat AU on Saturday, I'm not sure the path to 5-4 is realistic.

I made the post expecting at least one if not two road wins this week. 

cram224

Final record before SEC Tournament 20-11.

b-ball coach

21-10 with a 10-8 league mark (2-7 on the road; 8-1 record at Bud). The SEC is much improved and that record will get us in in the 7-11 seed range depending on how we do in Sec tourney.

Letsroll1200

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Lanny

Quote from: b-ball coach on January 04, 2018, 12:22:24 am
21-10 with a 10-8 league mark (2-7 on the road; 8-1 record at Bud). The SEC is much improved and that record will get us in in the 7-11 seed range depending on how we do in Sec tourney.
close but Arkansas will lose 2 at home
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2018, 09:52:38 pm
I predicted 23-8 overall, 12-6 in the SEC so I was thinking 3 or 4 and pretty much hold serve at home, maybe drop 1 in BWA.

See how much we are alike? ha.... that was my exact prediction from early on.... Now, I'm afraid that's too ambitious, and we are better than I thought we'd be...

Road wins are going to be really tough.. I've re adjusted my sec to 10-8.. again, thinking we are better than I thought we'd be, mostly because of Gafford, ..

Atlhogfan1

SEC road teams were 4-3 Tu and Wed of this week.  It isn't an impossible task to win on the road. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 04, 2018, 09:16:16 am
SEC road teams were 4-3 Tu and Wed of this week.  It isn't an impossible task to win on the road.

not impossible, but by season's end it will be close to historical trends... 30ish%

I saw an article, but can't find it now.. something like, in conference, the SEC has the worst road win % of all P5's..

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 04, 2018, 09:22:21 am
not impossible, but by season's end it will be close to historical trends... 30ish%

I saw an article, but can't find it now.. something like, in conference, the SEC has the worst road win % of all P5's..

I have the %'s going back several seasons somewhere in my post history.  I don't believe a road team won over the weekend so I think its 4-8 right now.  This season is different because the conference is deeper but without a great team.  There isn't venues where you look at it and think that's a definite loss because of team and environment.  BWA and Rupp would come closest.  And we don't have to play ourselves or go to Rupp  ;D .  With the parity, who knows how this will shake out.  We also may have two conversations: what will happen and what should. 

Hawg Red

4-5 or 5-4. I still believe that even after giving that game away Tuesday. And we did give that game away. You can read off all the stats about fouls and FTs and all that good stuff, but we will always get called for fouls on the road due to the style of play. We still should have beaten that team but we folded at the end. The good news is, they might come out with a chip on their shoulder Saturday. It's a tough league for sure this year, so I think most road game are both winnable and loseable for the Hogs. In the end, I think we will have 4 or 5 road wins and I'll be happy with that. We'll be in a really good spot if we can protect homecourt and win 4-5 on the road.