Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#16 on Monday with win Saturday?

Started by brenthog, February 18, 2015, 10:41:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brenthog

Do we pass #15 UNC when they lost by 2 @ Duke in OT?

Dr. Starcs

Beat miss st.

I know you said with a win, but that will be a tough ballgame. One we are very capable of winning. Also, miss st hosts ole miss tomorrow night which should help us as they will have a quick turn around.

jcpack

Quote from: brenthog on February 18, 2015, 10:41:26 pm
Dvr'd the duke/unc game, about midway through it now! Have completely avoided any chance of accidentally seeing the score. Opened this thread and bam! Just never as fun to watch when you know how it ends! Lol

Pigliophile

Let's just keep winning and let the AP and coaches worry about the polls. :razorback:

brenthog

Quote from: jcpack on February 18, 2015, 10:55:54 pm
Dvr'd the duke/unc game, about midway through it now! Have completely avoided any chance of accidentally seeing the score. Opened this thread and bam! Just never as fun to watch when you know how it ends! Lol

So sorry man...from now on any post like this from me would say spoiler of x game.

z1on

Quote from: jcpack on February 18, 2015, 10:55:54 pm

lmao

Danny J

Quote from: z1on on February 18, 2015, 11:06:41 pm
lmao
I am smiling right now but it really isn't funny!!! Happens to me all the time so I started watching all games first then coming onto HV. Even if it is NJIT versus Bethune Cookman it will somehow get mentioned.

As to the OP...hard to say. A lot depends on what teams ahead of us do. UNC is not going to fall that much at all especially with their performance tonight. They will likely fall two spots. Beating MSU is going to be really tough. It is a revenge game on their home court. They play better at home and we are ranked so that is even more incentive. The one thing in our favor is that they host Ole Miss Tomorrow. Hopefully that will be a gut wrenching 4OT game.

jcpack

Quote from: brenthog on February 18, 2015, 11:06:18 pm
So sorry man...from now on any post like this from me would say spoiler of x game.
No worries bro! Gave me an opportunity to rewatch the last episode of gold rush and decide for myself if the ol man really let that big rock go through the grate and screw up the hopper! I'm  convinced he did and is in denial.

al2305

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 18, 2015, 10:44:02 pm
Beat miss st.

I know you said with a win, but that will be a tough ballgame. One we are very capable of winning. Also, miss st hosts ole miss tomorrow night which should help us as they will have a quick turn around.

Was definitely glad to see they have to play tomorrow night and we got low stress win and extra day rest.  I hope they go into triple overtime and beat ole Miss.  That'll leave them with dead legs for us and ole Miss cant pass us.

SamBuckhart

Yes. We should move up. I'm tired of 8 oclock games. Glad to be able to watch them though.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

popcornhog

Quote from: brenthog on February 18, 2015, 10:41:26 pm

I know it's not the point of your thrrad, but Duke isn't number 2.

UNC should not drop for a 2 point loss to a topn5 team though. They may even move up.
WPS

hvsupastar

You know, the top 25 means so little in college basketball that it really doesn't matter to me.  I guess it'd be cool to be a top ten team by seasons end.  But looking back at a few years ago, I believe SMU was in the top 25 and didn't make the field of 68. 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

popcornhog

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 19, 2015, 08:05:46 am
You know, the top 25 means so little in college basketball that it really doesn't matter to me.  I guess it'd be cool to be a top ten team by seasons end.  But looking back at a few years ago, I believe SMU was in the top 25 and didn't make the field of 68.

True. But something like 99.8% of teams who finish in the Top 25 make the tourney.
WPS

ricepig

Quote from: jcpack on February 18, 2015, 11:33:46 pm
No worries bro! Gave me an opportunity to rewatch the last episode of gold rush and decide for myself if the ol man really let that big rock go through the grate and screw up the hopper! I'm  convinced he did and is in denial.

No doubt that's what happened, ole Jack drops the preaching, and ups the cussing when the heats on, lol.

hvsupastar

Quote from: popcornhog on February 19, 2015, 09:11:55 am
True. But something like 99.8% of teams who finish in the Top 25 make the tourney.

Heck its probably higher percentage than that.  I just thought that added a lot of parody to the poll.  How can the number 25 team in the country not be a top 68 team in the country.  Of Course, if Hogs were to win the next 3 there is a good chance we move into top ten and people start talking about us as contenders leaving Lexington with a win.  Heck I changed my mind, lets move up as far as we can.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

jabber71

February 19, 2015, 10:41:44 am #15 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:08:22 am by jabber71
So far 3 teams ranked ahead has lost this week. Take care of business Saturday and could be as high as #12 or #13
AP TOP 25
8   Kansas
Overall: 21-5
Conference: 10-3
Statistics | Schedule | Roster   02/16 lost to West Virginia 61-62
12   Louisville
Overall: 20-6
Conference: 8-5
Statistics | Schedule | Roster   02/18 lost to Syracuse 59-69
15   North Carolina
Overall: 18-8
Conference: 8-5
Statistics | Schedule | Roster   02/18 lost to Duke 90-92

18   Arkansas
Overall: 21-5
Conference: 10-3
Statistics | Schedule | Roster   02/18 defeated Missouri 84-69
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

opineonswine

Our RPI went down after last night's win over hapless Mizzou.  Have to win Sat night and then get to the games that CAN improve our RPI.

hoghiker

Quote from: opineonswine on February 19, 2015, 10:43:14 am
Our RPI went down after last night's win over hapless Mizzou.  Have to win Sat night and then get to the games that CAN improve our RPI.
I understand the RPI deal, mostly; however, you play the schedule you got and win every game you can. I still believe lots of wins in the SEC means something. Right?

opineonswine

Quote from: hoghiker on February 19, 2015, 11:02:18 am
I understand the RPI deal, mostly; however, you play the schedule you got and win every game you can. I still believe lots of wins in the SEC means something. Right?

Does to me!

Atlhogfan1

February 19, 2015, 11:12:56 am #19 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:31:52 am by Atlhogfan1
Quote from: opineonswine on February 19, 2015, 10:43:14 am

Quote from: hoghiker on February 19, 2015, 11:02:18 am

Yep.  A&M, UK and LSU will help.  Hogs' SOS dropped to 88 in ESPN's estimate with an in conference SOS of 131 (worst in the SEC, UK only other team +100 at 101) and CBS has the SOS at 79. 

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/sos
The SOS impact shows which teams have the most positive impact on their opponent's SOS.  UK is at the top. Hogs 25.  A&M 41.  OM 56.  LSU 59.

Mizzou 263
MSU 202

As far as the ranking, I don't know about dropping UNC after that loss and they should beat GT this weekend at home.  What may drop them is the loss being part of having lost 4 of their last 5.  Louisville has lost 3 of 4 and play Miami this weekend.  Maryland gets a home game with Nebraska tonight. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Beaverfever

Quote from: opineonswine on February 19, 2015, 11:04:16 am
Does to me!
I second that.  After years and years of losing just give me wins.  The rest will take care of itself.  I'd give my left nut for 30 wins this year.  I hope mentioning the outside chance of getting 30 wins isn't taboo.  I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread with someone mentioning it yet. 

HotlantaHog

Not sure a win at Mississippi State does too much unless teams immediately ahead of Hogs lose ... I don't view UNC loss in OT at Duke as anything but a great effort ...

The Hogs will have a chance to impress with a win versus Kentucky, and next week with Texas A&M which has been very good at times...

Beaverfever

Quote from: HotlantaHog on February 19, 2015, 12:51:34 pm
The Hogs will have a chance to impress with a win versus Kentucky, and next week with Texas A&M which has been very good at times...
Yeah to say the least.  I'm 26, the very first game I remember was UMass whipping us in 95.  Honestly winning at UK and breaking their streak would be the biggest win I can remember.  I know it means nothing as far as championships go but winning is winning.  It feels good.  I'll take that back.  It'd be the second biggest win I can remember.  Gotta go with beating Auburn in the SEC tourney going 4/4. 

razorbackfanatic

+1
This made me lol! Love that show! "No way that came thru the grizzly bars!"

TexArkHogFan

FWIW, we did indeed pass NC in the CBS plus one poll which is updated daily.  We moved up to No. 15, ahead of  NC and Louisville which were ranked ahead of us  Dropped out of the Top 25 in the RPI though. .
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

mhuff

Quote from: Pigliophile on February 18, 2015, 11:02:16 pm
Let's just keep winning and let the AP and coaches worry about the polls. :razorback:

gmarv

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 19, 2015, 12:51:30 pm
I second that.  After years and years of losing just give me wins.  The rest will take care of itself.  I'd give my left nut for 30 wins this year.  I hope mentioning the outside chance of getting 30 wins isn't taboo.  I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread with someone mentioning it yet. 
holy cow I,ve been so focused on getting to 25.hadn,t thought of getting to 30 now that's what I want.

hawginbigd1

Had a couple decent wins for us tonight with Dayton and SMU winning conference games, all 3 of our records look really similar.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Danny J on February 18, 2015, 11:17:15 pm
I am smiling right now but it really isn't funny!!! Happens to me all the time so I started watching all games first then coming onto HV. Even if it is NJIT versus Bethune Cookman it will somehow get mentioned.

As to the OP...hard to say. A lot depends on what teams ahead of us do. UNC is not going to fall that much at all especially with their performance tonight. They will likely fall two spots. Beating MSU is going to be really tough. It is a revenge game on their home court. They play better at home and we are ranked so that is even more incentive. The one thing in our favor is that they host Ole Miss Tomorrow. Hopefully that will be a gut wrenching 4OT game.
New Jersey Institute of technology? Tell me that's a real place so I can laugh accordingly.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

bigred223

Guys Rpi isn't a big deal for our ap ranking. We could definitely get a bump up in the poles with a win Saturday.

micali

I saw that one too.  I bet he screwed up and can't accept it. 

TRUHOG718

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 20, 2015, 07:01:03 am
New Jersey Institute of technology? Tell me that's a real place so I can laugh accordingly.

Yes they are. No one really knew about them until they stunned Michigan this season. They play in a gym that would make some high schools look like Bud Walton. On another note what is gold rush? Is it on Netflix and is it a good show?  I'm always looking for something new to watch.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.